Jango Fett Built from Scratch (Pic Heavy!)

Today I attempted to tackle Jango's heat issues... Quite successfully if I do say so myself!

I drew up and 3D printed some parts to fit the Blower fan I have.

117.jpg

These parts attached to each end of some spare Boba Fett gauntlet hose I had.

118.jpg

One of the 3D printed parts was glued onto the blower fan and sealed round with silicone.

119.jpg

I mounted the fan onto a piece of Foamex and stuck on some Velcro. I wanted all the mechanical parts to be easily removable just in case they ever need maintenance.

120.jpg

The fan was Velcroed (Is that a word?) behind the vent in the back of the helmet and covered in foam for a bit of sound insulation. The hose, luckily, fit nicely between the head harness and the helmet and was Velcroed into place. The 3D printed part on the other end of the hose was to spread the flow of air across my face a little better. The fan was then connected up to a switch and then to a powerbank. These were also attached with Velcro.

121.jpg

The end result was pretty successful, I now have a nice cool breeze blowing around my face!

Also here's a quick Photoshop I did... (Which is now also my desktop background). If anyone can do a better one, that'd be great! :lol:

122.jpg

Tom, Your Jango Looks AWESOME!! You've done a fantastic job!!!

I was wondering about your helmet, to me it looks a tiny bit short. Maybe it's the lighting???

Today I attempted to tackle Jango's heat issues... Quite successfully if I do say so myself!

View attachment 195609

View attachment 195610

One of the 3D printed parts was glued onto the blower fan and sealed round with silicone.

View attachment 195611

I mounted the fan onto a piece of Foamex and stuck on some Velcro. I wanted all the mechanical parts to be easily removable just in case they ever need maintenance.

View attachment 195612

The fan was Velcroed (Is that a word?) behind the vent in the back of the helmet and covered in foam for a bit of sound insulation. The hose, luckily, fit nicely between the head harness and the helmet and was Velcroed into place. The 3D printed part on the other end of the hose was to spread the flow of air across my face a little better. The fan was then connected up to a switch and then to a powerbank. These were also attached with Velcro.

View attachment 195613

The end result was pretty successful, I now have a nice cool breeze blowing around my face!

Also here's a quick Photoshop I did... (Which is now also my desktop background). If anyone can do a better one, that'd be great! :lol:

View attachment 195614
Tom Walker
Thats a cool setup, I'm a fan... (haha, see what I did there? I know... lame. But thats my kind of humor!)

That said, the pragmatism with wich you tackle the jobs you encounter is astonishing. Me being more of the overthinker-kind, I admire that!

The photoshop-job is cool, too! Not only do I like the background very much (in fact it is in my "cool art" assortment), you fit in there really well :D Reminds me of the Game "Star Wars Bounty Hunter".

Tom, Your Jango Looks AWESOME!! You've done a fantastic job!!!

I was wondering about your helmet, to me it looks a tiny bit short. Maybe it's the lighting???

Thanks a lot! (y)

I think perspective plays a big part in this, but I think you're right... It's made from one of my Boba Fett helmets so I expected the measurements to be a little off for Jango (who seems to have a taller and thinner helmet). I've been thinking about doing another cast and trying to add some height, but doing so would mean i'd have to remake all the ear parts etc... For now it will do, haha! :lol:

Tom Walker
Thats a cool setup, I'm a fan... (haha, see what I did there? I know... lame. But thats my kind of humor!)

That said, the pragmatism with wich you tackle the jobs you encounter is astonishing. Me being more of the overthinker-kind, I admire that!

The photoshop-job is cool, too! Not only do I like the background very much (in fact it is in my "cool art" assortment), you fit in there really well :D Reminds me of the Game "Star Wars Bounty Hunter".

Thanks for the kind words! (y)

I was lucky to find such a good piece of artwork with the right perspective to match the photo. I was thinking of Star Wars Bounty Hunter whilst I was editing it... Great minds think alike! :lol:

Upon closer inspection, it seems the helmet is relatively the right size (the visor section at least). The dome could do with a little more height, the cheeks are too wide and the sides of the helmet need to taper less. I feel this could all be achieved fairly easily. Sigh... I'll add it to my list... :lol:

View attachment 195686 View attachment 195687 View attachment 195688
Fairly easy?!? This would mean an entire new helmet cast, wouldnt it?
You are right though... The dome is most notable, to me and the width more reflects a Boba.
Your pragmatism and solution-oriantation again only leaves me astonished!

Your great minds think alike quote had me smiling! I love that game, although I never played it myself.

Fairly easy?!? This would mean an entire new helmet cast, wouldnt it?
You are right though... The dome is most notable, to me and the width more reflects a Boba.
Your pragmatism and solution-oriantation again only leaves me astonished!

Your great minds think alike quote had me smiling! I love that game, although I never played it myself.

It would! But I have a mould and it'd be a shame to not get the use out of it... Saying that, I'm probably not going to do it right away, as I want to troop what I have at the moment... Before I start modifying everything... ;)

I only played it briefly, but I still have it for PS2 somewhere. I might dig it out so I can get into character!

Any bit of appreciation of SWBH i highly approve, diehard fan of that game!!
How your flightsuit is lit in that awesome pic you edited...totally reminded me of how it looks during the cutscenes in the game and in the promotional stuff, i noticed it was a bit darker than the film suit colour on the rendered model. Love that!

Attachments

• SWBH Characters - Jango Fett (0).jpg
    SWBH Characters - Jango Fett (0).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 233
Hello everyone!

My Jango kit was approved by my local trooping squad! :D

But before taking on it's first outing, I wanted to do a few more little changes/additions...

I revisited the blasters and decided to repaint the handles. I used the same Alclad II paint that I used on the rest of the blaster.

126.jpg

I also needed somewhere to put my voice amplifier. So I decided to make a pouch that was in-keeping with the rest of the pouches on the belt.

127.jpg

128.jpg

The mic cable plugged in through a small hole and was tucked into the girth belt and fed up through the flight suit. Once set up, the pouch could be slid to the back of the belt so it was more or less out of sight.

129.jpg

My kit was now fully ready for trooping this weekend... Due to the current circumstances it was a little different from usual troops... Only masked characters were allowed and we had to keep our distance from the public. Nevertheless I was eager to go out. Here are the pictures from yesterday...

130.jpg

133.jpg

132.jpg

131.jpg

Fortunately one of the crew members is a professional photographer, so got some incredible shots of me too! :love:

134.jpg

135.jpg

After a full day of trooping I was pleasantly surprised with how everything went with the kit. The only thing being that the three hoses on the right gauntlet seem to restrict my arm from sitting comfortably, causing quite bad arm ache by the end of the day. I'm going to try and rectify this before my next troop.

Hello everyone!

My Jango kit was approved by my local trooping squad! :D

But before taking on it's first outing, I wanted to do a few more little changes/additions...

I revisited the blasters and decided to repaint the handles. I used the same Alclad II paint that I used on the rest of the blaster.

View attachment 197321

I also needed somewhere to put my voice amplifier. So I decided to make a pouch that was in-keeping with the rest of the pouches on the belt.

View attachment 197322

View attachment 197323

The mic cable plugged in through a small hole and was tucked into the girth belt and fed up through the flight suit. Once set up, the pouch could be slid to the back of the belt so it was more or less out of sight.

View attachment 197324

My kit was now fully ready for trooping this weekend... Due to the current circumstances it was a little different from usual troops... Only masked characters were allowed and we had to keep our distance from the public. Nevertheless I was eager to go out. Here are the pictures from yesterday...

View attachment 197325

View attachment 197326

View attachment 197327

View attachment 197328

Fortunately one of the crew members is a professional photographer, so got some incredible shots of me too! :love:

View attachment 197329

View attachment 197330

After a full day of trooping I was pleasantly surprised with how everything went with the kit. The only thing being that the three hoses on the right gauntlet seem to restrict my arm from sitting comfortably, causing quite bad arm ache by the end of the day. I'm going to try and rectify this before my next troop.
Those pictures are really really cool! Congrats on your first troop! Btw... I think it wonderful, that Star Wars helmets qualify as masks :D

View attachment 195609

View attachment 195610

View attachment 195611

View attachment 195612

View attachment 195613

View attachment 195614
That's great. Could you share the 3D file for the blower adapter?

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back