Is my Fett suit going to be good enough?

DentedCodPiece

New Hunter
Hi guys,

really new here yet I've followed without being a member for over a year. I can't say how brilliant some of the tutorials on here have been to me. I've done my best to follow them but no too sure if I've done a good enough job? I'd like to do something with my suit when it's finished, like troop in it or join a Garrison but not sure it will pass? Here are a few pics too see where I'm at. Jetpack still to do which is a Man Of War Studios sitting in the garage. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated!! Negative or positive!

Rich

IMG_6423.jpg

IMG_6440.jpg

IMG_6432.jpg

IMG_6437.jpg

I'd say it's more than good enough...Can't say for sure with 501st clearance but from what I can see I can't see anything that would stop it. Most groups would be delighted to have this kit on board.

great work.

Well done

Rich looks like a solid build! The benefit of being on TDH and putting your work up for people to see is the masters of detail on here can help you tweak things on your suit to make it as close to 100% accurate as it can be. You've done a bangin' job on your suit so far. Nice work.

I looks very nice! When it comes to joining different groups ( mando mercs/501st) it is best, in my opinion , just to sign up and find out what that individual/local branch of the group wants /expects. Some seem to be more strict than others. If the end goal is to join that group then just go along with what they want until you're approved. Too often there is a mismatch of information between this ( and other) page and what someone approving a costume will want.

Sign up on the Bounty Hunters Guild and you can have some guys who actually do the grading for the 501st take a look at it. They are often on this site too but the BHG is the detachment for all things bounty hunter in the 501st.

Also and this is a BIG thing............it has to be on you. It can't be approved on a mannequin.

Approval is as much about fit as it is about all the parts being right. It doesn't mean you have to be screen perfect but the proportions have to be there while it is on you.

Ah right. Should ok though hopefully, as it's on a mannequin I made of myself with duct tape. I am a little worried how it will hold up being walked around in. Snap buttons popping off etc.

The range finder isn't on because I can't figure out a way of it moving up and down nicely. It keeps falling down and it's heavy. I'm worried it will damage the helmet. I'm sure I'll find the answer to that problem on here. I'll finish the jetpack and then come back here. Thanks so much for the advice everyone. I'll also post some better pics when it's completed!!

Thanks Mullreel, I'll take a look there. I can't believe that requirements differ for different Garrisons? They should be the same. Like one place to get the right details to pass and a board for it to go in front of maybe? I just hope there aren't problems with the armour as replacing that could be a pain!

Technically they are the same. BUT you have different GMLs so some are experts on TKs some are experts on Vader and some know the Fetts.....so what you get is a difference in the eye of the beholder. I for instance would be much more critical of Jango Fett and Boba Fett than I would be on a TK. It is just the fact that I know Fetts much better so my eye naturally goes to the details.

Only because I don't see them, do you have gloves for Fett? No glove no love!! :lol: Back to your Fett, I think it looks great! Some hoses for your gauntlets, gloves, and shin tools and you'll be set!

no gloves no love!! I do have gloves but I need some decent hands. I made creepy duct tape hands but they won't stay on or hold the gun, plus the kids keep stealing them and playing with them got the pipes for the gauntlet. I was only going to put them on the right one, is that right?

Yes, but he could be going for the SE Fett. He's missing a few small details on the helmet and I can't get a good count on ammo pouches.
Ahhh you make a good point. I have never gotten a good look at the SE Fett. I was more of a main suit guy (ESB Hero, ROTJ Hero, Holiday Special Fett, etc)

Alex

What is missing on the helmet apart from the detached range finder? I have to be honest, I preferred the rotj colour scheme and gauntlets but the ESB helmet so that's what I did. It was deliberately mixed for preference but then did notice that the ESB helmet did get used with the ROTJ suit at some stage? It's so confusing! Also, I made 8 ammo pouches as per TK409's website. I'm sure he mixed up the ESB helmet with the ROTJ suit as well?

What is missing on the helmet apart from the detached range finder? I have to be honest, I preferred the rotj colour scheme and gauntlets but the ESB helmet so that's what I did. It was deliberately mixed for preference but then did notice that the ESB helmet did get used with the ROTJ suit at some stage? It's so confusing! Also, I made 8 ammo pouches as per TK409's website. I'm sure he mixed up the ESB helmet with the ROTJ suit as well?
As rnbuda pointed out, you could probably just pass it off as the ROTJ SE suit until you buy a ROTJ helmet if ever.
And your missing shin tools.
Alex

As rnbuda pointed out, you could probably just pass it off as the ROTJ SE suit until you buy a ROTJ helmet if ever.
And your missing shin tools.
Alex
SE fett is not that simple, especially considering there are two versions...film and promo. Both have differences in armor painting, ammo pouches, shin tools...it's easier to say what is the same between the two versions versus RoTJ straight up.

Your best bet is to post up detailed pictures of all your parts on thebhg.net and let some 501st Fettheads take a look at it.

There are some things I think I see wrong...but without detailed pictures of all your pieces it's tough to work out. You also need pictures with the armor on you....get used to it cause it sucks getting submission photos made in that costume.

Sent via Holonet from Slave I

Technically they are the same. BUT you have different GMLs so some are experts on TKs some are experts on Vader and some know the Fetts.....so what you get is a difference in the eye of the beholder. I for instance would be much more critical of Jango Fett and Boba Fett than I would be on a TK. It is just the fact that I know Fetts much better so my eye naturally goes to the details.
Some also read the CRLS incorrectly. The cape is a specific size (30 X 30) yet some GMLs look at reference pictures and go based on body proportions. This can impact someone with a small or large chest for example.

I've seen some pretty horrid Fetts (from a purist perspective) get approved by unknowing GMLs that still make the rubies outfit look like slumber wear. Even a horrid 501st Fett generally is pretty amazing towards the general public...same for Merc Fetts.

Sent via Holonet from Slave I

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back