Is my Fett suit going to be good enough?

View attachment 105485View attachment 105484View attachment 105486View attachment 105487View attachment 105488
Just a few updated photos of me wearing the suit. Fit's perfect except for the knee plates slipping down. Tighter elastic needed. I hope it looks ok to a few of you out there!! I know the pics aren't great, I'm missing a few bits like range finder, shin tools, gauntlet pipes, back plate, jet pack etc, but I do have them all. The jet is a bigger project than I thought it would be (like everything fett I think). Apart from the armour not having a return edge, I hope it doesn't look to bad even for the purists out there.
Once again man! It looks completely badass! Great build and good looking suit so far!

Alex

Good idea. I may back it up with velcro. The original was elastic though wasn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks 01Hawk and Alex! It's the first time I'd tried it on. It was a right buzz!! I loved it. Feels a shame for it to sit on a mannequin forever.

Elastic around the back, yes, but the original was only used for movie scenes, not lots of walking around. A velcro patch behind the top or the kneecap helps a lot. On mine I even have snaps on the sides, since my kneecaps are heavy due to the aluminum frame I added to make them stronger.

I actually placed sticky side industrial velcro on the inside middle portion of my knee armor on my first suit and then lined it up and attached it to my flight suit and never had any more issues with knee armor slippage.

Look up a documentary called "bucket heads: a webisode" its got a scene where jeremy bulloch is talking about how the knee armor was only held on by elastic and everytime nearly every time he walked, "they shot off across the room"

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560

I in no way wish to offend the maker of this set of armour, but how can this be 501st approved? In my opinion the paintwork is not of high enough standard and this looks worse than the fact the armour is the correct depth? Does anyone else agree that this is a little unfair? Does the level of paint work also contribute to whether or not it passes? Maybe I'm just a little bitter?:lol:

View attachment 105108

- - - Updated - - -

I was a GML for 5yrs in my garrison. this armor (the one you posted, not yours) would never have got past me, and shouldn't have gotten past any GML, assuming this is supposedly 501st approved. The paint is very low level, completely wrong green, chest emblem way to close to the corner, and it appears that the shoulders were painted reversed as the skull on the shoulder there appears to be done on the incorrect shoulder. that dent should be on the other shoulder. That said, older members with costumes built to older standards before we had the reference we now have, plus the addition of blu-rays and hi-def etc, are "grandfathered" in. So there are some older Fetts in the legion that dont look so great. But remember 15yrs ago we didnt have the resources or reference we have now.

As for what you have there..it looks pretty good. A little too shiny i think, but that can be remedied with a dull coat. you can add an edge of bondo the the armor to make it appear thicker on the edges. But iverall i think it looks very good and you'd likely need only a few tweaks to pass basic clearance. Like was said before, there are alot of factors involved in the clearance..from your particular GML to the paint, the pieces themselves, and how it all fits you.

velcro behind the kness is what i did. I had a snap at one pint but if i kneeled it hurt like hell so i switched it to velcro. I did similar things with a combo of snaps and velcro to hold up my ammo belt and girth belt so nothing would slip.

I used elastic for my first few troops and even though it did stayed up I decided to add Velcro to the back for insurance. Well worth it.

Good idea. I may back it up with velcro. The original was elastic though wasn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks 01Hawk and Alex! It's the first time I'd tried it on. It was a right buzz!! I loved it. Feels a shame for it to sit on a mannequin forever.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back