Interest Thread - Laser Cut Armour

Well FINALLY I have some digital pics...

LaserCutJet%20Pack1.gif

LaserCutJet%20Pack2.gif

LaserCutJet%20Pack3.gif

LaserCutJet%20Pack4.gif

LaserCutJet%20Pack5.gif

Andy ... my G'd that is amazing. I cannot believe how accurately you can do all of that. Absolutely amazing work! It must be an amzing site to see fully assembled. Speaking of which, are you planning on doing that and taking pictures of it assembled??!!!!

:) Thank you so much Jimmy! :D

I will be taking pictures during it's assebmly to creat the Tutorial packet that I'm going to include in it's sale :) I won't send a kit without instructions!! How screwed would we be if our TK sets didn't have that booklet? :)

I won't send a kit without instructions!! How screwed would we be if our TK sets didn't have that booklet? :)

bah! real troopers throw that crap away first thing :lol: :lol: ;)

in this case though, i can see instructions being a good thing.

i'm already envisioning replacing the fiberglass body of my JP with this, and using my fiberglass rocket and thrusters.

do you know how large this pack will be when it's done? (15" vs 16".x?)

"I thought these suits we designed to make sure you were dead if you got hit. Why else would we wear them???" :lol:lol::lol:
I love that movie (y)

But anyhow... what would roughly be the price on a set of armour? I'm yet another of these cheap young people who can't afford to waste much on hobbies.

And for those worrying about jet pack-assembly being too complicated... it's actually rather logical with parts from WoF's beautiful blueprints (y) Even I managed to do it! No lasercut sintra though - dremelled sheet of pvc had to do.

bah! real troopers throw that crap away first thing :lol: :lol: ;)

in this case though, i can see instructions being a good thing.

i'm already envisioning replacing the fiberglass body of my JP with this, and using my fiberglass rocket and thrusters.

do you know how large this pack will be when it's done? (15" vs 16".x?)
The height of the back plate of the jet pack is just under 14". 13.9" to be exact.
But with the central pipe running up the middle it's go a little higher. (un peu)

That laser is saving humanity many hours and thumbs. Unless of course you screw up putting it together. Doing this project on my pack i did things one at a time. If i would have had all that set out on the table honestly i would have been frightened to start. Mine is finished now and i am pretty happy with it. I haven't fully painted it because I am most likely going to mold it.

I commend you

-=QuinN!

hmm I would love to get on this but i can't swing 150.00. Im poor due to planning a wedding. How long will you be offering this service for the jet pack???

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm I would love to get on this but i can't swing 150.00. Im poor due to planning a wedding. How long will you be offering this service for the jet pack???

i caught the poor bug too :cry :lol:

can you do the cod or back plate of the WoF size specific templates though? i could probably afford those (or one of those :rolleyes)

and I'd pay for the assembly/molding of the parts too. (I'm not that poor yet... i hope :lol:)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back