Initiating ROTJ Boba Fett costume (Newbie)

Deepblue

New Hunter
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and I'm planning to put together a complete ROTJ Boba Fett costume to the 501st Legion's standards.

I've read through as much as I can, both on this forum, Ebay, etc, but need some expert advice. I've listed some recommendations for the various parts as follows (for both kit form or commission) as per the 501st CRL:

Helmet: Bobamaker, RS Propmasters, Skyfire
Chest / Back / Shoulder / Cod / Kidney / Knee / Gauntlet / : Bobamaker, RS Propmasters, RKD
Jetpack: Bobamaker, RS Propmasters, MOW
Flight Suit: Arkady

1) Please advise if there are any other vendors I can consider for the above items?

2) What is Arkady's contact as I can;t seem to find it?

3) Which vendors can I consider for the following items?

Neck Seal / Flak Vest / Cape / Wookie Scalps / Gloves / Spats / Boots / Ammo Belt / Hip Pouches / Girth Belt / Shin Tool (Sonic Beam Weapon + Anti-Security Blade)

I apologize if I have posted in the wrong section, as I'm very new to this.

Thank you in advance.

Andrew

those are some pretty good makers you have listed there, but depending on where you're from there may be some better options. Animefan does great helmets, redkraytdraon makes armor, Arkady also makes neck seals and flak vests I believe, you can message her here on the boards. Woodman is who you should get a cape, scalps, and girth belt. DeltaMike for the ammo belt. Boots are currently hard to find, MoW might have a pair in your size. I'm not sure who does spats or pouches, but they're not too difficult to make yourself if you can use a sewing machine, once links get fixes from the forum upgrade you'll be able to find patterns here. I'm not sure where to get shin tools, I got mine from bobamaker years and years ago. And as for gloves, I make some that people seem to like.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your advice, and I live in Singapore.

Anyway, I'm of small build: 5' 2'' (probably did not drink enough milk when young.... LOL).

For the gloves, do you have any pics?

MOW does not have my size for the boots, while I've PM the others you have mentioned.

For the helmet, besides Skyfire, who else makes one for a person of small build like myself?

Any recommended vendor for the EE-3 blaster?

Anyway, I found some costume part makers on Ebay as follows:

Empire Strikes Back Boba Fett Body Armor [fiberglass, painted, weathered]

Star Wars Boba Fett Blaster Movie Prop Replica EE-3 Carbine Custom

Star Wars prop Boba Fett ROTJ Adult helmet costume metal stalk 501st quality (I read some negative feedback on this forum about this seller, Korbanth)

Boba Fett Flak Vest & Neck Seal Star Wars Costume *other colors available*

Are they members on this forum and anyone has any experience with them?

CC: HI ShortFuse,

Thanks for your advice too.

Andrew

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your advice, and I live in Singapore.

Anyway, I'm of small build: 5' 2'' (probably did not drink enough milk when young.... LOL).

For the gloves, do you have any pics?

MOW does not have my size for the boots, while I've PM the others you have mentioned.

For the helmet, besides Skyfire, who else makes one for a person of small build like myself?

Any recommended vendor for the EE-3 blaster?

Anyway, I found some costume part makers on Ebay as follows:

Empire Strikes Back Boba Fett Body Armor [fiberglass, painted, weathered]

Star Wars Boba Fett Blaster Movie Prop Replica EE-3 Carbine Custom

Star Wars prop Boba Fett ROTJ Adult helmet costume metal stalk 501st quality (I read some negative feedback on this forum about this seller, Korbanth)

Boba Fett Flak Vest & Neck Seal Star Wars Costume *other colors available*

Are they members on this forum and anyone has any experience with them?

CC: HI ShortFuse,

Thanks for your advice too.

Andrew
Other than Skyfire, Bobamaker makes a relatively small helmet that would be suitable for a smaller person such as yourself.

The eBay armor looks to be from a member here, but would likely be too large for you. RKD makes a set for smaller people.
You'll be disappointed with the eBay EE-3, that looks to just be a repainted toy.
Avoid Korbanth, it's a recast helmet AND you won't get what's in the pictures. He paints his helmets with a sponge (no I'm not joking) and you'll end up having to repaint it as another member here did. (tfett40)
For the price of that eBay neck seal and vest you could get a higher quality and custom fitted one from Arkady here.

I guess most importantly, stay away from eBay, you'll find better quality pieces here. Save yourself the trouble.

Try to stay away from eBay. There are very few that are worth messing with. MOW is the only one I would deal with on eBay.

edit. Raizo beat me to it.

Good to see a fellow Singaporean here :)

Definitely Woodman for his cape, girth belt and braids. He makes ammo belts too.

If you decide on Bobamaker for helmet, armor, gauntlets and jetpack, his quality is top notch albeit on the pricier side and you will be on a long waiting list.

You will need a harness for your jetpack so look up Bigdane for an accurate one, and full metal fett for the hooks, clips and US Divers buckle replica.

Arkady is a brilliant choice for all your soft part needs. Mike M's gloves are highly recommended.

Sidewinder and MLS make awesome EE-3 kits.

I will reiterate what has been mentioned already because this is important: Aside from MoW, stay away from eBay at all costs. Visit the Cargo Hold here and you should be able to cover all your needs.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your build!

Hi Short Fuse / Raizo,

Thanks for your advice and much appreciate it. I'll go through them and ask again if I have questions.

Hi Tennantlim,

Thanks for your advice too, and are you in the local garrison?

Hi Arkady,

I'll look at your message and thanks.

Andrew

Are there any recommended vendors for the ROTJ shin tools, boots and jetpack?

MOW boots are too big for me, and the shin tools from Bobamaker seem expensive.

Andrew

Last edited:
For a jetpack you can contact Wasted Fett, Man O War, or Darth Voorhees. Most of the found parts for the shin tools can still be bought for pretty cheap if you want to make them yourself. For ROTJ you'd only really need the Patterson print squeegee since the anti security blade is made from the cut off portion of the print squeegee.

Hi,

For the ROTJ Boba Fett hip pouches, are they of one standard size for approval (e.g. like the ones made by Arkady)?

As I'm of small build, I'm concerned that it may look too big on me and rejected for approval?

Thanks.

Andrew

Good luck man. I'm only 5'6" so I understand working within these limitations. Highly recommend the GMH helmet for smaller people.

Also RKD V3 armor. He has different versions for different size people.

Be aware that jetpack size does vary. I'm using a MOW jetpack and it seems ok size on my back. But others might be too big. Other members know better.

Hi Gablesz,

Thanks for your reply.

I've already contacted Skyfire for the GMH bucket, and still waiting for RKD's reply on the V3 armors. Seems like he's really busy....

As for the Jetpack, I was recommended NME Props as it's the smallest available. Are your Hip Pouches the standard size one or modified?

Cheers

Andrew

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back