ezzyk

New Hunter
Hey all! I'm new to the whole Star Wars costuming biz, so go easy on me haha. My name is Ezran, I'm 16, and really interested in making a custom mandalorian costume right now.

Definitely new to all of this, so my builds are fairly rudimentary. I believe I managed to link some pics below. Excuse the messy desk, it's a work in progress.

Currently need recommendations for what clothing to wear underneath the cardboard/foam armor pieces I am making. Probably just going to go with some basic dark cargo pants, baggy dark shirt, and simple boots, but totally open to suggestions! I'm really interested in how I can get better at all of this, so any constructive criticism is highly welcomed.

Pics! Currently I plan on painting the rest of the chest-plate black, it is a weird silver that I don't actually like much. Also gonna add some wear and tear to all of it, need recommendations on how to do that!
IMG_2135.jpg
IMG_2136.jpg
IMG_2137.jpg
IMG_2138.jpg

Alright, thank you everyone! Will keep y'all updates on progress.

Hey all! I'm new to the whole Star Wars costuming biz, so go easy on me haha. My name is Ezran, I'm 16, and really interested in making a custom mandalorian costume right now.

Definitely new to all of this, so my builds are fairly rudimentary. I believe I managed to link some pics below. Excuse the messy desk, it's a work in progress.

Currently need recommendations for what clothing to wear underneath the cardboard/foam armor pieces I am making. Probably just going to go with some basic dark cargo pants, baggy dark shirt, and simple boots, but totally open to suggestions! I'm really interested in how I can get better at all of this, so any constructive criticism is highly welcomed.

Pics! Currently I plan on painting the rest of the chest-plate black, it is a weird silver that I don't actually like much. Also gonna add some wear and tear to all of it, need recommendations on how to do that!
View attachment 231740View attachment 231741View attachment 231742View attachment 231743

Alright, thank you everyone! Will keep y'all updates on progress.
Welcome Ezran. It looks like you have a creative build going. I believe you would get a lot more engagement/help over on the RPF forums with this type of build located at RPF Costume and Prop Maker Community As far as my advice on clothing, there are several vendors who make flight suits. However, if you're looking to scratch build most of it, any mechanics coveralls with removable logos are a good start, and they come in several different colors. Depending on what your goals are for the costume, I'd recommend some putty/bondo applied to the cardboard and a lot of sanding to make it appear smooth like metal armor, then painting it up. I'm no expert in the cardboard field though. My brother and I made custom Mandalorian costumes out of totes when I was about your age. We used a hair dryer to form the armor and the sink to cool it once we had it where we wanted it. I'd still say the RPF forums are your best bet. A lot of custom stuff being built over there. Good luck in whatever you decide!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back