Help! Broken foam EE-3

MinuteFett

Active Hunter
hey everyone,

So I received in the mail my ee-3 but it was broken in two pieces! Anyone have any good ideas as to how I can glue these back together permenantly? I’m thinking stick a piece of metal in the metal between both foam pieces and epoxy to hold them together.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 235
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 232
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 243
Dang, I'm wondering if a metal rod to connect both pieces, some epoxy to connect and hope that holds. Sorry about the damage!

In case anyone else has ever run into this issue,
foam_cure@2x.jpg

Specifically designed for foam. Used primarily to make repairs on rc planes (like gluing on broken wings and such).

Update,

Sorry WhiteShadow , couldn't resist trying to fix it and since I'm not working today and decided to try and fix it using that glue.

-I used two 1/8 metal rods to make holes in the foam and then filled them with epoxy, using the foam cure on the actual foam.

-Let it cure for about 7 hours and voila! She's fixed! Ill let it cure for another day or so and surround the edges with epoxy and then hit it with the airbrush. Will update more once I get that done.

IMG_4410.jpg IMG_4646.jpg IMG_8508.jpg IMG_9011.jpg IMG_5986.jpg

Update,

Sorry WhiteShadow , couldn't resist trying to fix it and since I'm not working today and decided to try and fix it using that glue.

-I used two 1/8 metal rods to make holes in the foam and then filled them with epoxy, using the foam cure on the actual foam.

-Let it cure for about 7 hours and voila! She's fixed! Ill let it cure for another day or so and surround the edges with epoxy and then hit it with the airbrush. Will update more once I get that done.

View attachment 171398 View attachment 171399 View attachment 171400 View attachment 171401 View attachment 171402
Totally cool. I'm the same way... Never can just leave something broken if I know I can fix it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back