Hawk_Fett_ ESB Build

HawkFett

Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Edit to original beginning post. I completed this build and was approved by the 501st Legion on May 1st. Which also happens to be 501st Legion day. This build took me 3 years and 6 months and I learned a lot. I am still learning a lot from the best Fetts in the galaxy. This thread chronicles the beginning of my build to the end and every mistak in between. I replaced and repainted everything that I started with. If you are reading this thread and want to build a Fett, go the extra mile at the beginning and buy the good stuff. You will have spent too much time on it to give it anything less than a quality helmet and set of armor. That was my biggest regret starting this build. I have compiled a list of vendors that helped complete my build. This build was assembled and painted by me, but I had a ton of guidance from this community. I can't emphasize enough to reach out and ask questions if you have them. This is a great community to lean on.

Vendor/Parts List

Helmet: Viva Fett Fugly (Instagram)
Helmet Ear dry rub transfers: superjedi (On Instagram)
Visor T-Visor.com (Out of business)
Fans: Henry's Helmet Fans/Amazon power cell
Armor: Viva Fett (Instagram)
Armor Stencils/Paint Coach: Jurassic_Fett
Jetpack: Viva Fett (Instagram)
Jetpack light kit: Jc27
Jetpack harness: Bigdane
Wookie Braids: JojoFett95
Cape: JojoFett95
Gloves: Clothears
EE-3: 3D printed by @woodtecharmory (Instagram)
EE-3 Leather Sling: ConvergenceProp
Belt: woodman
Nemrod Holster: Cargo hold/Actual production Nemrod Holster
Pulce 40 Blaster: Wasted Fett
Flighsuit and Flak Vest: Arkady
Boots/Spikes: Sparrow Fett (Instagram)

Starting my rattle can ESB build thread here. I've been working at this since around December 2020. I have been a Star Wars fan most all of my life. Boba Fett has always been my favorite. I never gravitated towards the good guys. I've always been that way ha. Boba Fett to me was awesome. And a very under used character to have so much detail put into him. But maybe that's just it. The little that we saw was enough to draw us in forever. This build isn't all for me. Although, selfishly I love the OG Star Wars, my main intent is to use it to tour children's hospitals. There is a St. Jude near my station in Memphis that I want to visit in full Boba Fett dress. That is the vision. I'm sure I will use it other times as well, but I want to do charity work with it. I feel like I don't do enough in that regard. And this will be my vessel. Thanks for following along Fetts. Comments and critiques are welcomed.

Last edited:
Here is the start of my Rattle Can ESB Wasted Fett Fugly made by Viva Fett, paint up using Rafal Fetts stencils and Superjedis tracing method. I traced the first layer and eyeballed the rest based on the scale of the first layer. It was suggested to me to give it an acetone bath and a bubble bath. This is valuable info as the paint may not adhere if not prepped properly. Trimming was done carefully with a Dremel as suggested by the legend BudaFett. :) All imperfections in the cast were filled with spot putty from an auto parts store also suggested by Buda which worked perfectly. It comes in a tube, not the big can like you would use for bigger sections on 3D armor. I left the bridge between the visor as it was also suggested to keep the shape and to avoid warping of any kind in the visor area. I just wanted to provide this info because this is my first cast helmet paint job and I didn't know any of this before starting.

Attachments

• WF2.jpg
    WF2.jpg
    616.7 KB · Views: 142
  • WF1.jpg
    WF1.jpg
    904.2 KB · Views: 140
  • WFSOAP.jpg
    WFSOAP.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 144
  • WF3.jpg
    WF3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 137
  • WF4.jpg
    WF4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 131
  • WF5.jpg
    WF5.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Reference shot of the 3D printed helmet I painted before I knew you could trace the stencils onto the helmet next to my WF Fugly.

Attachments

• WFNEW&3DOLD.jpg
    WFNEW&3DOLD.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 143
Layer 1 concrete Stencil/Masking

Attachments

• WF8.jpg
    WF8.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 115
  • WF9.jpg
    WF9.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Layer 1 Concrete masking

Attachments

• WF11.jpg
    WF11.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 112
  • WF10.jpg
    WF10.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Layer 2 Reefer Primer Grey painting

Attachments

• WF13.jpg
    WF13.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 104
  • WF12.jpg
    WF12.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Layer 2 Reefer Primer Grey masking

Attachments

• WF15.jpg
    WF15.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 107
  • WF14.jpg
    WF14.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 112
  • WF16.jpg
    WF16.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 113
Gauntlets aren't in the right place in the pic. Took out my armor for Matte coat and really lightened it up. I was afraid it was too dark. Not anymore. Very pleased with it so far. Took a much needed break from the helmet. The picture with the gauntlets was before the weathering of the chest armor. The other pic without the gauntlets is after. Mythosaur and Fett family crest are all level two painted. No stickers.

Attachments

• ARMOR.jpg
    ARMOR.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 217
  • 20220508_102001.jpg
    20220508_102001.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Bright silver/chrome aluminum layer 3 paint

Attachments

• WFBESKAR2.jpg
    WFBESKAR2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 95
  • WFBESKAR.jpg
    WFBESKAR.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 99
Gauntlets aren't in the right place in the pic. Took out my armor for Matte coat and really lightened it up. I was afraid it was too dark. Not anymore. Very pleased with it so far. Took a much needed break from the helmet. The picture with the gauntlets was before the weathering of the chest armor. The other pic without the gauntlets is after. Mythosaur and Fett family crest are all level two painted. No stickers.

what is going on with the shoulder armor??? is that supposed to be weathering on them?
there is a set of esb armor for sale here, check that out, the weathering should look more like that

what is going on with the shoulder armor??? is that supposed to be weathering on them?
there is a set of esb armor for sale here, check that out, the weathering should look more like that
Are these not accurate ESB stencils? They show as accurate and uploaded by RafalFett This is what I referenced. I still need to weather/blend more, but these are in the files as references. I'd appreciate some input.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220510-202656_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510-202656_Drive.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot_20220510-202702_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510-202702_Drive.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_20220510-202724_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510-202724_Samsung Internet.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Are these not accurate ESB stencils? They show as accurate and uploaded by RafalFett This is what I referenced. I still need to weather/blend more, but these are in the files as references. I'd appreciate some input.

This is a digital interpretation with the appearance of a graphic design. It's accurate as far where to put the damage and weathering patterns. But it should not literally look like that. For reference, it's always better to use the source material.

That is unfortunate. I guess I will attempt to fix it. Definitely don't want to do these over again completely if I can avoid it. Appreciate the feedback. I did an incomplete test fit to see how the armor looked/attached and from 10 feet away where my camera was it looks the part. I can see what you mean though. Man. If I had a nickel for everything I've have to redo ha. I want it to be right though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220510-215610_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510-215610_Facebook.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 150
That is unfortunate. I guess I will attempt to fix it. Definitely don't want to do these over again completely if I can avoid it. Appreciate the feedback. I did an incomplete test fit to see how the armor looked/attached and from 10 feet away where my camera was it looks the part. I can see what you mean though. Man. If I had a nickel for everything I've have to redo ha. I want it to be right though.

Your plates came out good, but go ahead and redo the shoulders, it's not a big deal, you'll be glad you did! Believe me, I re-did my ESB and ROTJ armor, 3 times, was always happier each time! We all go through it, keep chugging along!

Your plates came out good, but go ahead and redo the shoulders, it's not a big deal, you'll be glad you did! Believe me, I re-did my ESB and ROTJ armor, 3 times, was always happier each time! We all go through it, keep chugging along!
Thanks! And also thanks for commenting and helping me out. I was hoping to get some critiques. Glad I started this thread. I definitely want my build to be a real representation of Fett. I'll get to work on it and upload when I can. Thanks Alpha

Yeah, as AlphaCloneFett said, the stencils are a graphical representation of the original paint scheme and you (and anyone else) should always use the original as reference when painting. Here are the stencils compared to the original shoulder bells:

Yeah, as AlphaCloneFett said, the stencils are a graphical representation of the original paint scheme and you (and anyone else) should always use the original as reference when painting. Here are the stencils compared to the original shoulder bells:
View attachment 223254
Thanks Rafal,

Breaks my heart but I understand it. I went straight from the helmet stencils to the armor stencils so I referenced them just like I did the helmet. Still seems like there's more damage in the original shot and your stencils than what I'm seeing on some armor these days. Either way, I will get it corrected! Glad you reached out to clarify. It will be much less work to do it like the shoulders I see out there than what I did I know that lol. Thanks again

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back