Gauntlet Lights?

Furious

Active Hunter
ok I'll admit. I am an idiot when it comes to things like this(electronics). I picked up this light and switch at Radio Shack. Can someone tell me if this looks to be ok? And how do I connect this to a power supply? Can any battery work or does it have to be specific. I just kinda need some direction on how to get the light to work with the switch. Is one of those 3 things on the swicth for "ground"? Thanks guys!
light.jpg

OK, I'm not an electronics expert, but I think this is the way it should work. :facepalm

I can't remember if you need a resistor in the circuit for an LED. . .

Someone please tell me if I'm way off here!

lights.jpg

If that's the one I bought, it's not an LED, it's a small lamp and isn't very bright. I don't think you'd need a resistor for it if you're going with a 9v.
I believe this is how you'd do it.

lights.jpg

Also, as I was saying, that lamp isn't very bright (if its the one I think it is). I cut off the bottom of the red plastic casing and pulled out the lamp. Then I inserted a bright led into the casing and glued it up. Looks alot better. here's a pic.

DSC01368.JPG

You know, I think you should go with Digital509's diagram and not mine. I believe that is correct.
I wish I knew more about this magical "electricity". . . :p

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back