Gauntlet Kit

Well, I'd LOVE a pair of FP's, but he's been a little hard to get ahold of, so I figured I had either bothered him one time too many, or he's swamped. Or both.

I'm afraid my old set is going to fall apart any day now...

That is E-bay set is waaaaaaaaaay off. I'm not even sure where to begin. However, they may be OK for someone who can overlook the accuracy factor or need a set of something ASAP.

I think with some modifications, they could pass off as decent Jango gauntlets. I emailed RA however and am waiting to hear back...

Foxbatkllr wrote:

Yeah those look great, BF, but what if you want a Jango gaunt kit and need them in a few weeks?
I know where you're coming from. With the exception of my ammo belt from Toby and rangefinder stalks from RA, I have yet to get anything in a few weeks. Even if you got your gauntlet kit tomorrow, it will take a few weeks to finish them, unless you put in some marathon sessions, but I personally don't like rushing any of the armor pieces.

Good luck.

Well, I need it done by SD Comic-Con and I'm willing to put in a couple of marathon sessions to have it done. Since it is for a custom (for now...then after the Con will become part of a Jango) I don't need total accuracy. I was counting on someone but I have lost contact with him and now it seems I'm stuck.

Had to chime in here... I'm looking at a pair of these resin guants now and must say that they are pretty nice. I believe the maker is marketing them as an 'all inclusive' set. they have the appropriate items for any version you wish - of course the calc pad has to be cut off or an ESB flame units has to be made. I really hate the fact that they are resin. ALthough clean they seem terribly useless for any serious costuming. I used them to vac over for size increase and something more durable. The vaced pieces came out very clean but I'll eventually sculpt and cast my own sculpted versions but I needed a quick fix.

Here are my gauntlets in kit form and a finished set. PM me for details.
gauntletkit.png

newsculptebay.png

hi guys

just to let you know recently got my gauntlets from Ruffkintoy and started to trim & paint this gaunt kit over this weekend.

All the resin parts are excellent and need minor sanding and filling, this is a good kit and ill post some pics soon of my progress.

cheers

neil
uk-scout
starwars20.ico
TB7290
www.uk-scout.co.uk
ukbikerscout@hotmail.com
ukscout-webbanner.jpg

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back