Gauntlet attachment methods

Maybe the way that I did our gauntlets will give you some ideas for yours.

I used six sets of magnets from Lowes big box store epoxied and reinforced with fiberglas (probably overkill) to aline,by offsetting with the seam, and hold top to bottom.
Another nice thing about the magnets is that their weight lowers the center of gravity on the top heavy gauntlets. Some soft hinges were used to help in suiting up and
just in case the gauntlets did open. Wrist straps (the red ones) really keep them upright and solid. They can't fall off even if they did come apart. Hope this helps some.

View attachment 161563 View attachment 161564 View attachment 161565

They are straps that came from a outdoor company called REI. They are 3/4" wide and were about 15"-18" long to use when hiking or backpacking to hold a variety of things together.
I simply cut and sewed them back together to make them short and adjustable inside the gauntlet. The velcro simply goes through the plastic loop and hooks back on itself.
Seeing as how your wrist is rectangular in cross section it makes it hard for the gauntlet to rotate around your arm when adjusted to fit. There are probably other places on
line that make similar straps for sporting or outdoor use. They really work well for us. Hope this helps.

They are straps that came from a outdoor company called REI. They are 3/4" wide and were about 15"-18" long to use when hiking or backpacking to hold a variety of things together.
I simply cut and sewed them back together to make them short and adjustable inside the gauntlet. The velcro simply goes through the plastic loop and hooks back on itself.
Seeing as how your wrist is rectangular in cross section it makes it hard for the gauntlet to rotate around your arm when adjusted to fit. There are probably other places on
line that make similar straps for sporting or outdoor use. They really work well for us. Hope this helps.
Oh ok, that's should work. Ima jump on Amazon, I'm sure I'll find those if not something very similar thanks man.

Suit looks dope!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back