Foam padding material

Blaster Freak

New Hunter
Although this is good for various uses, I thought this stuff might be a good alternative to sourcing the Riddell helmets to pull out the padding in those for Fett buckets. I haven't used this in any helmets yet, just in TK forearms (works great!) but will probably try it in a helmet shortly. So, if you prefer foam to a hard hat liner this might be useful.

Anyhow, it's a cheapo exercise mat (cost $20 at Canadian Tire) that is sort of like a "ribbed" high density foam...the ribbing is nice for contouring to something with a shape to it. One side is the exposed foam and the other is a thin tough nylon-cloth type of material (don't know exactly how to describe it). Hopefully you can figure it out from the photos. I wasn't sure if the layers would stay together when cut, but they do!

LG_Mat1.jpg

LG_Mat2.jpg
LG_Mat3.jpg

TK_forearm.jpg

You got an exercise mat at a tire store? Hmm, that's usually not the first place I check for my athletic supplies. I'm guessing I'm missing some cross-border knowledge here. :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back