First paint up questions???

Mandont

New Hunter
Hey guys/girls.
I'm quite sure you've heard all the questions I'm going to ask before but I have been going through the forum trying to find answers and I keep going around in circles. So if you can help I would be most appreciated.
My first question is
After deciding on using humbrol colour system and finding the paint by numbers approach which was most informative I noticed humbrol have discontinued some of the colours. Is there replacements or should I go with a different paint system e.g tamyia/vallejo/mig.
I chose humbrol because I assumed that esb boba would've been painted using this system.

My second question is regarding stencil sizing.
I decided to use Rafalfett esb stencils as they seemed perfect the only problem is they come up a little short on my helmet. What I'm asking is how would I adjust the size? Would it be a case of using photoshop to adjust the templates?

My third question is. What colour was the inside of the screen used helmet? I've seen people use black and white.

Like I said I'm sure you've heard all this before so sorry for being boring.

Hi Mandont,
I'll try to answer your questions:
1) the original helmet, and many other props from SW, was painted with Floquil enamels. They've long been discontinued. However there's a company called Archive X in England that makes a whole series of colors that replicate the Floquil line. You can look into those.
2) Yes, sometimes the templates won't fit exactly to the helmet. You can use Photoshop to resize them to fit. You may have to stretch or compress them vertically or horizontally, or both, depending on what portion of the helmet you're working on.
3) the screen used helmet has a medium/dark blue gray interior. Not sure if there are any interior shots in the media galleries or not.

Hope that helps. (y)

Hi Mandont,
1) the original helmet, and many other props from SW, was painted with Floquil enamels. They've long been discontinued. However there's a company called Archive X in England that makes a whole series of colors that replicate the Floquil line. You can look into those.
2) Yes, sometimes the templates won't fit exactly to the helmet. You can use Photoshop to resize them to fit. You may have to stretch or compress them vertically or horizontally, or both, depending on what portion of the helmet you're working on.
3) the screen used helmet has a medium/dark blue gray interior. Not sure if there are any interior shots in the media galleries or not.

Hope that helps. (y)
Hi Mandont,

Hope that helps. (y)
Paints on there way. Thanks again.

Hi Mandont,

Hope that helps. (y)

I would say it is a dark blue interior with oversprayed primer on the inside of the back panels :D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back