FIELDMARSHAL EE3 ALUMINUM CNC PROJECT

It should be noted that the seller of this auction would only accept Paypal and had NO feedback rating at the time (NR). If the seller had decided to run with your money, you would have been SOL because Paypal specifically states that "prohibited" items are not covered under their fraud guarantee. Quite the risk!
DarthWilder - Firearms are prohibited by PayPal, but "Flare Guns" are classified as "signalling devices" not firearms.

Besides the above, by using your credit card with PayPal with you always have the option of disputing it with them and having a "charge back" credited to your account. I've had problems with a couple of PayPal disputes in the past and had to do just that. - It was surprisingly easy.

DarthWilder - Firearms are prohibited by PayPal, but "Flare Guns" are classified as "signalling devices" not firearms.

Besides the above, by using your credit card with PayPal with you always have the option of disputing it with them and having a "charge back" credited to your account. I've had problems with a couple of PayPal disputes in the past and had to do just that. - It was surprisingly easy.
Sorry, but you are incorrect... one cannot list a flare gun on eBay. It is definitely a prohibited item. My own auction for a flare gun was removed, and I was warned by eBay to not try to relist, or that I would be banned. I contacted CS to tell them that it was not a firearm, but the rep said that eBay considers flare guns to be prohibited items. Don't believe me? Then try to list a flare gun and see. I've watched many flare gun auctions get removed from eBay for violating the prohibited items list. (Btw, eBay = Paypal)

I'm glad you got your money back, but you should read the full Paypal terms of service. In particular:

10.8 Acceptable Use Policy Violation - User Fines. If you violate the Acceptable Use Policy then we may hold your funds up to 180 Days, fine you up to $2,500.00 USD for each such violation and/or take legal action against you to recover additional losses we incur. You acknowledge and agree that a fine up to $2,500.00 USD is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal's damages, considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated and the anticipation that proof of actual damages may be impractical or extremely difficult. PayPal may deduct such fines directly from any existing Balance in the offending Account, or any other PayPal Account you control.

Btw, that's not to say that some flare guns do sneak through the system, especially the ones with creative writing calling them a "prop", "replica", etc.

***EDIT: wrote "eBay" instead of "Paypal"

Last edited:
Dang if I could buy a real webley for 1,200 I’d take 2. Haha! AirMarshall keep up the great work !
Not to ruin the fun above but I just wanted to say that I found some rings that I believe are close to what you pictured above. I made a post in my build thread about them.

Fettology Aluminum EE-3 Build

They are 5/8” jump rings that are pre bent for application. A pair of pliers will easily bend them into place after install. The dimensions were 0.77” on the outside and 0.55” on the inside. Pretty close to what you posted about. I ordered them from The Buckle Guy and you can find the link on my post if your interested

View attachment 205070
I include these now ,,, thanks for finding these

replica scope kit and steel formed clamps....
001(73).jpg
001(221).jpg
001(72).jpg
001(221).jpg

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back