FIELDMARSHAL EE3 ALUMINUM CNC PROJECT

I'd love one of these, but it's not listed on the WarMachinePaintball website.

I guess, going by other items, the price of this is going to be $800-$1000 USD.??

I used to like the RPF projects where parts were sold separately and you'd buy them as the project went along. It allowed you to spread the cost out over months, so it didn't sting you all at once.
I still do that ....

IMG_6050.jpg

They are pricey, but aren’t genuine Webleys quite rare? Also from what I can tell this replica is nearly identical to the real thing while weighing a fraction, making it more practical for a human or mannequin to carry.

And why comment on someones project thread to say their pricing is “strange” when an original Webley is also out of your price range?
JangoFett jr. - Yes they're reasonably rare, but they come up from time to time if you're patient - hence the $1200 price tag at firearm auctions. (Only someone who has more money than patience would buy one from a prop forum).

The second part of your reply, concerning price, speaks for itself. Think about why I would be inquiring about the price of a replica ... Think about the usual prices of replicas vs real items. Now you have your answer.

FieldMarshall/War-Machine-Paintball makes very accurate stuff that is very nicely machined, but make no mistake these "Project Threads" are a form of advertising with the intention of selling them. He's running a business for the purpose of making money - and good luck to him for doing so. He can set whatever price he wants for the items he makes, but I am free to display my "sticker shock" as a consumer.

I know what it's like to run a business / work in 3D modelling / research props / price products etc...
Before I got sick I used to run my own small business. My very first commercial project was to create a piece of software, a plugin for a limited version of widely used suite of 3D software (Lightwave 3D/Inspire 3D) which I spent many days per week using. The limited version was cheaper, but was drastically crippled. My plugin added back the missing functionality to the 3D modelling package. I wrote it myself, but paid to have 2 developers port the source code & compile the code for Mac and DEC Alpha platforms. I also found a CD manufacturer and had them press a coupleof thousand copies, plus print the glossy cardboard full-color CD sleeves (which I created artwork to fit their dimensions). I was living in the UK at the time and reached out to a major reseller/partner of the 3D software in the US and struck a deal with them for exclusive distribution rights and had to deal with Customs & Excise exports when making shipments to them.

I was also the sole person who spent well over a hundred hours researching the Mate-n-Lok connectors on the ESB EE-3, scouring electronics supplier catalogs and doing photogrammetry work in Photoshop, before finding the exact model of connector used. The connectors were only in stock from an electronics supply company in Italy, who needed a formal purchase order and money to wired internationally to their bank. I also had to deal with import duties, find a way to dye the natural colored nylon blocks black (to a depth of approx. 0.2mm). I offered a set of 4x for a very reasonable price of $20 on here & theRPF and sold all 98 sets (keeping 2 for myself). The profit was about $8 per set. Considering their lack of availability and hassle I had to go through to get them I could've charged double that, but I knew that I could either charge a lot and sell just a few, or charge a little and sell them all .... I chose to sell them all. When I listed them I made the details of my discovery public knowledge - in essence giving away the over one hundred hours of work I did for free to my fellow prop-builders. (I don't like people keeping prop secrets from the rest of their community).

I'm now a hobby machinist, but lack a lathe or CNC on my mill - which would automate the machining process and only require manual intervention when setting-up the piece (or changing bits on the smaller CNC's).

I explain all this to show that yes, I do know what it's like to run a business, to price a product, to jump through the hoops necessary to get to manufacture. I also have knowledge of metal working and have a good amount of experience in 3D modelling. So I'm not oblivious to what FieldMarshall is doing - In fact I know more about that entire group of relevant skills than most people here. I know the process(es), its frustrations and rewards. I also understand the principle of high-price vs high-volume.

I'm not irresponsible enough to slap an $1100 purchase like this on a credit card, only to end up paying 15% - 25% (APR) in interest for many months ahead (plus pay interest on the interest).

But, what do I know? ...Maybe I'm just miserable because I'm in pain.?
Our water heater finally **** the bed 9 days ago and I'm having to fix it myself, despite having disabilities, because we couldn't afford $1500 to pay someone else to do the repairs. I'm replacing the water heater / rewire it back to the panel / replace rotten stud framing / repair the drywall all by myself (despite being crippled with an inoperable ruptured disc & CFS/ME & 30% nerve damage) ... but the upside is we only end up paying $600.

Last edited:
JangoFett jr. - Yes they're reasonably rare, but they come up from time to time if you're patient - hence the $1200 price tag at firearm auctions. (Only someone who has more money than patience would buy one from a prop forum).

The second part of your reply, concerning price, speaks for itself. Think about why I would be inquiring about the price of a replica ... Think about the usual prices of replicas vs real items. Now you have your answer.

FieldMarshall/War-Machine-Paintball makes very accurate stuff that is very nicely machined, but make no mistake these "Project Threads" are a form of advertising with the intention of selling them. He's running a business for the purpose of making money - and good luck to him for doing so. He can set whatever price he wants for the items he makes, but I am free to display my "sticker shock" as a consumer.

I know what it's like to run a business / work in 3D modelling / research props / price products etc...
Before I got sick I used to run my own small business. My very first commercial project was to create a piece of software, a plugin for a limited version of widely used suite of 3D software (Lightwave 3D/Inspire 3D) which I spent many days per week using. The limited version was cheaper, but was drastically crippled. My plugin added back the missing functionality to the 3D modelling package. I wrote it myself, but paid to have 2 developers port the source code & compile the code for Mac and DEC Alpha platforms. I also found a CD manufacturer and had them press a coupleof thousand copies, plus print the glossy cardboard full-color CD sleeves (which I created artwork to fit their dimensions). I was living in the UK at the time and reached out to a major reseller/partner of the 3D software in the US and struck a deal with them for exclusive distribution rights and had to deal with Customs & Excise exports when making shipments to them.

I was also the sole person who spent well over a hundred hours researching the Mate-n-Lok connectors on the ESB EE-3, scouring electronics supplier catalogs and doing photogrammetry work in Photoshop, before finding the exact model of connector used. The connectors were only in stock from an electronics supply company in Italy, who needed a formal purchase order and money to wired internationally to their bank. I also had to deal with import duties, find a way to dye the natural colored nylon blocks black (to a depth of approx. 0.2mm). I offered a set of 4x for a very reasonable price of $20 on here & theRPF and sold all 98 sets (keeping 2 for myself). The profit was about $8 per set. Considering their lack of availability and hassle I had to go through to get them I could've charged double that, but I knew that I could either charge a lot and sell just a few, or charge a little and sell them all .... I chose to sell them all. When I listed them I made the details of my discovery public knowledge - in essence giving away the over one hundred hours of work I did for free to my fellow prop-builders. (I don't like people keeping prop secrets from the rest of their community).

I'm now a hobby machinist, but lack a lathe or CNC on my mill - which would automate the machining process and only require manual intervention when setting-up the piece (or changing bits on the smaller CNC's).

I explain all this to show that yes, I do know what it's like to run a business, to price a product, to jump through the hoops necessary to get to manufacture. I also have knowledge of metal working and have a good amount of experience in 3D modelling. So I'm not oblivious to what FieldMarshall is doing - In fact I know more about that entire group of relevant skills than most people here. I know the process(es), its frustrations and rewards. I also understand the principle of high-price vs high-volume.

I'm not irresponsible enough to slap an $1100 purchase like this on a credit card, only to end up paying 15% - 25% (APR) in interest for many months ahead (plus pay interest on the interest).

But, what do I know? ...Maybe I'm just miserable because I'm in pain.?
Our water heater finally **** the bed 9 days ago and I'm having to fix it myself, despite having disabilities, because we couldn't afford $1500 to pay someone else to do the repairs. I'm replacing the water heater / rewire it back to the panel / replace rotten stud framing / repair the drywall all by myself (despite being crippled with an inoperable ruptured disc & CFS/ME & 30% nerve damage) ... but the upside is we only end up paying $600.
fuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh DAMN You have written a novel to explain how my stuff is over priced and you can buy a webley for 1200 bucks?????????????????????????????
I dont what is worse this very nice way of saying I should stop making good stuff and let all the crap 3d printed hack jobs take over completely??
Ill buy all the 1200 $ webley you can find me .. thats prices from 20 years ago!!!! no gun auction or owner is that stupid nowadays... Holy HOLY you finding parts for the community and giving them away .. How very noble of you .........

If this was my business this kit should have sold for over 2000$$ !!!!! See what a MR kit costs) this tooling and engineering alone was over 100,000 $$$$$ I do this for fun and as a side hobby... Like all the kits i do in metal!!! The real tragedy is having to by some hack prop and spends weeks sanding and painting try to make it look screen accurate ... Which is the ultimate goal i believe.. Thats why i ,, whenever humanly or inhumanly possible I laser scan REAL vintage parts so the builder that do find value in my PRODUCTS get something worth paying FOR!!!!!You say you know the pain of running a business,,,

I seriously doubt you have ever build of put anything into production at this level of detail or you would not have wrote such a vulgar ,MEAN post about what i do !!!!!

What are those modeling programs your using are for 3d printing? Before you slam me and tell me how great you are ,,, step up to bat and buy mastercam , autocad , and 2 million in cnc equipment for your hobby ... then you can tell me about manufacturing ! I HAVE ZERO IDEA WHAT CONTRIBUTIONS YOU HAVE DONE FOR THE PROP/REPLICA BUILDERS OF THE WORLD BUT POSTING THIS ******** ON MY BUILD PAGE IS REALLY RUDE ...

MY GOAL IS TO GIVE THE BUILDER THE BEST QUALITY PROP REPLICA MONEY CAN BUY. I MAKE NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT I DO AND GOOD STUFF WILL NEVER BE AS INEXPENSIVE AS DOING IT CHEAP OR TAKING SHORT CUTS !!!
Ive seen other alum kits on in this site made by another company sell for 1500 plus so i think i have done a wonderful job bringing this kit/ replica into the world at almost half that cost ...

To my friends and builders that follow my post on FB, whitearmor, rpf ect.... i will always put my talents to these goals im never making cheap crap. There is plenty of that in our community now.
What the last prop you made for the community? I saw a very serious shortage of good ee3 parts for the rotj and esb.. 3d copies of copies printed is not in my humble opinion preserving the continuity of the original parts ....

Thank GOD your to smart to use a credit card with 25 apr to buy something fun that will last.................... (my advice is to find a cc that doesn't have 25 apr)

GOT A GREAT IDEA FOR YOU ! IF YOU DONT HAVE NICE , GOOD, CONSTUCTIVE THINGS TO DISCUSS THEN STOP FOLLOWING MY BUILDS... IM NEVER DOING WHATEVER YOU THINK ANYWAY

***** To my friends and builders that follow my post on Dented helmetFB, whitearmor, rpf ect.... i will always put my talents to these goals im never making cheap crap. There is plenty of that in our community now. If I FAIL then i want my fellow prop builders to help me do better ,, if you need help with anything that im involved in then always ask ....

Last edited:
Back to more good finds............. working to get the rest of the rotj stock greeblies done... I found one, anyone know where the second one is ?
001(5).jpg
001(84).jpg
001(85).jpg

Here is some ref for the sling rings.... if anyone finds a great source for the ring let me know.

001(34).jpg
001(33).jpg
001(32).jpg
001(86).jpg

Notice the ring diameters are diff, these have been smashed or deformed over time. i think they were 3/4 of a inch (.750)

Just reassembled after a first pass of Aluminum Black. Still have to do some touch-up but I’m quite pleased with how it’s coming together. Stock is stained with Miniwax "Special Walnut". Huge props to Airmarshal for an amazing kit!

Full build thread coming soon once some parts come in the mail...

Attachments

• 990D32E9-4EBF-446E-8F59-E43FC6E1C89C.jpeg
    990D32E9-4EBF-446E-8F59-E43FC6E1C89C.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Here is some ref for the sling rings.... if anyone finds a great source for the ring let me know.

View attachment 204407View attachment 204408View attachment 204409View attachment 204410
Notice the ring diameters are diff, these have been smashed or deformed over time. i think they were 3/4 of a inch (.750)
These look like they will work:
Bluemoon 50 Pcs - 19mm 3/4" Metal O-rings Rings Non Welded

Rather than order 50 of them I ordered a variety pack that includes ten of the 19mm rings:
Swpeet 50 Pcs Gun Black Assorted Multi-Purpose Metal O Rings for Belts Hardware Bags Ring Hand DIY Accessories - 1/2 Inch, 5/8 Inch, 3/4 Inch, 1 Inch, 1-1/4 Inch

Last edited:
I wana say I think I got some a while back at Tandy Leather Co. The size isn’t listed on the website but I’m almost positive I got them there. Black plated non welded heavy duty rings.

GREAT WORK!!!!! ill get these
Dang if I could buy a real webley for 1,200 I’d take 2. Haha! AirMarshall keep up the great work !
No doubt !!!!! there would have be not use and doing them if the vintage stuff was cheap and plenty of it LOL ... thanks guys!

fuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh DAMN You have written a novel to explain how my stuff is over priced and you can buy a webley for 1200 bucks?????????????????????????????
I dont what is worse this very nice way of saying I should stop making good stuff and let all the crap 3d printed hack jobs take over completely??
Ill buy all the 1200 $ webley you can find me .. thats prices from 20 years ago!!!! no gun auction or owner is that stupid nowadays... Holy HOLY you finding parts for the community and giving them away .. How very noble of you .........

If this was my business this kit should have sold for over 2000$$ !!!!! See what a MR kit costs) this tooling and engineering alone was over 100,000 $$$$$ I do this for fun and as a side hobby... Like all the kits i do in metal!!! The real tragedy is having to by some hack prop and spends weeks sanding and painting try to make it look screen accurate ... Which is the ultimate goal i believe.. Thats why i ,, whenever humanly or inhumanly possible I laser scan REAL vintage parts so the builder that do find value in my PRODUCTS get something worth paying FOR!!!!!You say you know the pain of running a business,,,

I seriously doubt you have ever build of put anything into production at this level of detail or you would not have wrote such a vulgar ,MEAN post about what i do !!!!!

What are those modeling programs your using are for 3d printing? Before you slam me and tell me how great you are ,,, step up to bat and buy mastercam , autocad , and 2 million in cnc equipment for your hobby ... then you can tell me about manufacturing ! I HAVE ZERO IDEA WHAT CONTRIBUTIONS YOU HAVE DONE FOR THE PROP/REPLICA BUILDERS OF THE WORLD BUT POSTING THIS ******** ON MY BUILD PAGE IS REALLY RUDE ...

MY GOAL IS TO GIVE THE BUILDER THE BEST QUALITY PROP REPLICA MONEY CAN BUY. I MAKE NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT I DO AND GOOD STUFF WILL NEVER BE AS INEXPENSIVE AS DOING IT CHEAP OR TAKING SHORT CUTS !!!
Ive seen other alum kits on in this site made by another company sell for 1500 plus so i think i have done a wonderful job bringing this kit/ replica into the world at almost half that cost ...

To my friends and builders that follow my post on FB, whitearmor, rpf ect.... i will always put my talents to these goals im never making cheap crap. There is plenty of that in our community now.
What the last prop you made for the community? I saw a very serious shortage of good ee3 parts for the rotj and esb.. 3d copies of copies printed is not in my humble opinion preserving the continuity of the original parts ....

Thank GOD your to smart to use a credit card with 25 apr to buy something fun that will last.................... (my advice is to find a cc that doesn't have 25 apr)

GOT A GREAT IDEA FOR YOU ! IF YOU DONT HAVE NICE , GOOD, CONSTUCTIVE THINGS TO DISCUSS THEN STOP FOLLOWING MY BUILDS... IM NEVER DOING WHATEVER YOU THINK ANYWAY

***** To my friends and builders that follow my post on Dented helmetFB, whitearmor, rpf ect.... i will always put my talents to these goals im never making cheap crap. There is plenty of that in our community now. If I FAIL then i want my fellow prop builders to help me do better ,, if you need help with anything that im involved in then always ask ....

See my previous reply.

I'm a gun enthusiast. I follow auction sites. Clearly you do not and owe me an apology.

Here's another one which took far more time to make a collage (using an Android tablet) than it did to find the auction listing.

This one had 39 bids and Sold in August, 2020, for a mere $865 and was in excellent condition...

PSX_20210101_152913.jpg

PS: Please refrain from personal insults. I have not launched any against you and did not expect to receive any - Personal attacks and petty insults are very unprofessional and there is no need for them.
PPS: Thank you for your excellent advice on credit card rates... I do however already have one which charges 13.7%APR, but by paying the balance each month I avoid paying even that. Still good advice though, even if it was cast with a bitter tone. ☺

Last edited:
I think the answer here is clear. If Steve can regularly find these for 1200 bucks and it isn't just a lucky BIN auction, that's def the route he should take. My preferred EE-3 is the ROTJ version and I'd hate to modify an original Webley with all that would need to be done. I'll just go with an aluminum replica. With these replicas in general, you're also paying for the convenience of being able to buy one immediately without the wait and trouble of looking.

Not to ruin the fun above but I just wanted to say that I found some rings that I believe are close to what you pictured above. I made a post in my build thread about them.

Fettology Aluminum EE-3 Build

They are 5/8” jump rings that are pre bent for application. A pair of pliers will easily bend them into place after install. The dimensions were 0.77” on the outside and 0.55” on the inside. Pretty close to what you posted about. I ordered them from The Buckle Guy and you can find the link on my post if your interested

13864E35-B37C-4BA0-A817-7AB90FD15A46.jpeg

Oh please.

The last one on auction sold for $1250 on December 1st, 2020...

View attachment 204567
It should be noted that the seller of this auction would only accept Paypal and had NO feedback rating at the time (NR). If the seller had decided to run with your money, you would have been SOL because Paypal specifically states that "prohibited" items are not covered under their fraud guarantee. Quite the risk!

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back