Fettastic ESB Boba Fett Build. 501st Approved BH-77377 // Extremely Pic and video heavy

BOOM!!! Congratulations, bounty hunter! Welcome to the 501st!!!

Thanks brother! Congrats on those new stellar photos ;)

Congrats! 2017 will be the year I get a servo and blinky lights too!

Thanks Robert! So far this is going to be one of the more tricky details for my costume...what I have are the led lights, one white led light, a battery, a mercury switch, some wire, a small blank circuit board...and not a whole lot of space in the topper to fit it all! :confused

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got my ee3 kit. Take note that there is a lot of clean up work to be done on these kits but after all the prep work and some good paint, the Webley portion should be able to pass off as looking real. Another thing to note is that the stock doesn't quite line up accurately with the beveled edge and the first screw hole. It works but it's not accurate. I will eventually be looking to get a new stock that has a more accurate beveled edge. I knew I would have to do some work with staining and sanding the stock in order to get the taste I wanted. I ended up using 3 different color stains with sanding and weathering in between coats and then topping it off with a semi gloss polyurethane clear coat. I'm pretty happy with the dynamic.

Webley & Scott no.1 mkI ee3 blaster.JPG

FullSizeRender%201515_zpsvcuw9b7h.jpg

FullSizeRender%2011555_zps9gjlekal.jpg

Finished up my first ESB EE-3 Blaster but I'm sure it will not be my last! This was actually really fun to assemble and paint. Might go back and look at some more reference pictures to see if there is anything I missed. The kit is a stormrider resin kit. Attached is a Heiland 2 cell flash tube and an accurate Franken Scope with parts from a Webley, Sussex Armory, and another I can't identify.
Special thanks to @intwenothor for your contributions ;) to @jbdubz for your help and amazing thread! To @bcurtis for your amazing show off thread and to @The5thHorseman for your amazing build thread!

IMG_6555.JPG FullSizeRender (15).jpg Boba Fett ESB EE3 Blaster.JPG

IMG_6557_zps92a4tlum.jpg

IMG_6539_zps1ddsarvs.jpg

IMG_6541_zpsiasfcmor.jpg

IMG_6542_zpsgzcd8q3z.jpg

IMG_6543_zpswfrpu0gr.jpg

IMG_6545_zpsmkum66tz.jpg

IMG_6546_zpsysnilt3y.jpg

IMG_6537_zpsgk2ratuc.jpg

I know that the piece inside the flash tube from the heiland isn't actually in the original but it looks so cool I had to incorporate it. I did want it pushed in a bit so that you really have do be looking for it to see it. I think it's a cool effect.
IMG_6533_zps0nxuokew.jpg

FullSizeRender%2016999_zpsgd0kj789.jpg

I agree on the Heiland piece. Looks too cool to not use. I know I already told you on IG, but this looks absolutely fantastic. Congrats, man!

Beautiful blaster, and even more amazing Fett costume!

But I hate to break it to you but that blaster ain't finished 'til you got a nice sling hanging to it :)!

Beautiful blaster, and even more amazing Fett costume!

But I hate to break it to you but that blaster ain't finished 'til you got a nice sling hanging to it :)!

Haha thanks man! I know...I know...I know. Also need the sling rings for the sling! I have a lead on the sling...and I saw a thread on here a while ago of someone selling the sling rings but I can't seem to remember who...Let me find my shovel and do some diggin :D

I swear you must of jacked your whole ESB set up straight from the movie!

You're making my green lower cheeks blush ;)

You need to have you a training class on how to weather properly so people like me can come close to the level you are at. Because you know me :facepalm

Haha thanks, I don't know if there is enough interest for that and besides your latest stuff is coming out great! Where's that build thread at driver?!?!

Some photo's our CRL took at our last troop...

Boba Fett ESB 4.jpg Boba Fett ESB 2.jpg Boba Fett ESB 1.jpg Boba Fett Pose 4.jpg Boba Fett ESB 3.jpg

As soon as I can get these pics to actually download off my phone I will drop some pics in here to show some of the work Ive gotten done, Alot of what Ive got accomplished wouldnt look the way it does without the awesome help and knowledge Ive gotten from the Helmet.

This is has to be the most accurate ESB i've ever seen. Everything part down to the paint job is very damn close.
I have been lurking on the board for several years and your Fett is def my most favourite ESB on the board yet, it's AMAZING!!!
I've always thought the Flight Suit and Armour/paint job make or break the build too... it has to be scaled to your body or otherwise it'll look too small/too big and it'll look goofy.
I've dreamt for so long of starting my own Fett builds, I hope my ESB looks just as good as yours bro ;) such an inspiring build!! :cheers:cheers:cheers

Your customs looks realy like right out of the movie on you. Perfect!!! You made it!!!
Do you have a similar height and body like JB? I am to small and have to much shoulders to look like him.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Hey Cam, nice job on the complete suit, looking really good (y) Btw, You are not too far from me, I am in Bako, about a parsec from you :D

Good luck bro !!!

This is has to be the most accurate ESB i've ever seen. Everything part down to the paint job is very damn close.
I have been lurking on the board for several years and your Fett is def my most favourite ESB on the board yet, it's AMAZING!!!
I've always thought the Flight Suit and Armour/paint job make or break the build too... it has to be scaled to your body or otherwise it'll look too small/too big and it'll look goofy.
I've dreamt for so long of starting my own Fett builds, I hope my ESB looks just as good as yours bro ;) such an inspiring build!! :cheers:cheers:cheers

Wow. I'm flattered. I really appreciate the high praise, and especially on a board with the best Fett builders in the outer rim. I only hope to upgrade and improve the accuracy of my build over the years. I love this hobby and hope to help others the way I've been helped on this forum.

Your customs looks realy like right out of the movie on you. Perfect!!! You made it!!!
Do you have a similar height and body like JB? I am to small and have to much shoulders to look like him.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the compliment! I am a similar height to what is speculated as Jeremy Bulloch's height of 6'1" in the filming of The Empire Strikes Back. I also believe I may have a similar body, frame/build to Jeremy but I will say that underneath the Boba Fett suit I am a bit more muscular than Jeremy Bulloch was during filming.

Hey Cam, nice job on the complete suit, looking really good (y) Btw, You are not too far from me, I am in Bako, about a parsec from you :D

Good luck bro !!!

Thanks Ken! Very Cool!! Hopefully we will run into each other. I love meeting other TDH members.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back