Feiderrr ESB Boba

Decided to take some time off to finish some work and for xmas. Ill get back to this in the new year. Ill keep you posted.

index.jpg

Back at it. I am still waiting for my flight suit and vest so I decided to finish up the minor points on the bucket. Put down a coat of primer and got to work on the armor. After I am done I will take it out for a light sanding and primer the rest. QUESTION: Does there need to be any outside edges left on any of the armor or do I take it all the way to the edge?

735136_10156374395835585_6319419908345145713_n.jpg

The point where it curls over is often referred to as "return".
There should be roughly a 1/8" return edge left on the armor pieces. The Gallery has a few excellent pics that really show this on parts of the chest and collar armor.
Some parts you may need to adjust this for comfort, as the backplate and kidney isn't really seen at those edges so I'd adjust them according to how they feel.
leaving this edge where visible gives the armor that look of depth.

The point where it curls over is often referred to as "return".
There should be roughly a 1/8" return edge left on the armor pieces. The Gallery has a few excellent pics that really show this on parts of the chest and collar armor.
Some parts you may need to adjust this for comfort, as the backplate and kidney isn't really seen at those edges so I'd adjust them according to how they feel.
leaving this edge where visible gives the armor that look of depth.
Thank you! I'll be sure to check that out. Appreciate your help!

Sent from my LGLS991

13913932_10157215213755585_1383137108851438403_o.jpg

Back again after a VERY long break! Finished school, got a job, got engaged, big year! Finally back at this again! OK... The silver coating is on. I applied all the stencils for the damage and weathering, and while it was a scorching 105 degrees here over the later parts of fall, the helmet warped reallllly badly, but I slowly made adjustments and got it back to its form again. Now, all I need to do is start masking and painting. My goal is to have this whole thing finished by my birthday (May) and to be on my first troop in the summer. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back