Extra ESB Greeblies???

HeadlessHunter

Well-Known Hunter
Just noticed this on one of my ref photos whilst finishing off my sidewinder EE-3, apologies if its been brought up before

Greeblies.JPG

Ok next question, who else has relpicated this on their EE-3? I dont seem to remember seeing any others like this so come on guys show em if you got em :)

I admit Ive had similar thoughts with regards to getting a clamp to go over my flash tube, its just a matter of finding one that looks the same, in the picture it seems the clamp has two identical 'Protusions' and they certainly appear to be at a 90 degree angle to one another, this may not be the case though so has anyone got any better photos they could share? :) Thanks for the link Darren (y)

Anytime bro. This thread has me thinking along lines that I had earlier dismissed. The clamp almost appears like it would have a machine screw that would go between the two tabs to draw the clamp into a tight closed position around a pipe or tube.

I am going to break out my Grainger and MacMaster-Carr catalogs to see what I can find.

#5412k33

The screw and square nut removed will give you the EXACT LOOK that you need and that we all have been looking for!

...I think... INPUT?

5412kp1l.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that looks good, but, Ive cut out the section of the photo and to me they look like the threads of 2 screws, also I cant make out whether theyre coming out of the bottom of the scope mount itself? :confused :lol:

close.JPG

Um, similar but not the same, the two tangs on the Fett are narrower than the band round the tube, unlike on your found item.

The bolts sticking out idea has got something about it - bolted through the flash and through the mount, holding the flash in?

SAS

BINGO!!!!

#5412k33

The screw and square nut removed will give you the EXACT LOOK that you need and that we all have been looking for!

...I think... INPUT?

I'm not sure about that, d'you mean the silver 'bands' - I think they look too narrow and not tall enough to be nuts. I was thinking maybe the mount/tube was threaded and the lighter bits are where fresh thread has been revealed by extra tightening at some point. ?

SAS

Guy’s I really don’t think these clamps have any sort of nut or screw. IMHO, they are spring loaded, if you look at the rear clamp (the one closest to the trigger), you will notice that the little numbs sticking down are closer together compared to the front. Speculating that the two clamps would be the same size, this would be correct, the numbs would be further apart, because the diameter of the flash tube would be smaller. It’s hard to explain. I wish we could ID these parts once and for all.

ESB-Publicity12-FettonStarDestroyer.jpg

Fett_Scope_Mount_05.jpg

I believe that it is a spring clamp. and while I may not be exact to the one I found I believe that there is an older version where the two tabs infact bypassed one another... I will try and sketch something up.

AW-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst searching various plumbing supply websites I found this familiar looking item, called an 'Adjustable Band Hanger' looks spookily like a scope mount to me :lol:

fig2.gif

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back