ESB Gaunlet greeblie help

SaxeCoburg

Active Hunter
GAUNT.jpg

Hey guys… just trying to pull together my FP gauntlets and these two greeblies/ buttons have me stumped. I’m not sure if they’ve ever been identified or not. They seem to only be on the ESB gauntlet and not the ROTJ version. They one on the front of the gauntlet looks like it may be sort of “port” for a cable… or something, the other seems to just be a square push button.
:confused

Anybody have any ideas? Is there any sort of off-the-shelf item I could use for these? I’d like to get something as accurate as possible to the screen used item, but if it means I’ll have to look through piles of European 1960s word processors for the next 10 years… I think I’ll just go to Radio Shack and find something close enough.
;)

Sorry for the size of the pic… I’m on my work computer and don’t have all of my ESB ref pics. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just from looking at that pic, I would save some time and use a USB 2.0 post for the front outlet. The side looks like some sort of rectagular power switch. Maybe a flashlight push button for it.

I dont really think it was so simple as a hole and a p iece of plastic... they must be some hardware pieces, as they made in all the rest, but what ??? very very very hard to tell I'm affraid...

The option of the USB slot looks very cool, and the other piece.. puffff.. very hard to tell from that pic (is there any other pic of that ? )

Thanks for the replys guys :)

I had hoped somebody who knew what the actual parts were would have chimed in :facepalm but I guess the secrets of the gauntlet greeblies… will remain just that… more Boba mysteries’ secrets:lol:

Also if you guys look at the pre-pro gauntlets, they have the same greeblies… for whatever it’s worth

Thanks! :)

The thing on the side looks like part of my retainer when I was like 8. Another kind of dental expander, but a longer one.

Where is the picture from? A screen grab or a promo picture?

-=QuinN!

I think these collages were done by a TDH'er, but as you'll notice the button on the side is also on the Pre-pro. It looks concave and has a small radius on the edges. On the ESB suit it looks of a reddish hue to me.....I made mine the "Boxcar Red" that I also used for the piano keys on the jet pack.

The front black "button" area looks to me that it has the same recess in the gauntlet like the ROTJ, just painted black.

ESB gauntletdetail.jpg

ESB gauntletdetail2.jpg

:) Thanks bro, that helps alot.

On a side note... the Boba Koto statue... the side button is painted a purplish color. But in the pics it does look to be a boxcar red kinda color.

Thanks again

Hello all , ...I seem to be ressurecting a dead thread here ...but thought it seemed the best place to put this info ...Mods , please feel free to shift this at will etc ....

Now , for a while Ive been considering various greeblies on the suit , theories include , plumb bob for the rocket dart nose , glass fibre roller of unknown specific type for the body of wrist rocket ...and this...

the button on the right ESB gauntlet side ,... the one that looks like a slightly sucked RENNIE indigestion tablet (in fact you could prob mould off one...;)...) I think is a slide switch from a 70's EVER READY TORCH ... these are square with rounded corners and a shallow recess in the middle for a thumb grip ....I had several just like that ... still do somewhere ... yup will post pics when found ...

hang on ... just found THIS!..(quick google search found this on flea bay)
ever ready torch.jpg

there are at least 2 sizes of torch I had with this button , this red one is the smaller .I used to play with them as hand phasers till last year...er...when I was a kid .

In fact , I think I saw something on the 'emitter' type port at the front of the gauntlet BEING a torch somewhere ...I've thought for a while there is the whole one of this model of torch IN the gauntlet ?!?!?!.......

And here...

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gallery/boba-fett-supertrooper/p10183-boba-fett-costume-docu.html

THERE IS A TORCH LISTED !!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEHAH!

What does everyone else think ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have a good argument on this! I did some research (I don't want to steal your find, just showing some facts) and found an image with measurements from a 1970's Ever Ready Catalogue:

Ever Ready Minilight 3.jpg

Note that the button is a 'slide' and not 'push' type (in the OFF position).

The overall lenght is 85,7mm, the width is 37,3mm at the middle and around 32mm at the front and back side, the height is 21,4mm and the button is around 12mm on each side (?).

Here is another image with the same torch (?) (different color):

Ever Ready Minilight 2.jpg

This time the button is slide in the ON position.

I think that part is a scratch build and they simply put the whole (?) torch in that casing:

Clipboard02.jpg

As for the button, they easily made it from 'slide' to 'push' type (in the ON position).

You did an amazing detective work so far! Keep up the hunt!

OK, that is pretty interesting...now this had me thinking about the 4th shin tool. Scapal holder have we ID'd that part? Is that the 4th shin tool? Is it possible that the scalpal holder is the 4 shin tool and is like a tube? I dont know just thinking...

OK, that is pretty interesting...now this had me thinking about the 4th shin tool. Scapal holder have we ID'd that part? Is that the 4th shin tool? Is it possible that the scalpal holder is the 4 shin tool and is like a tube? I dont know just thinking...

I was doing some digging on that part a while ago and found some tube-shaped things in ww2 era surgical kits. I'm convinced that the 4th tool is the scalpel holder (I think it's a typo in the paper calling it scalpal).

I think you have a good argument on this! I did some research (I don't want to steal your find, just showing some facts) and found an image with measurements from a 1970's Ever Ready Catalogue:

View attachment 64123
The overall lenght is 85,7mm, the width is 37,3mm at the middle and around 32mm at the front and back side, the height is 21,4mm and the button is around 12mm on each side (?).

To add some fuel to this torch fire :rolleyes I think these measurements fit nicely with those that Art recently provided from the original mold in this thread. 32 mm at the front of the torch falls within these.
boba-fett-gauntlets-boba-fett-right-gauntlet-front-measurements.jpg-63886d1348260307

I'm at home now and I can do better comparisons between the right gauntlet and the Ever Ready Minilight. I was wrong with the fact that the right gauntlet has a 'push' and not a 'slide' button, because I looked at the Supertrooper video, and it seems that Norman Reynolds (production designer on ESB) slide the button to turn the torch ON and OFF:

Supertrooper 11.jpg

Here are the measurements of the Ever Ready Minilight:

Ever Ready Minilight Measurements.jpg

And 2 comparison images with the Pre-Pro #1 (with Art's measurements) and ESB Hero (overlayed images) right gauntlets:

PP1 Flashlight.jpg ESB Flashlight.jpg

Congratulations for mekroid, because I think he nailed this!

Based on the sound in that video I think Rafal is right about a slide vs. push button. A latching push button would have two distinct clicks, whereas a slide has one. It is very distinctly one click both when turned on and off.

I had been thinking push button before, especially based on this photo. It just looks so centered, not like a slide would at all. But looking again with Rafal's photo in mind I think I can see the same room for slide. Very Cool!
Boba-Fett-Costume-Test-Fitting-01.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back