ESB Fett Helmet Painted w/ Mando Color Palette

Deja Fett

New Hunter
Very excited to finally share this project here. I do a lot of what I call, "What If" paint jobs on existed Star Wars Helmets. Canon Helmets reimagined with a different take on what could have been. This is a ESB Fett done with the color palette of The Mandalorian, but staying true to the damage of the ESB Fett helmet. The goal was to paint this helmet with the thought that if you put it on the Mandalorian, it would look like it belonged as well.

This is an older FPII cast that I've had for a while, painted with the suggested, closest matched colors from the the Din Mando build group. (You know who you are that suggested these colors #SBS). Tried to incorporate all the colors that were used on Mando's entire armor. I used stencils, sized and tweaked of course. This is an entirely layered paint job with the base coat being Alumaluster, so those "metal parts" really catch the light. There is a picture included, but to think this started as a perfectly chromed helmet still blows my mind, even though I painted it. I took some creative liberties but for the most part, tried to stay very true to the ESB Damage just with different colors. I could not be happier with how this turned out. Its my favorite thing to date, that I've done.

The background I made but will share all that in a separate post.

I'd love to paint some more of these, so if interested shoot me a DM. Make sure to check out my other "What If" Star Wars helmets on Instagram

Attachments

• Wide.jpg
    Wide.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 343
  • Back 45 Right.jpg
    Back 45 Right.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 315
  • Back Left 45.jpg
    Back Left 45.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 295
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 307
  • Left Side.jpg
    Left Side.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 291
  • Side Right.jpg
    Side Right.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 298
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 306
  • Front Left 45.jpg
    Front Left 45.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 307
  • Front Right 45.jpg
    Front Right 45.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 270
  • DSC03767-1.jpg
    DSC03767-1.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 285
  • DSC03760-1 copy.jpg
    DSC03760-1 copy.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 285
  • DSC03772-1.jpg
    DSC03772-1.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 263
  • DSC03769-1.jpg
    DSC03769-1.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 256
  • DSC03771-1.jpg
    DSC03771-1.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 243
  • DSC03757-1.jpg
    DSC03757-1.jpg
    9.7 MB · Views: 241
  • DSC03758-1.jpg
    DSC03758-1.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 244
  • DSC03759-1.jpg
    DSC03759-1.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 235
  • DSC03760-2.jpg
    DSC03760-2.jpg
    9.3 MB · Views: 236
  • DSC03761-2.jpg
    DSC03761-2.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 227
  • DSC03739-1.jpg
    DSC03739-1.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 228
  • DSC03751-1.jpg
    DSC03751-1.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 232
  • DSC03760-1.jpg
    DSC03760-1.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 229
  • DSC03761-1.jpg
    DSC03761-1.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 318
That must be the most rusty looking Fett helmet out there, lol

I clicked on that full on expecting just a silver helmet. This on the other hand is spectacular!

This is by far one of the most creative paint jobs I have ever seen on a helmet!! This is absolutely amazing in every way! I also though when clicking on this that is was just going to be a weathered silver helmet lol so glad I saw this!

Yeah the weathering on this is just top notch! It honestly looks better than the Mando helmets we see on the show! Other than Mando helmet itself, I honestly have not been impressed with the work done on the other Mandos we’ve seen.

Yeah the weathering on this is just top notch! It honestly looks better than the Mando helmets we see on the show! Other than Mando helmet itself, I honestly have not been impressed with the work done on the other Mandos we’ve seen.

You mean to tell me boba fetts new paint job isn’t the coolest thing you’ve ever seen?!? How is that possible

This is by far one of the most creative paint jobs I have ever seen on a helmet!! This is absolutely amazing in every way! I also though when clicking on this that is was just going to be a weathered silver helmet lol so glad I saw this!
Man, that is quite a compliment. Thank you very much!

That means alot to me. I really dive into my helmet with the intent that they could walk on set. I would also agree that I have not been that impressed with some of the work on the show. Dont even get me started on the new Fett look.

Well I just acquired 11 of the Floquil Paints from Lee's list and will be tackling an ESB Fett bucket here very soon. Keep ya posted.

Also, I do I ton for custom and alt paint jobs on existing SW buckets. Check out my instagram if you want to take a look.

www.instagram.com/DirtyRogueDesigns

Take care

Ben

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back