ESB Bucket step by step

never thought of drawing the scratches on first actually...

nice work on the killmarks!! :cheers

this is gettin better and better !

I worked on detail stuff today. just battle damage. For the dark scratches above the kill marks I used the dark brunswick green.

IMG_1719.JPG

IMG_1720.JPG

IMG_1721.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
OK..check this out...my helmet I painted ( not finished with the back)

side by side with my MARROW SUN helmet painted by MS himself. Now I know mine is not a good as his but for my first attempt I am very happy. I should have everything completed by next week.

My Ms helmet will never be worn...it will just be for display and I will use my helmet for 501st events!!

IMG_1722.JPG

IMG_1724.JPG

BobaFettSlave_1 said:
i thought the back of the ESB helmet was a dark blue green color.

I used the Rogue studios color list:

it shows the back as being EURO Dark green.

Helmet (Empire version)
* Panzer Olive Green (Cheeks and dome)
* Boxcar Red (mandibles)
* UP Armor Yellow (Verticle stripes)
* MILW Road Orange (Verticle stripes)
* SP Lark Dark Gray 'unsure' (Gray around scratches)
* Rust (various locations)
* Chrome (scratches) I think this was actually a color called bright silver but this works best.
* Euro Dark green/I think I found this one stay tuned 8/15/05 'Unsure' back of helmet.
* Earth(Rangefinder ear)
* RLM Green (Left ear) 'unsure'
* PRR Green(I like weathered black better) (Inside cheeks) this is practically black.
* Rock Island Maroon (Red scratches on left ear).
* Light Gray (on left ear) any light gray will do.
* PRR Maroon for the dark color on mands may need to darken this color with a touch of black I am unsure of the correct color for this at this time but this works

That is awesome. I'll be starting my helmet in the next few months and the tips and pics from the members here are invaluable! (y)

I will be posting pics of my new Visor(GREEN). I will be installing it this weekend. I also have been working on the back. I hope to get some pics up of my progress over the weekend.

I have slowed down a bit to avoid bucket burn out. Stayed tuned for more updates

UPDATE:

I installed a green visor. Thanks to TK409's website. He had some great info on getting a dark green visor. I used JB weld to hold the visor in place. I also completed the rangefinder and earpiece. I still have a little paint work to do on the range finder.

I am still working on the back and hope to finish it up by the end of next week.

IMG_1744.JPG

IMG_1745.JPG

IMG_1747.JPG

IMG_1748.JPG

IMG_1749.JPG

looking great! You never know what you can do untill you try. Your helmet from what I can see so far is definetly in the top 10% but that's only my opinion.

MARROW SUN said:
looking great! You never know what you can do untill you try. Your helmet from what I can see so far is definetly in the top 10% but that's only my opinion.

that means alot coming from you!!!

I must say that when I put mine next to the one you painted for me yours clearly is in the TOP 1%

I can't tell you how much it helps to have yours as a reference during this project!!

progress pics on the back of the bucket. Everything is hand painted. This is proving to be the hardest part of the paintjob!!

IMG_1750.JPG

IMG_1751.JPG

IMG_1752.JPG

more pics of the detail work on the back. I used a very fine tip brush to do all of the detail work. Once again I recommend suding a pencil to draw everything first and then paint.

IMG_1754.JPG

IMG_1755.JPG

WOW ... Nice work DarthMiller. (y)

All of these bucket painting threads, have come up at the right time. I now have all kinds of tips to use while painting my helmet.

Thanks,
Gator

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back