eFx's Mandalorian Helmet

Sorry for the dumb question, but newbie here...when they say "for display only" does that mean that it's not wearable? Or is this and the boba fett one cast from the original prop, and therefore was made for the head of a specific actor and probably won't fit my huge cranium? I'd like to know because both helmets look pretty spot on...

More then likely itll have very little padding but still able to be worn. Id say ask on Chronicles facebook post about the helmets insides as theyre distributing it and EFX has very little social media presence

If it comes with little padding, you can add that yourself. From what I understand, most people don't troop with their EFX Fiberglass Vader helmets, being that they're a limited run. They use a cheaper SPFX, Darth Ugly or Quasimodo cast. I would gather this will be the same. Display this, get a less expensive fan-made cast for trooping.

My question is this, Im assuming everyone here is striving for 501st approval (not being snooty just assuming). I know eFx has not been approvable anymore, and what would change with this helmet? Also, compared to other helmets I wonder how large this will be? Considering many of us have MASSIVE noggins.

Thoughts?

My question is this, Im assuming everyone here is striving for 501st approval (not being snooty just assuming). I know eFx has not been approvable anymore, and what would change with this helmet? Also, compared to other helmets I wonder how large this will be? Considering many of us have MASSIVE noggins.

Thoughts?
Why would this helmet not be approvable? The Fett helmet because of the seam lines and other things but we don’t even know the criteria for 501st approval. So it might be approvable.

Don’t expect it to fit anything past a 24 inch head, this helmet is a lot smaller than the Fett helmets.

oof! Haha. Thats no Bueno. I only mention that cause many EFX helmets for certain costumes are not standard anymore. But hey , im all for being corrected.

Sounds like those with huge noggins will need to 3D print them or have commissions

oof! Haha. Thats no Bueno. I only mention that cause many EFX helmets for certain costumes are not standard anymore. But hey , im all for being corrected.

Sounds like those with huge noggins will need to 3D print them or have commissions

The simple paintjob on this helmet and the fact that it’s fiberglass leads myself to believe it would be approvable. That’s just my opinion though.

What’s your circumference of your head? I’m selling helmet kits and could find out if yours would fit :)

The simple paintjob on this helmet and the fact that it’s fiberglass leads myself to believe it would be approvable. That’s just my opinion though.

What’s your circumference of your head? I’m selling helmet kits and could find out if yours would fit :)

7 3/8ths. Thats what my old Army PC cap was at least lol! Yea i figured a paintjob and fiberglass will be the way to go for these. Im just curious how stringent the 501st standards will be .

Especially with all of the adjustments this costume goes through.

Looks like EFX is making a comeback and actually providing constant updates! If only they have more social media presence so people can be updated on a larger scale.

But anyways, here an update!
"We are really excited about this picture of the pre-production helmet we just got from the factory!"
Today is also the day the Fett helmets would be "ready" to ship! Hopefully we can get an update for that today or monday!
Mandalorian-Helmet--on-Stand-Blog_1024x1024.png

Now I did notice that the ears to seem to ever so slightly protrude from the helmet, and I know that many helmet makers here are currently finishing up those molds and putting out V.1's , is this something to be addressed moving forward? (not a slight towards any makers).

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back