eFx's Mandalorian Helmet

Has anyone pre-ordered the new EFX helmet?

THE MANDALORIAN HELMET - PRECISION CRAFTED REPLICA (PCR) - PRE-ORDER

• Anticipated to ship Q1-2022
  • As seen in The MandalorianTM on Disney+
  • Master patterns cast from the molds used to make the screen-used helmets
  • Full Scale 1:1 Prop Replica
  • High quality ABS construction
  • Machined aluminum "ears"
  • Screen accurate paint
  • Certificate of Authenticity.

As I can see, the differences between the first version. Is the Fiberglass vs. ABS. And the Machines aluminum "ears".

What do you think is better? Try to get a fiberglass one or pre-order the new one?

Thanks in advance!

I would say get the ABS one especially if you want to wear it. The EFX fiberglass pieces are pretty overpriced now.
One thing I don't understand is why Anovos supposedly scanned the original? The helmet was created digitally from everything I have understood and have seen. Why not just use the actual digital file? Other licensees had it.
Or you could just get one of the fan made ones which will probably be superior all round.

I would say get the ABS one especially if you want to wear it. The EFX fiberglass pieces are pretty overpriced now.
One thing I don't understand is why Anovos supposedly scanned the original? The helmet was created digitally from everything I have understood and have seen. Why not just use the actual digital file? Other licensees had it.
Or you could just get one of the fan made ones which will probably be superior all round.

From what I understand the Anovos helmet was altered to make it slightly larger so it could be worn as they have the "costume" license.

Yup, alternations were made to make it widely accessible for consumers in the market. Before the great ape files the Anovos and EFX buckets were the only game in town. Both are good for display but not practical for trooping. A lot of people here have owned both helmets and have wind up switching to third party ones which are resin/fiberglass reinforced. Very sturdy stuff. I am incredibly leery about EFX's ABS mando helmet. You'll saving on cost versus fiberglass but that weight difference is offset by durability.

Still had to up the game after the Hasbro bucket. Yeah... Love it. Wonder what this will change/add

Has anyone pre-ordered the new EFX helmet?

THE MANDALORIAN HELMET - PRECISION CRAFTED REPLICA (PCR) - PRE-ORDER

• Anticipated to ship Q1-2022
  • As seen in The MandalorianTM on Disney+
  • Master patterns cast from the molds used to make the screen-used helmets
  • Full Scale 1:1 Prop Replica
  • High quality ABS construction
  • Machined aluminum "ears"
  • Screen accurate paint
  • Certificate of Authenticity.

As I can see, the differences between the first version. Is the Fiberglass vs. ABS. And the Machines aluminum "ears".

What do you think is better? Try to get a fiberglass one or pre-order the new one?

Thanks in advance!

I preordered one through BBTS. Will do a comparison to my Anovos when it arrives.

I intend on using one of these for my Din build, so was looking to see which would be best for trooping.

Sean

I preordered one through BBTS. Will do a comparison to my Anovos when it arrives.

I intend on using one of these for my Din build, so was looking to see which would be best for trooping.

Sean

I'm looking forward to read your comparison (if you write it).
I'll wait since I'm waiting for my Jsin Helmet to arrive.

Thanks,

Sideshow posted this pic on their Instagram. That certainly could be the PCR, those look like the aluminum ears. If the final product ends up as sharp and clean as this I will be a-okay.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220528-153605_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220528-153605_Instagram.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 146
Got mine today. It looks GREAT, but as noted from previous posts the weathering is pretty heavy handed. Has anyone had any luck removing it without hurting the paint?

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back