eFX PCR Boba Fett Helmet

Final group of pics.

20190412_160058.jpg 20190412_160112.jpg 20190412_160124.jpg 20190412_160132.jpg 20190412_160141.jpg

Thanks for the pics
It looks like the helmet is made in 3-4 pieces which get glued together to form the main helmet. Dome, Back, Front Mandible section, and possibly the Dent itself is a separate piece too if I'm seeing a seam line in there instead of a poorly hidden stencil line...I'm unsure what it really is tbh. The physical damage looks to be more "artist interpretation" than whats on the actual bucket, but trying to get that to injection mold might also be tricky I guess. I'm curious how well it truly retains the ESB helmet dimensions or if its more a "Good enough" piece together.
It looks like they've done the ears similar to how Master Replicas did theirs. The rangefinder ear is one piece instead of 2 like on the real one with a backplate that probably screws on. The actual base of the RF ear is a separate piece which is used to help hide the seam line on this side of the helmet.
I almost have to wonder if this is truly the result of conventional linage casting. The only way in my mind they'd be able to create an assembly with overlapping mating surfaces clean enough to link up and somewhat retain the true shape of the helmet would be to go the 3DSCAN/CAD route and then 3d print a prototype from there with all your idealized features which can then be translated to injection molding. Interesting to be sure

Last edited:
Can anyone verify if the ears are machined aluminum? From the interview they made it sound like they were which would be crazy!

Can anyone verify if the ears are machined aluminum? From the interview they made it sound like they were which would be crazy!
My guess is they're hollow die cast just like the MR's ears were. Would explain them doing the rangefinder ear the same way MR did since its a lot easier/cheaper to produce than getting them machined and gets the job done. Id expect the Legend would probably be upwards of $1000+ if it has machined ears just like the real deal, if it ever sees the light of day

"The paint operations are taking a little longer that we had anticipated. There are more than 600 paint steps on this helmet!"

"We have posted a few pictures of the helmet in production on the product page. We will continue to post more pictures as we get them from the factory!"

Interesting to see some of the angles there on the cheek...

600 Paint steps? I know it's about as complex as it can get,
but how is it 600?

If you're talking about the strange curvature of the right cheek then I think there's a possible issue there. This area has considerable splits, cracks, and bumps so would have required significant work but I'm not sure this looks like it follows the curve.

Interesting to see the construction method. Thanks for posting

I'm so torn on this thing, I can't find it at preorder for anything like reasonable money in the UK.
I know the paint will be inferior to my FPH2 but the lineage....

I'm bound to end up with one.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back