eFX PCR Boba Fett Helmet

helmet arrive today here in italy.
the helmet in general is pretty good, like what i expected for that product in relation of the price.

the negative things i can tell:
- in the front area near the 2 small triangles, there is like a plastic stress mark, probably cause of the assembly steps
- the black weathering spots on the back
- my rangefinder swings because is not well connected to the metal antenna

the worst thing is for sure the plastic stress in the front area, i am now thinking about that

Attachments

• Foto 10-01-20, 18 59 02.jpg
    Foto 10-01-20, 18 59 02.jpg
    976.5 KB · Views: 445
  • Foto 10-01-20, 19 13 13.jpg
    Foto 10-01-20, 19 13 13.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 432
  • Foto 10-01-20, 19 19 33.jpg
    Foto 10-01-20, 19 19 33.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 462
  • Foto 10-01-20, 19 20 01.jpg
    Foto 10-01-20, 19 20 01.jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 457
Mine came today. Love it. Love the general look of it. Color choice and paint apps are far superior to anything I've seen before in a commercially available one, and I've had the DP DLX, and the MR. The seam above the brow is barely visible on mine. Not sure if some are different than others or if I lucked out in that way or what.

Yes, the Borden cheek detail sticks out a bit too far and there is no white smudge along the kill marks, and the visor could be darker, but those are easily tweaked.

The worst part is that I have some very small cracks behind both ears. I'm not talking about the seam. These are actual small cracks just past the ears. And one to the right of the turn signals as you are looking at it. I have heard "stress cracks" thrown out, but I would have thought the material was flexible enough to avoid that. This really should have had a layer of fiberglass laid in.

My other minor gripe would be why can no company add in a hardhat liner? You stick it on and it wobbles and spins. Go that one extra step.

But again, this is really sweet looking overall. And considering the price of metal parts alone, even if you absolutely hate the helmet, you could consider it a kit and work up from there.

Mine came today. Love it. Love the general look of it. Color choice and paint apps are far superior to anything I've seen before in a commercially available one, and I've had the DP DLX, and the MR. The seam above the brow is barely visible on mine. Not sure if some are different than others or if I lucked out in that way or what.

Yes, the Borden cheek detail sticks out a bit too far and there is no white smudge along the kill marks, and the visor could be darker, but those are easily tweaked.

The worst part is that I have some very small cracks behind both ears. I'm not talking about the seam. These are actual small cracks just past the ears. And one to the right of the turn signals as you are looking at it. I have heard "stress cracks" thrown out, but I would have thought the material was flexible enough to avoid that. This really should have had a layer of fiberglass laid in.

My other minor gripe would be why can no company add in a hardhat liner? You stick it on and it wobbles and spins. Go that one extra step.

But again, this is really sweet looking overall. And considering the price of metal parts alone, even if you absolutely hate the helmet, you could consider it a kit and work up from there.

Please post pics of the cracks you’re talking about. Very interested in seeing that. And yes, it’s a really great helmet. Not perfect, but MORE perfect than anything ever.

I’ve been trying to get EFX to give me instruction on how to fix the range finder that’s loose on mine since it arrived and this is the response I got after they asked to clarify which part is loose. Fantastic customer service.

Attachments

• 04875B72-BC9C-4506-BA65-D92093D642D4.jpeg
    04875B72-BC9C-4506-BA65-D92093D642D4.jpeg
    245.1 KB · Views: 274
Here are a couple.

I have those in the same spots. I've also seen them on other helmets so I don't think they're actual cracks. My helmet arrived and I'm extremely happy with it as a licensed piece. For the price this should be a helmet in everyone's collections!

I'll post some comparison pictures later but the seam is hardly noticeable (especially when displayed) but my biggest issues are the missing paint details and the softened damage details.

The rangefinder in mine won't move up at all. It doesn't budge and I don't want to force it.

Overall it feels pretty cheap.

There’s a lock washer inside the ear that makes the stalk really hard to pull down. I pulled mine out on one helmet. Made a world of difference. Still very tight, but slightly less.

There’s a lock washer inside the ear that makes the stalk really hard to pull down. I pulled mine out on one helmet. Made a world of difference. Still very tight, but slightly less.
Thanks Ryan, I take it this involves disassembly of the ear?

Edit. Put it in a warm place and that loosened things up.

I stand by my cheap comment. It does feel cheap and flimsy. Even those over here who went direct to BAIT still ended up paying around £500 once all of the charges and fees were paid. That's $650.
Retail prices here are now looking like £550 up to £650. That's $715 to a whopping $850. That's a lot for a plastic helmet.

Paint job nice for a mass produced item. The brown staining is a little heavy handed but it isn't a deal breaker.

Cleanup is huge. It's status as a lineage helmet is there but it's kind of tenuous e.g. the orbital band is a uniform depth all the way around the rear of the helmet and it shouldn't be.

Wavy brow looks good.

Dent is good. Miles better than the MR and so obviously not rooted in the distinctive PP2 dent like everything else with lineage.

There's some shrinkage. This is most obvious in the easiest to measure areas. It's not in GMH territory, but it's there, however; the overall size and shape is good. That huge distortion over and around the left ear has been removed. They've done that quite well. I don't imagine that would have been well received had they left it. All other non intentional screen accurate damage is gone e.g. the cheek crack and lump.
The intentional damage that is present i.e. the front left mandible and left jaw scratch is rubbish. If it has any direct lineage at all I'd be amazed.

The seam around the dome is the most noticeable but I doubt most people will notice it once it's in a deltoff, which is where most of these will go I expect.

Metal ears are nice although that upper RF ear looks a little chunky to me.

It's a nice but flawed item. It does set out what it was intended to do, which is, apparently, to make a decent, fairly accurate, licensed lineage helmet at an affordable price; regardless of what I paid it's best to judge this at the US market price it was aimed at.

$400 for a complete helmet like this is a good deal. It's only at those international prices that this starts to lose credibility.

Edit:: 3rd Feb.

The cheapest that UK retailers are now selling these is £550, that's $715, and prices go all the way up to and eye watering £693, which is $900!
Even though you will get striped up for shipping, customs, and taxes, the most affordable option is to order from baitme .com where you will be paying around the £500 mark. The exact price will depend on the exchange rate of the day and whatever charges the bank, paypal, or the credit card company impose. Depending on how that looks in the final price then the hassle free option of paying £550 may be preferable. Obviously that option gives far greater protection should you have any issues with the piece.

Last edited:
Working on mine too, removed most of the brown spots and been adding SE damage and started to fill the seams, they are hardly noticable to begin with but I guess that is what it is as I want to troop with it.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back