EE3 blaster

Blaster1965

Jr Hunter
Hi can anyone on the forum point me in the best direction to obtain an EE3 blaster also interested in side arm as well kit form will be fine but must meet 501st approval thankyou

Lots of good options out there - have a look in the Cargo Hold. Generally Speaking Sidewinder does very good kits and I believe Wasted Fett does one also?

Most exquisite kit i've seen is from a guy called 'Andy Meyers'. He does both EE-3's and the side arm, with metal pieces and the kits are so perfect Its crazy. I have one of his ROTJ EE-3s and when it arrived I was speechless. No bubbles at all and no glue required (except greeblies). All screws together and has a metal scope and barrel, finishing off with a wooden stock. You can contact him on Facebook or On his site 'Special Ops Models' - this guy is an absolute pro with his kits.

I think Sidewinder is currently offering the most accurate representation of either version although there are some other nice kits out there.

The Portumac/Andy Meyers versions are nice but there are a few glaring inaccuracies that really shouldn't be present on something with that price tag and I'm still slightly at a loss as to why those issues weren't corrected given that plenty of people pointed them out during the working phases.

Those bronze Webleys that a couple of different people offered are a nice base if you can get hold of one. I've seen some 3D printed versions floating around that look okay. The biggest advantage with those is that they appear to be cheap.

Also, let's not forget Stormrider if he's still doing kits; many a happy Fett fan has a Stormrider EE3.

What these guys said.
Sidewinder (UK), Stormrider (US), Wasted Fett (US), Portumac (US?) all offer great kits at various prices.
That said.. the original film used Webley, as Andy pointed out, is somewhat of a unique variant among Webley’s and if you’re wanting uber OCD accuracy to the blaster then all of these will require a little modification to them in order to match the Hero; some more than others. Most dont care about all those tiny little details though, and I don’t believe any of the organizations would ever require such dedication so you’ll be good to go no matter what way ya go.

My current kit is a Sidewinder that has been heavily modified. New wood stock, new greebies, new scope, etc.

Wasted Fett has a great kit. I believe wood stock and it has all the known found part greebies casted from the real deals!

As it comes finished from Sidewinder:

4380B9D4-BAD5-42BF-AD85-7A44C7D43B78_zps8shvnky8.jpg

I've since painted my scope but you get the idea here:

sf0hHWj.jpg

Mate, my blaster is actually only a collection of parts at the moment. All the know found parts are in hand. The front and rear barrel mounts are Sidewinder's, which are based on the swimming pool and Maclow pipe clips that the board researched a few years ago. They're the best base we know of at this time. I do have originals, as I was the first to have them in hand, but there's no point in modifying them if Sidewinder has already done it. I have altered the rear clip because I'm don't agree with his interpretation but I'm in a minority of one with regard to that.

My Webleys are both in this thread

I think Sidewinder is currently offering the most accurate representation of either version although there are some other nice kits out there.

The Portumac/Andy Meyers versions are nice but there are a few glaring inaccuracies that really shouldn't be present on something with that price tag and I'm still slightly at a loss as to why those issues weren't corrected given that plenty of people pointed them out during the working phases.

Those bronze Webleys that a couple of different people offered are a nice base if you can get hold of one. I've seen some 3D printed versions floating around that look okay. The biggest advantage with those is that they appear to be cheap.

Also, let's not forget Stormrider if he's still doing kits; many a happy Fett fan has a Stormrider EE3.

Hey, very late to the thread, but I was looking for a metal ee3 and noticed you brought up portumac. If these inaccuracies haven't been fixed yet, would you mind listing some of them so I know what to look for? I'm pretty new to this and if I'm going to drop over a grand, I'd want it to be 100% accurate, not just mostly accurate. (I should also mention, I'm looking for a metal and walnut ee3, so some of the other kits wouldn't do much for me)
Thanks again.

I have 2 Sidewinder kits and can also vouch for Simon's incredible work.

ROTJ kit with a vintage scope.
20161220-Sidewinder EE-3-016.jpg

I got his base Webley kit for this ESB build.
IMG_20200613_204919.jpg

Hey, very late to the thread, but I was looking for a metal ee3 and noticed you brought up portumac. If these inaccuracies haven't been fixed yet, would you mind listing some of them so I know what to look for? I'm pretty new to this and if I'm going to drop over a grand, I'd want it to be 100% accurate, not just mostly accurate. (I should also mention, I'm looking for a metal and walnut ee3, so some of the other kits wouldn't do much for me)
Thanks again.

The issues were small, which is why it blows me away that they were not resolved in the Prototype phase so that is why your assessment of wanting it to be perfect for a grand are understandable.

Off the top of my head there were small inaccuracies on the D bracket, especially the tab by the grip, the scope, and the flash that were all pretty obvious. Earlier photos of the working phases show that the starting point for this project was a 4 inch flare gun, not the 10 inch, and a replica D bracket akin to one of the Indian ones that have floated around since the 70s, maybe earlier. The scope was based on a Franken scope of a modern 4x20 with some other pieces added in. The flash hole pattern was clearly derived from a small B port hole MPP and so on...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back