DStep’s ROTJ WIP build

Just a small update...got the hip pouches colored, weathered and on the ammo belt.
2CEFF8C2-65F8-43D4-813F-9B876D179D9A.jpeg

Looking very nice, how is your armour attached?

Thank you!

I’ve switched most of the armor to using the original screw and grommet method. I found it to be very secure. I tried the 20x3mm rare earth magnets at first and hot glued them on the inside of the vest. I found they kept sticking to each other within the vest, whenever I removed and put the vest away.

The shoulders and center diamond are still on magnets, but I plan on changing that eventually.

Jetpack has arrived and got some much needed help from Mike Halstead on getting it fitted!
D4F73493-98E0-4F3A-AED2-F66C6AFDAEFB.jpeg

69494B51-34FE-4706-B44F-DB585B3690E8.jpeg

2C72FC0F-3332-49A1-BFD5-FC9075060E2D.jpeg

I’ve also made adjustments to the armor, so it’s all secure and placed better now. Shin tools are also in...just need to attach the braids.

Planning on submitting pics for approval this weekend!

Hey one more question about the charcoal lol. Does it just stick on with a wet sponge or do you have to use an adhesive to stick it on? Hoping to hear about your approval soon!

the painted armor is actually porous enough to apply the charcoal dry. I did have to work it in a bit, but it works!

I did get basic approval and have been trooping...just working on some mods to submit for Infamous now.
43090B34-B660-4E08-AFD5-FACCD44545BD.jpeg

1CDCCB65-10D2-44F8-BFDF-B3FFB7FCE870.jpeg

the painted armor is actually porous enough to apply the charcoal dry. I did have to work it in a bit, but it works!

I did get basic approval and have been trooping...just working on some mods to submit for Infamous now.
View attachment 181783

View attachment 181784
That's great to hear! Looking great!! I'll definitely give it a go. I should be good to unmask tomorrow and I'll start weathering with the charcoal after that. Thanks for the tips!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back