Decal difference for the new guy

Hogarthfett

New Hunter
Hello I'm new and this is my first post and i am wondering what is the difference between the decals for the pre-pro and aosw. Does it really matter i'm trying for the pre-pro look and i'm not sure of the difference. I've been reading posts for a long time and you guys are amazing i have learned so much. I will post photos when i can for some feedback.
THX Hogarthfett

hey man there is a small color difference on the chest symbole, and a few weathering differences. but other than that the insignia is the same. the shoulder bell skull is completely different I know there are some comparison pics floating around TDH somewhere.............hope all goes well for you...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks i did not know the bells were different , but what i really want to know is the decal difference on the jet pack. My is done with the AOSW ( i think ) and i want to try switching it to the correct pre-pro . But i am not sure if there is much of a difference or where to find and example.

As far as I've seen, the decals on every pack are similar to one another. However, the AoSW pack lost its decals long ago and the MoM pack's decals are somewhat eroded. But the PrePro paint job isn't just your daddy's beat-up ROTJ. It would be a totally fresh paint job to do it right.

The PrePro pack is very clean compared to all the exhibit/movie packs, so if you're going in this direction, I'd get some primo ref material ----->>> I don't have the new ref cd yet, but I'm pretty sure your answer can be found here: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?p=242633#post242633

You might try shooting a pm to Wizardofflight, I think he produced some decals and/or decal plans that could help you.

I have a kit from testors where you can print off water decals from your home computer. Is there decal plans out there that i can get to do this ? If the decals are almost the same then i just need to get the ones i'm missing and add them on. I have the two on the fuel tanks but they are painted on and so is the one along side the rocket , i can apply the rest with the decal maker and it should still look good. What do you think ?

I was just looking around and found a forum from 02-03-07 slave1pilot has a photo of 11 different jet packs , the photo of his looks almost the same as mine. I don't know if this helps but it looks like it has the same decals.

Here's a sample of WoF's custom decals. Not sure if he's still offering these.

Otherwise, any decal kit can get easily screwed up if you don't let the ink dry for a long time (like 48hrs). More advice on these kits can be found by searching around on some of the model building forums out there such as:
http://www.starshipmodeler.com/
http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php

Good luck.

Cimg2368_1.jpg

Keep in mind that the large symbols at the top of the fuel cells are hand drawn on at least some of the packs, including the AoSW pack and I believe the PP2.

left.jpg

right.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back