DeathProof's ROTJ Fett: BH-32794

Pardon my ignorance but am I looking at the normal ROTJ or an ROTJ SE?
By the way. This is the most ridiculous costume. Incredible work!!!
I was just going to ask the same question. I notice on your armor you have the 3 little holes in the shape of a triangle on the belly armor. My armor from Sith planet does not have that. Do I need to drill them in?

Also Raffs Stencils for his helmet are all Hero and the armor just says ROTJ, but the cod stencil specifically says Pre Pro 3. Did you use Rafs Cod Stencil and is it ok to use all of his stencils on 1 build? Meaning, I want to build a hero, but if his stencil is a pre pro 3, I should not use it, as it is for a different costume. I am guessing it is not ok to mix stencils correct? My aim is 501 approval.

The file on the ROTJ cod plate says original Pre-Pro #3 color for the chipped off green, which means that originally the cod plate was part of that suit, but for ROTJ lots of parts and pieces were repainted or modified.

The file on the ROTJ cod plate says original Pre-Pro #3 color for the chipped off green, which means that originally the cod plate was part of that suit, but for ROTJ lots of parts and pieces were repainted or modified.
Yes I was just trying to find out if it’s OK to use the stencil even though it says pre-pro. Raff just got back to me and said that other people have used all of the stencils and gotten approved so I guess it’s OK to mix them

Yes I was just trying to find out if it’s OK to use the stencil even though it says pre-pro. Raff just got back to me and said that other people have used all of the stencils and gotten approved so I guess it’s OK to mix them
RafalFett I just realized I quoted you talking about you to you lol sorry.

These are the paints I used:

View attachment 132727

The XF-65 Flat Field Grey is an acrylic whereas everything else is enamel. Everything had a Testor's Dullcote topcoat to protect it.

DeathProof
God I love this build thread. One question though. You mentioned the green damage colors on the Chest (Humbrol 78)and ab (Humbrol 76), but not the collar and cod. The Stencils call for Hunt Club Green Pre Pro #3. Do you remember what you used? Thank you!

Hi deathproof, My research has lead me to you. Ive been looking into ways to create smoke thrusters however your video seems to be private. Is there a way to view it am i being a dummy
Thanks in advance

Holy doodle! Good to see my thread still being used :)

I plan on doing an update video as I’ve been making several upgrades over the years. The smoke unit, for instance, is no longer a skywriter….it was wired, inconvenient, and only had about 2-10 min of smoke. I have since changed it over to a wireless smoke unit. It’s e-cigarette based, much more cost effective, and doesn’t take forever to heat up. The tutorial I used comes from Valkyrie Studios:

Kamui Cosplay has a good video on this procedure as well, and demonstrates using different ecigs:

I took this setup one step further and added a remote button to my glove, so it’s a very concealed action.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Its great that its here and your still responding!
Ive looked into the ecig method but then ive found a method created by Bigdane that looks amazing! I will have to research further into the e-cig setup, thanks for linking me to the tutorial! how much run time are you getting on your setup?
Thanks deathproof

You don’t want to run it that long, especially all at once as you can burn out the ecig. Best recommendation is to test your runtime before you install as all ecigs will behave differently. I only have “puffed“ the smoke about 5-20 seconds at a time over a two hour troop. I haven’t had issues, but I also wasn’t trigger happy either ;)

Curious about other setups - if you find the link, please share it!

thats pretty good, im hoping to do similar bursts. My friend owns a vape shop so i will tap him up.

This is Bigdane setup i see on youtube
He is willing to produce the setup if he finds 4 more people interested.
I would rather make it myself but i am willing to pay as it looks so good! Dont think hes willing to give up his secret

That looks like a CO2 setup. I’ve seen ones like this before, but didnt really like the effect as much - too much burst. Granted, thats how I think they did it for the supertrooper reveal for George back in the day.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back