DeathProof's ROTJ Fett: BH-32794

@dms54nyc

Fettpride's knees come with inserts that gets glued in behind the knees (into the relief where the darts should go). These inserts have holes that match the holes on the knees and you just glue the darts in! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just stumbled upon this years later, but I've got to say I love that Rocketeer Helmet in the background! Something about us Bucketheads and our Helmets huh?

Jetpack Smoke Test Video

Ok guys and gals! Here is the jetpack smoke machine video that I've been wanting to make for quite some time :)

The smoke machine is from MrRCSound: http://test.mrrcsound.com/purchase
(By the looks of it, he's in the process of making a V2 of the unit. Just email him and let him know what you're looking for)

The smoke machines were originally designed for RC planes, but with a little tweaking, Andrew was able to make this work for the jetpack. I think it's a GREAT alternative, and really gets the type of smoke that I want.

I apologize ahead of time. It's 9 minutes...I tried to throw some B-roll in there so it wasn't just my face the whole time, but I think I touched on everything I needed to. If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

I say in the video that I haven't tried it inside and that I don't think it'll set off an alarm...kinda don't want to risk that, so I wouldn't go full throttle in an enclosed space :)

Jetpack Smoke Test - YouTube

sproigo

I had a rocketeer costume for a while...I meant to upgrade it, but never got around to it. Trying to do the jetpack justice was a financial rabbit hole I wasn't willing to jump into :) I've seen Rocketeer costumes go for just as much as a Fett costume. Insanity :)

1005948_675321331411_614230957_n.jpg

Yeah, the minute amount of digging I've done on the subject has led me to the same conclusion. First priority is my current mando/Fett build... maybe a Batman and then at least the Rocketeer helmet for display... that was my first grade Halloween costume... have to represent again someday!

nice pic though!

@sproigo

I had a rocketeer costume for a while...I meant to upgrade it, but never got around to it. Trying to do the jetpack justice was a financial rabbit hole I wasn't willing to jump into :) I've seen Rocketeer costumes go for just as much as a Fett costume. Insanity :)

1005948_675321331411_614230957_n.jpg

Holy crap! My thread got necro-ed!

This is a thread for the "normal" or "Hero" ROTJ, not the SE. There are some very distinct differences between the two but once you start your research and look at them side by side, you'll begin to see all the differences in damage, paint colour, and hideous rocket duct tape ;)

Glad to hear that this thread is still useful to some people. I have since been making little improvements along the way and am happy to report that I'm almost at my 50 troop mark!

Im currently building a ROTJ costume and this thread is so inspirational. Amazing work man. Got me even more pumped to finish mine!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back