DeathProof's ROTJ Fett: BH-32794

A, quick question about the harness and backplate. How far down does your harness sit, does the bottom support for the jp go through your vest and extend over and beyond the curve cutout in the back plate? I am almost finished with my harness, just need to get the white strap length figured out, and I'm curious as to how far the harness should come down. And as for the strapping, your vid helped a lot, and instead of sewing, which I can't do, I used denim rivets. They are pretty strong and should work out fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Justin:

The bottom of the harness sits in the small of my back. This is where it is most comfortable for me, but may be a bit different for others. The bottom support bar goes through two button holes in my vest at the back. Once the vest is shut with the white straps and bar through their respective openings, and the top of the backplate attached to the collar, the bottom bar goes in front of the backplate (the bar extends past the cutout). The suit is crated right now but we have a troop next Saturday and I can snap a few photos then.

Sewing isn't as bad as you think. I didn't do any sewing before this project...so I pretty much butchered it. But since it's all being hidden anyway, I didn't mind. Looks like something out of a horror movie. Glad to hear that strapping video worked out :)

Thanks for the info. The rivets were pretty simple, although I did break the river tool on the first try. I guess I don't know my own strength sometimes lol.

I'm prepping for getting my armor attached what size Chicago screws and grommets did you use to attach your armor to the flak vest? Thanks!

For chicago screws, we don't really have a lot of variety where I live (many people didn't even know what I was talking about)....so I pretty much took what I could get. I measured them at around 5mm or so. I had more luck finding different grommets, so I used 6mm grommets from my fabric store. They are labelled "Large Eyelets/Grommets" but should have a measurement in the fine print.

Here is something pretty cool I had to share. At Vancouver Fan Expo earlier this year I had the opportunity to get my costume 3D scanned by a company called Repliscans. Looks like I can get a figure of my costume made! Pretty nifty!

[video]https://skfb.ly/EOHP[/video]

I don't really know who would want to buy someone else's getup, but I'm sure if you emailed them they could print one. They aren't cheap though. I think he quoted me $200 for a 6" figure..but they're looking into other prices and sizes. I wonder if I'd be able to change out the cape for a fabric one.

2015 Year In Review

Hey Everyone!

It's been almost a year since I completed my suit! This year has brought many great memories, from parades and conventions, to my favourite highlight of the Battlefront release at EA Headquarters. I had the opportunity of meeting many amazing people, and made great friends with members of my local 501st garrison. Even my partner joined our ranks and is now trooping with me in her Boushh costume. This hobby truly opened many doors. I am so happy to have met so many people that share the same passion for Star Wars that I do.

I'm currently getting a TK built as a backup costume. We've since seen an increase in about 3 Fetts in our garrison, so I figured it would be a good idea to have a secondary costume to spread the Fett love around. Costume-wise, I'm working on stretching the smoke in my jetpack. I'm also toying around with the idea of adding electronics to my blaster. Over the months of trooping, I've mainly focused on increasing my comfort. I noticed very quickly that being costumed for 2 hours was approaching a breaking point for me. I added a cooling headband and fans - this helped immensely! For audio, instead of the wired mic to my aker in my right side pouch, I have now gone wireless. Along with a permanently attached mic in my helmet, I have a transmitter that connects wirelessly to a receiver and my aker in my left thigh pouch. This allows my voice to be directed forward instead of to the side - a big improvement in clarity. I have also removed the voice changer, as I have been able to deal without it - plus it's one less item to setup.

Over the 16+ troops this year, my suit up time has gone from 45 minutes down to 25 minutes. Special thank you to my squires who put up with me being a diva :) I'm always the last one costumed while all the others are done in about 10-12 minutes.

Here are a few shots from some of my favourite troops. Thanks again to everyone for their encouragement and guidance. I look forward to what next year brings!

1800013_817664421614285_7116594975145761289_o.jpg

11129600_10153253301372959_1788045981_o.jpg

11212656_10152700470471707_1373543115572482394_o.jpg

RHE_2751.jpg

2015-07-05%2015.58.07.jpg

IMG_7556.jpg

99788.jpg

IMG_7678.jpg

22463337742_4b11ba6726_c.jpg

12185321_547037545443773_2023887757454452735_o.jpg

12309580_843038894071_7907172789764350596_o.jpg

12239992_10208297988706692_2085348957681911827_n.jpg

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back