DeathProof's ROTJ Fett: BH-32794

We did another little photoshoot today along with the 'getting dressed' video. I'll have that up tomorrow. But for now, here is the one comparison shot I've been dying to do. Sure, there are a few differences which I'm sure you guys will notice, but overall, I'm quite happy to finally do the photo I've been wanting :)

comparison.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Moving the Knees a little bit lower and tilt your head down a bit and the picture would be exact! Even the shadows are perfect on the floor!

Thanks guys :)

Yeah, I like having the knees a bit higher - let's just say I've got weird catchers knees....so I had to have the knee guards a bit higher. Yeah...that head tilt....lol. I wish I had it now. The shadows...well...I got a little help from the original image...those are photoshopped in. We are in a VERY small apartment, so I took a little liberty with the background.

I probably looked at those shadows 10 times thinking, "I cannot figure out how he got them so perfect!" lol, you definitely got me!

Thanks guys :)

Yeah, I like having the knees a bit higher - let's just say I've got weird catchers knees....so I had to have the knee guards a bit higher. Yeah...that head tilt....lol. I wish I had it now. The shadows...well...I got a little help from the original image...those are photoshopped in. We are in a VERY small apartment, so I took a little liberty with the background.

Update :: Suiting up!

Ok, so I had a few members curious about the whole suiting up process, so since I was doing a dress rehearsal anyway I decided to video tape it. I figured it would be a learning experience for me as well as I double checked all the gear. I did make one fun mistake by not putting on my balaclava on before my neck seal. I'm such a rookie.

Also note that my voice amp is not at the correct volume - I didn't know how the sound was going to come out on the video so I didn't want you to be confused as to what I was saying because of the voice changer.

If you do have further questions, please ask. I tried to keep the video to around the 10 minute mark so as to not put people to sleep, but because the suit takes twice as long to put on, I had to make some rough cuts to fit that timeframe. Now that I look at the video a few times, some points like attaching the jetpack could have been flushed out more. Overall, it takes time, so be patient and make sure you communicate with your handler.

Keep in mind that this is just how I suit up. Don't take it as the only way to do it. What works for some might not work for others. :)

Alright, that being said....

keep-calm-and-suit-up-253.png

Here is another video I mentioned I did for JC27 on how to attach the jetpack straps:

Edit :: Emergency Kit

Another thing I would like to add is to be prepared for longer troops. Fan Expo is a full weekend event in a different city, so if something goes wrong with the suit, it would be good to have a way to fix the problem. I've made a little "emergency" kit just in case (and this should go for any costume that you travel with!).

In the kit:

• Velcro
  • Small sewing kit
  • Duct tape
  • Double sided tape
  • Super glue
  • Additional batteries (my suit takes 3x 9v and 8x AA)
  • Sharpie
  • Flashlight
  • X-acto blade
  • Band-aids
  • Rubber bands
  • Febreeze (since I won't be putting the soft stuff in the wash)
  • Bendy straws - so you don't have to take your helmet off to drink!

keep-calm-and-suit-up-253.png

Fantastic 'suiting up' video DP, glad to see I've set my costume up almost the same. Wish I could get my hands through the gaunlets (not a chance) as I have forearms like popeye :p

Wow, it's one thing to see this in pictures. It's another thing to see it all together in a video.

Finding a lot of similarities in how we're putting on our suits. Boots really do need to be one of the first things you do; it's such a struggle to crouch down to shoe height while wearing knee and cod armour, and the gloves/gauntlets make everything that much more difficult. I tend to have the collar and back armour attached at the cape side though and with a little bending I just slip it over my head, (securing the collar to the vest with press studs) It saves me needing a helper for that bit.

I'm impressed you didn't lose your breath. I'm exhausted by the time I'm finished. Are you considering coolant of any kind like ice packs?

Great video! Just promise us you won't go back in 10 years and make the "special edition", ok?

For new people like me, your build thread is going to be a really great reference, thanks again for taking the time to post your progress!

No sound on the suit up video

Is anyone else having this issue? Everything looks ok on my end. It's possible you were trying to view it right when I uploaded it, so it may not have all been there yet.

Daft Aider: The piano hinge method would work best for larger forearms. I had to add extra padding just to keep them from falling off.

Jesuit24: It's definitely exhausting, but not as uncomfortable as I initially thought. The harness definitely helps in that department. I may need to look into fans as my visor does fog up when I talk. We don't live in a very warm climate so I'm not going to look into ice packs.

Thanks for watching guys! I know it's a bit silly watching someone get dressed, but if it helps one person, then I've done my job. It's the teacher in me :)

- - - Updated - - -

Great video! Just promise us you won't go back in 10 years and make the "special edition", ok?

For new people like me, your build thread is going to be a really great reference, thanks again for taking the time to post your progress!

But the special edition is where I make the real money :)

I'm glad it helps!

one of the greeblies i keep seein in relation to the blaster looks like a connecting rod to a car model. where would this be? i see you used the two other engine parts and the f-4 phantom parts as well

The blaster is a resin cast from Sidewinder. Look him up on here and email him for any parts you need.

Geez DP your video is so helpful & your suit is so well done.I do have a question about the JetPack harness? I thought the frame had to be attached to the JetPack directly?

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back