DCB & MaxPlague\'s $90 vac machine...

Dustin Crops Boy

Well-Known Hunter
DCB & MaxPlague's $90 vac machine...

Jace and I built a vac machine today. I found this grill at a thrift shop for $5:

grill.jpg

bought $80 in hardware @ the Depot...

and used about 3 left over 2x4's I had from when I built my new garage...

just have to do some minor adjusting here and there - but it's works pretty slick for $90 and about 5-6 hours of work :)

Thanks again Jace... can't wait to built a bigger version w/ ya later.

vac1.jpg

vac3.jpg

vac4.jpg

vac6.jpg

Looks like a nice set up you got there. How are you holding the frame up under the heating element?

Last edited by a moderator:
that's one of the adjustments i need to do. I bought hooks to go on the handles on the side of the tray - but it didn't work so great - so I have to go back to the depot and find a better solution.

Very cool, but who was the poor sap who had to lay on the table and get their face formed over :p I built one a couple months ago ..... and I still haven't used it. What will be interesting will be to see what else comes off of this ;) Good job guys :D .... But wait, should I be posting this "good job" reply :rolleyes Is this allowed anymore :eek: :lol:

Great work guys, and it looks like this is sort of becoming a popular piece in everyones shop. I would like to build one and maybe I will one day.
How easy is it to get your tray in with the platic before it cools, it looks like a tight fit?

Great work...that's the kind of stuff that's convincing me of creating a Vacuuform table already...:rolleyes

Robert

i told ya the parts... a grill, some wood, a shopvac¨ & misc hardware ;)

i dunno... we just sort of drew up some ideas, went to Home Depot and bought some stuff and sort of winged it from there :D

nice! and for 90 bucks you can't beat it!

the grill for the heating element is a great idea!

Yeah, that was a fun project! I am looking forward to building a bigger one with ya sometime soon too. But most of all, I'm just happy to know that it works. :)

Dustin Crops Boy wrote:

i told ya the parts... a grill, some wood, a shopvac¨ & misc hardware ;)

i dunno... we just sort of drew up some ideas, went to Home Depot and bought some stuff and sort of winged it from there :D
:p ups you are right :D

so that's the "Aurra" face cast right
mmm maybe you can make some female version of the carbonite thing :D

secol_FETT wrote:

so that's the "Aurra" face cast right
mmm maybe you can make some female version of the carbonite thing :D

HEY GUYS...I hope you haven't come up with the idea of a Carbonite Michonne" for some "sick" plans!:love SICK!!!

.................well.......I think it won't be that bad at all after all! ;) (j/k) :lol:

Robert

DarthVader1 wrote:

HEY GUYS...I hope you haven't come up with the idea of a Carbonite Michonne" for some "sick" plans!:love SICK!!!

.................well.......I think it won't be that bad at all after all! ;) (j/k) :lol:

Robert

mmmmm carbonite michonne mmmmmm... err nice vac-u-form machine there guys.

That's a pretty sweet setup! What's the current size of the vac area? Will that grill support your next (bigger) vac-table? Or will you have to get a bigger grill?

A few months ago, I was thinking of installing a vac area in my garage and, lo and behold, the neighbors across the street dumped a working full-size stove on their curb. I asked about it, and they just gave it to me for free!

I can't wait to get it installed into the work area...it beats my current system of hauling the table, vac and other parts from the garage to the kitchen.

Right now - i have an 11x17 hole in the frame that holds 13x19 sytene (I have to trim my 14x20 down a bit)... this is big enough for what i'm planning on using it for. The grill i found is a perfect 11x17 size - so that works out great.

We don't know what we're gonna use yet for the larger set up.

I was initially gonna do the "oven in the garage" thing - but i didn't want to have to re-wire the garage for 220...

boy, I go missing form the boars for awhile, and you go and build this.

nice work Dal/Jace.

Whatcha working on???

Actually - it's now a $120 vac table... 'cause i decided on doing a different method for the support bars... i bought some punched angle iron strips that'll go on the outside each corner... this way i don't have to have the notches in the tray and the plastic... i'll show pix when i swap the bars out to explain what i mean :)

yo Joe... what'z up :) Jace and I have a project in mind ;) plus I need it for a project I'm working on for www.mrfrothy.com

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back