Daimyo Build

r3klus

New Hunter
While waiting the three years for my Bobamaker ROTJ, I decided to make a Daimyo Fett. Some trials and tribulation with various 3d prop printers and soft goods via etsy (I know, not the cargo hold)... but I'm close to happy with it for what it is. I still need to figure out the hose connections... Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230807_005953.jpg
    20230807_005953.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 158
  • 20230807_005947.jpg
    20230807_005947.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 157
  • 20230807_005936.jpg
    20230807_005936.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 167
  • 20230807_010015.jpg
    20230807_010015.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 152
  • 20230807_010026.jpg
    20230807_010026.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
Looks fantastic! I'd never knock Etsy as I've got many pieces and parts for my life size Fetts from there. If you're selective with your sellers you'll end up with some solid stuff.

I'm switching to that jetpack and back plate but have yet to figure out the best way to do that back plate/jetpack connection. What did you end up doing?

I'm switching to that jetpack and back plate but have yet to figure out the best way to do that back plate/jetpack connection. What did you end up doing?
I used a kit off Etsy honestly. They based their backplate off the screen used style fittings. The issue was with the 3d printed material being weak at those joints. I used a washer and bolt to reinforce it. I probably wouldn't go with that kit again, only because the chest peices were a bit off and the collar is undersized. I have a replacement coming. JJ Industries sells metal parts for the jetpack "Search: 7 results found for "jetpack""

I used a kit off Etsy honestly. They based their backplate off the screen used style fittings. The issue was with the 3d printed material being weak at those joints. I used a washer and bolt to reinforce it. I probably wouldn't go with that kit again, only because the chest peices were a bit off and the collar is undersized. I have a replacement coming. JJ Industries sells metal parts for the jetpack "Search: 7 results found for "jetpack""
Thanks for explaining that, and for the link.

I also got a kit off etsy and maybe it's the same one. i had them size mine up some because I know their stuff runs a little small. I was always on the fence about this system because I'm so used to having clips for mine that keep mine on my back. I originally had a Bradley-Fett jetpack, for over twenty years now, which I've been fixing up, upgrading, and so one over the years. Then i finally replaced the spine part and cut out the fuel tanks to make it more BOBF style, along with the side lights (a guy asked me at halloween if I was an engineer. No... just know how to use a soldering iron).

And my suit is basically inbetween MS2 and BOBF, so i cheat a lot of things. So having an amalgam kinda jetpack worked but mine weighs 15 lbs and I figured I would finally go for a lighter, 3d printed one. But I'm still not sure I'm ready to give up my old style back plate, so I really appreciate your response and the pictures to help me make a decision.

Last edited:
I've been slowly building my Daimyo Boba Fett as well for the past year.
The gauntlet connectors I found a way to make them resistant to stress and semi-accurate. There are the connector STLs and I had to edit them to use aluminum pipes to go through them. I will post the link here later on and the diameter of the hoses (plus links), since I went through three different hoses and the last one seems to be the better look and diameter.

The size of the back plate (which has to be able to connect to the jetpack) has to match the collar armor. I know, it's a tricky thing.

Now a question for you... is your pack side lights (the blue LED), is it intermittently switching from blue to red?

Last edited:
I don't know how accurate mine is but I have my blue one slow blinking on and off and the red is steady. I wanted something like that as it feels more 'alive' than just steady lights, which I also have with the beacon. And, again not accurate, but I have the rangefinder LEDs on even with it in the up position. I have found that no matter how much time, money, or effort I put into any other aspect of the costume, or how painstakingly accurate I get it, people really only want to ask me about all the lights.

I've been slowly building my Daimyo Boba Fett as well for the past year.
The gauntlet connectors I found a way to make them resistant to stress and semi-accurate. There are the connector STLs and I had to edit them to use aluminum pipes to go through them. I will post the link here later on and the diameter of the hoses (plus links), since I went through three different hoses and the last one seems to be the better look and diameter.

The size of the back plate (which has to be able to connect to the jetpack) has to match the collar armor. I know, it's a tricky thing.

Now a question for you... is your pack side lights (the blue LED), is it intermittently switching from blue to red?
Sorry it's been a bit since I checked this. No they are solid red/blue.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back