Chapter 9 Discussion aka Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen. (Spoilers within)

I also didn’t see the three holes on the lower left of the ab plate. May have missed it though.
Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 19.59.40 PM.png

Didn't notice it during the episode, but that picture that you just posted... there's no yellow on the armor whatsoever. On all green parts of boba's armor, there's the layer of yellow that's over the silver, that's under the green. But on the set in this episode all of his green hard armor Just shows green directly over silver, no yellow anywhere on his torso armor, collar, or the parts where you can see his back plate a little bit. I wonder why they didn't seem to care about that detail? *shrugs*

And is he missing the dent on his right chest piece? (his right, not camera right)

The helmet has that DonPostDeluxe "Silver, everywhere" look to it. ( Not complaing though...I love my Don Post! hehe )
Not a bad episode though.
Definitely invested and looking forward to the season.

Saw this in watching it again, when Cobb is rattling on about stuff on his speeder
Seems like gauntlet is flipped...left on right. I was thinking the shot was flipped but the armour looks right
IMG_4211.jpg

Saw this in watching it again, when Cobb is rattling on about stuff on his speeder
Seems like gauntlet is flipped...left on right. I was thinking the shot was flipped but the armour looks rightView attachment 200435
The jetpack Beacon was flipped too. So are the shoulders. I’m sure the scarf is CG too.

His hair doesn’t move much either for someone on a speeder in the open.

I'm elated. I just finished the first iteration of my ESB Fett today in advance of an event tomorrow. And then I see this! Like most here, for nearly 40 yrs. I was holding out hope for more Fett.

Didn't notice it during the episode, but that picture that you just posted... there's no yellow on the armor whatsoever. On all green parts of boba's armor, there's the layer of yellow that's over the silver, that's under the green. But on the set in this episode all of his green hard armor Just shows green directly over silver, no yellow anywhere on his torso armor, collar, or the parts where you can see his back plate a little bit. I wonder why they didn't seem to care about that detail? *shrugs*

And is he missing the dent on his right chest piece? (his right, not camera right)

there should definitely be patches of yellow everywhere! but it still looks cool!

I'm going to start out by saying that I enjoyed the episode overall. Armor complaints aside..... did no one else have an issue with the Temura reveal??? As a life long Boba Fett fan, it was a huge let down for me. Where is the excitement???? Instead of having the episode all about Fetts armor having a relatively inconspicuous ending.... it just ends with it being all... "oh look over here, there's Boba Fett.... happy?".....If they drag it out, its just going to be "ooooope, didn't have him in that one. Maybe the next one". And so on and so forth until he shows up and it won't be as exciting. Because we already now know he will. There will be no "oh ****" surprise guns blazing moment and that makes me sad. Boba should have been an end of the season reveal with the slow build or at least a super exciting surprise/dramatic reveal....i mean come on.... that's the equivalent of just straight up telling us Vader is Luke's father in the first episode.

Also I have a little issue with Din not recognizing and calling out Vanth for wearing Boba Fett's armor? I mean Din is a bounty hunter and Fett according to Canon was the galaxies most infamous bounty hunter. He should 100% know who Fett is and recognize that armor. Where is our quote that Fett uses on Jodo Kast!?

"You're not Mandalorian. You're not Fett. You're not Shysa, not Dala... you're no one"

The moment was right there!

Very true. Canon definitely for post sarlacc Boba fett, but not ESB or ROTJ fett.
I mean, I understand the rational for that, but since it's not stated that Cobb tinkered with the helmet, it's to be understood that the helmet is exactly as it was for Boba himself. What's a more definitive reason why it wouldn't be?

I'm only worried about the important issues folks, don't mind me lol.

I'm going to start out by saying that I enjoyed the episode overall. Armor complaints aside..... did no one else have an issue with the Temura reveal??? As a life long Boba Fett fan, it was a huge let down for me. Where is the excitement???? Instead of having the episode all about Fetts armor having a relatively inconspicuous ending.... it just ends with it being all... "oh look over here, there's Boba Fett.... happy?".....If they drag it out, its just going to be "ooooope, didn't have him in that one. Maybe the next one". And so on and so forth until he shows up and it won't be as exciting. Because we already now know he will. There will be no "oh ****" surprise guns blazing moment and that makes me sad. Boba should have been an end of the season reveal with the slow build or at least a super exciting surprise/dramatic reveal....i mean come on.... that's the equivalent of just straight up telling us Vader is Luke's father in the first episode.

Also I have a little issue with Din not recognizing and calling out Vanth for wearing Boba Fett's armor? I mean Din is a bounty hunter and Fett according to Canon was the galaxies most infamous bounty hunter. He should 100% know who Fett is and recognize that armor. Where is our quote that Fett uses on Jodo Kast!?

"You're not Mandalorian. You're not Fett. You're not Shysa, not Dala... you're no one"

The moment was right there!
For me, the Boba reveal made my week.
I thought it was great considering we were shown the armor. When Djynn was told to find a Mandalorian on Tatooine I lost my ****. But later, when Cobb Vanth took the helmet out and I saw it wasnt Boba, I cried like a little girl thinking he was the Mando they told him to look for and that Boba was dead. I thought that Disney was just gonna not talk about Boba and just use his armor to make fans happy in that way, I didn't know what was on their mind but I thought that if they didn't show Boba he was just dead and to be forgotten and that I'd be unsubbing from Disney+ and just hating them forver. But they showed -I hope- Boba at the end -in which I was so tense hoping they'd show him in the end- and cried like a lil boy again but this time with joy of having this man alive and badass.
It was a thrill for me and a good closure for the episode, a huge reveal and now we can focus on what does Boba do -if he appears again- rather than whether he is alive or not. This is not like revealing Vader being Luke's father at the start, this is just showing a character to bring him back and build something up later.

I mean, I understand the rational for that, but since it's not stated that Cobb tinkered with the helmet, it's to be understood that the helmet is exactly as it was for Boba himself. What's a more definitive reason why it wouldn't be?

I'm only worried about the important issues folks, don't mind me lol.
I get where your coming from. I would agree from the perspective of the Rangefinder servo, being canon after Cobb Vanth had the armour. The ESB helmet and ROTJ helmet never had servos, to move the stalk, but it’s still a awesome addition to any fett helmet(plus after seeing it now in canon). I noticed the stalk in the Mandalorain, was CGI animated, when he had to use it, to launch his rocket, which makes sense from a budget perspective.

This is not like revealing Vader being Luke's father at the start, this is just showing a character to bring him back and build something up later.

I mean, obviously you're right it's not exactly the same but that was the only major reveal in Star Wars I could think of that was relevant. But I mean come on....... you have what..... 30+ years (collectively) and the script writing period to come up with a super dope, incredibly awesome way to reveal to us that Boba Fett, THE BOBA FETT, is still alive and the BEST....THE BEST they would come up with was just the cinematic equivalent of "Yep"?!?!?!?

I'm sorry but I don't buy that and it's just lazy writing. I want to hold Star Wars and literally any kind of story teller, whether that's books, movies, tv series or comics to better standards than that. I get that as Star Wars fans we want to love everything and look at it all through rose colored glasses because it's Star Wars but it's OK to not be ok with stuff. Simply being "Star Wars" doesn't mean that it will be good automatically, as we have seen in the past lol

Last edited:
I screamed at the top of my lungs, when I saw Boba’s silhouette (I’m not ashamed of that ). The backdrop of the twins suns setting, was just f**ing awesome and poetic. Gave me twin engines of destruction vibe.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back