Can you compare your ROTJ helmet to this one?

jonmcclay

Active Hunter
I received a ROTJ helmet and the shape is puzzling me. I am comparing the ROTJ helmet (no stalk) to a Master Replicas ESB (with stalk)

1. when looking at the helmet upside down, the front right side sticks out more than my MR (it appears uneven)
2. the Master Replicas helmet has a more rounded shape at the front
3. The T-Visor for the MR tapers subtly and this ROTJ gets wider as it approaches the bottom

The differences with the ESB and ROTJ could have evolved across the movies...any opinions are appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpeg
    IMG_0165.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0166.jpeg
    IMG_0166.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0168.jpeg
    IMG_0168.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0169.jpeg
    IMG_0169.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0170.jpeg
    IMG_0170.jpeg
    1,002.5 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0172.jpeg
    IMG_0172.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0173.jpeg
    IMG_0173.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0177.jpeg
    IMG_0177.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 227
The master replicas helmet wasn't accurate, much like their Collectors Edition stormtrooper helmet, it was more of an idealized version, removing much of the asymmetry and general wonk of the original. The taper of the mandibles, also known as the pinch, was due to some error that happened along the way to mass production. Many members would cut out a section of the helmet to attempt to correct the pinch to varying degrees of success. The paint job was mostly just ok, but again, simplified for mass production. At the time it was probably the best licenced boba fett helmet ever made, however, it's wasn't an accurate replica of the actual prop.

The master replicas helmet wasn't accurate, much like their Collectors Edition stormtrooper helmet, it was more of an idealized version, removing much of the asymmetry and general wonk of the original. The taper of the mandibles, also known as the pinch, was due to some error that happened along the way to mass production. Many members would cut out a section of the helmet to attempt to correct the pinch to varying degrees of success. The paint job was mostly just ok, but again, simplified for mass production. At the time it was probably the best licenced boba fett helmet ever made, however, it's wasn't an accurate replica of the actual prop.

You sound like you know your stuff...what is your opinion on the EFX ESB vs. the MR in terms of accuracy? I know it’s different Production eras and different versions, but I was just wondering how accurate the EFX is compared to the MR. I always see the MR going for so much money - I’m assuming due to its rarity and being widely considered the best licensed Boba helmet to date.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back