Can I make a positive cast from a styrene shell?

I think it sounds like recasting also. But I don't know.
Maybe if you explain in more detail what you are wanting to know and why, people might be more helpful.
There has been alot of Recasting and a question like this throws up Red Flags.
Not Bagging on you Friend, Just giving you a heads up.

Wayne

General Grievous said:
I think it sounds like recasting also. But I don't know.
Maybe if you explain in more detail what you are wanting to know and why, people might be more helpful.
There has been alot of Recasting and a question like this throws up Red Flags.
Not Bagging on you Friend, Just giving you a heads up.

Wayne

Cheers General

Sorry about that. I think what I was trying to do IS recast (hangs head in shame). Unfortunately I'd posted the question before I even knew it had a name, and that it was strictly verboten.

Truth of the matter is that I got hosed on ebay and have a vacuformed prop in need of serious repair (I don't want to go too much into the details as the seller may be a board member).

I can now see however, that any info posted on this subject would only help those cretins trying to make a fast buck off the genius of others.

Thought I'd better clear the air, as it really is an excellent forum and I'll probably need help at some point with other projects I'm working on (only worked with papier mache, cardboard and wire to date, and the Prop Builder's Handbook will only take me so far).

Again, thanks for the heads up General.

Joe.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back