Boushh Build WIP - Iron's Daughter

Got another update!

As we all know life and such can get in the way and is no doubt happening to me. But my kids helmet I feel is weathered pretty well! Here are some shots.....
Helmet - All.jpg

I've been keeping in touch with the person who is helping me with this build. I've made mention of her before and while she is behind the scenes here - her help has been awesome! She's with the 501st's Titan Garrison as their GWL (Garrison Web Liaison). She'll be helping me with the sewing of the Bandolier Kit that I got from Sandman and will also be making me the Vibrostaff! Her expertise and photos she's shown me thus far has really helped me with this build!

You may have even noticed another thing in the last couple photos from above....Yep, my daughters Tanks and Collar Armor arrived!
Helmet, Collar Armor and Tanks.jpg

I'm super stoked with how these turned out!
1650161048567.png

As you know I'm dealing with Alvomedia who is doing nearly all of the soft parts for me. I asked her for a recommendation for the Tanks and Collar Armor, and she recommended a user who goes by "Dark Shadow" over on the RPF. I touched bases with him and found he was able to get going on them right away. I had also asked if he'd be able to finish these items for me. And he was able to take on that commission!
1650161300267.png

Collar Armor - Front View.jpg

Collar Armor - Rear View.jpg

Collar Armor - Inside View.jpg

Tanks - All.jpg

Needless to say, I'm very pleased with how these turned out. There a couple minor flaws on the Tanks that I'll have to address, but it's no big deal! And as far as I can tell not one thing needs to be changed on the Collar Armor - aside form adding in a foam liner as per the 501st CRL AND for comfort as they have a good amount of return edge (Which is necessary per the 501st CRL), but also it can't be too comfy with out some padding.

As for the Tanks, the only things I need to address are:
1) The Left Tank Bottom Cap needs to be light grey in color.
2) A Green Scratch Marking on the tube that connects the two tanks.
3) Where you see the Light Blue in my pics, according to the 501st and their CRL pics, needs to be Light Green .
4) Using the Light Green, a small amount of spray on both tanks from where the connecting tubes are at.
5) A little bit of airbrushing of some Black Soot on the Dark Blue Stem.
6) Dye, Weather and Seal the Top Raw Leather Strap with two buttons.

The Bottom Raw Leather Strap will not be seen - as it wraps underneath the back side of the Collar Armor for support, but I may dye it anyways. As I don't know really all that much about dyeing leather, so it could be a good guinea pig. I mean, how hard can it be?
1650162135866.png

But here is the stuff I intend to use....
Leather Dye and Sealer.jpg

Here is what pic from the 501st CRL on the Tanks....
1650165248085.png

In addition to all of this, I put down a small deposit for Alvomedia to begin working on the Ubese Clan Belt, the Girth Belt and Sleeves! But I love how this is all coming to fruition! Only a couple things will remain after that and those are the inner shirt and pants.

More to follow!

Best,
-Iron

Last edited:
Hey All!
Just wanted to wish y'all a Happy Easter!
Easter - Boushh.jpg

I'll be continuing to work on my kids costume today! I hope to update you at the end of the day here! Stay tuned!

-Iron

Happy Easter as well. I gotta say I love the tanks, I know you said they have some flaws but they look great. I’m no Boushh expert, and it’s super cool to have some spot on advice too.

Where did you get that helmet stand and does it hold a Fett bucket well?
PinkFlamingos6
I totally didn’t mean to leave you hangin’, but concerning the Helmet Stand. I got it from none other than David Neth ! I’m not sure if his sales thread is currently active, but I’ve been in discussions with him in getting one that has the Rebel Alliance symbol on it for my kids Boushh helmet!

Actually….his sales thread is no longer up. But he did make a wide array of stands, ESB, ROTJ, Pre-Pro, Galactic Empire Symbol, etc. I’m not sure if he’s still selling them, but they are super nice sturdy stands. As you can see it looks awesome, and yes it holds my Boba Fett (Boba Maker ROTJ VX) helmet just fine. I fully intend to give my Mythosaur a dark red paint job and using some steel wool, scuff it up some.
:cool:(y)

-Iron

Last edited:
Happy Easter as well. I gotta say I love the tanks, I know you said they have some flaws but they look great. I’m no Boushh expert, and it’s super cool to have some spot on advice too.
Got2bfett
Couldn’t agree more! They look fantastic! Dark Shadow not only did a great job, but he’s certainly did 95% of the work here. Not too much more to get it to 100% (in my eyes). Super happy with my purchase and end products!

-Iron

Last edited:
Looking awesome so far! The helmet came out amazing :) Where did you get that helmet stand and does it hold a Fett bucket well?
PinkFlamingos6
I totally didn’t mean to leave you hangin’, but concerning the Helmet Stand. I got it from none other than David Neth ! I’m not sure if his sales thread is currently active, but I’ve been in discussions with him in getting one that has the Rebel Alliance symbol on it for my kids Boushh helmet!

Actually….his sales thread is no longer up. But he did make a wide array of stands, ESB, ROTJ, Pre-Pro, Galactic Empire Symbol, etc. I’m not sure if he’s still selling them, but they are super nice sturdy stands. As you can see it looks awesome, and yes it holds my Boba Fett (Boba Maker ROTJ VX) helmet just fine. I fully intend to give my Mythosaur a dark red paint job and using some steel wool, scuff it up some.

-Iron
Thanks guys! I have some Fett ones available, I just haven't had a chance to reactivate my sales thread since I started my second run of them. Send me a DM if you're interested in one.

Cheers,

-David

**UPDATE**
I switched gears a little and focused on the Tanks.
Again here is the list of things I wanted to address:
1) The Left Tank Bottom Cap needs to be light grey in color.
2) A Green Scratch Marking on the tube that connects the two tanks.
3) Where you see the Light Blue in my pics, according to the 501st and their CRL pics, needs to be Light Green .
4) Using the Light Green, a small amount of spray on both tanks from where the connecting tubes are at.
5) A little bit of airbrushing of some Black Soot on the Dark Blue Stem.
6) Dye, Weather and Seal the Top Raw Leather Strap with two buttons.

Here is the 501st CLR pic...
1650419089775.png

And here are the tanks as I received them......
Tanks - All - Before.jpg

And here are the tanks after I gave it a little bit more TLC.....
Tanks - All - After.jpg

You'll note that I drilled a hole into the backside of the Left Tank. Turns out there something rattling around on the inside - It was driving me nuts. I just need to seal my work, but I like the look of it a lot better!

-Iron

**UPDATE**

Sorry everyone, it's been a few minutes. But I have some updates! So I attempted to install my lenses into the helmet and got the upper visor lens installed good. And what I did there was a couple dots of super glue and held it in place for the recommended 10 seconds. Then followed up with hot glue around the borders. Worked like a champ! Then it was time to install the other visor where you see out of. Same thing, a few drops of superglue in key places to hold it. I held it in place for 10 seconds. I then went to get my hot glue gun it held for about 5 seconds and then violently bent back straight and super glue got all over the visor.
1652299830765.png
1652299836167.png

Needless to say, I was bummed!
Sandman Lens Messup.jpg

I reached out to Todd (Sandman) who gave me a link to a visor he uses for his kits - which is nothing more than a welders visor. When I got the Visor and cut out the new lens, it looked way too dark! Here is a comparison of the two....
Sandmans Recommendation.jpg

This time I ordered another welders mask and had to look real hard to ensure it was the correct shade - which is difficult in itself to do when you online shop. And thankfully it seems I found an exact match! Here it is pictured next to the one I messed up on....
New Visor.jpg

The plan now is to be more careful, and get this new visor cut and installed - without incident.

In addition, I've been talking with David Neth for getting one of his Rebel Alliance Stands for the Boushh helmet. Which I got and received today! But he was also gracious enough to simply give me his Boushh Outer Tunic too! It turns out this wasn't to the correct size on his wife and he had to sadly make another. So, he was willing to give this to me! I assume my daughter will outgrow this but this'll get us by for this year, and it's not like she's going to the 501st right away anyway. Assuming she wants to even do that in 7 years. (She'll be 11 next month)
David Neth's Contributions.jpg

David Neth makes such kick a s s helmet stands! Here is another shot next to my Fett stand....
David Neth's Helmet Stands.jpg

And I'm sorry, as much as I do like the stainless steel look. I had to give the Rebel Symbol a paintjob in Red!
New Paint.jpg

New Paint with Helmet.jpg

My initial thought was to maybe weather it a bit with #0000 Steel Wool, but......I like the look of it without the weathering!

And lastly my order with Alvomedia for the Sleeves, Clan Belt and Girthbelt has shipped and should be here tomorrow! Starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel!

More to follow!

Best,
-Iron

Last edited:
Armed with a bit more patience, I had some great success with that visor install. This time around I didn't use super glue at all. I trimmed my visor piece out and held it in place and used just hot glue about every 2 inches until I made it all the way around. Took about an hour but got it installed and it looks great! In addition, I also got the LED's fitted and installed too!

Helmet with LED - Pic 1.jpg

Helmet with LED - Pic 2.jpg

I feel like more hot glue should be added to the LED part to seal it off. But here is a shot from inside the helmet...
Inside Helmet.jpg

And for those wanting to see the LED's in action, here's the link:

According to the USPS Tracking, my soft parts from Alvomedia are in route and should be here this week! More to come!
:cool: (y)

-Iron

Last edited:
Got another update!

I received another batch of Alvomedia's products (Sleeves, Girthbelt and the Clan Belt) and am just in awe by what this person can do with a sewing machine and some fabric....
Alvomedia's Products.jpg

At the time I received this, my kid was still in school or I might have dressed her up in it all - Hahaha! But I laid it all out on my table to see it all together....
The Boushh Kit - So Far.jpg

I gotta say, my kid is getting herself one helluva cosplay kit here! It kinda reminds me of my mother who, when I was a kid in elementary school (early 1980's), went to JoAnn's Fabric in the mall and picked out an E.T. costume to put together from McCall's and the fabric....
1652926296856.png

She told me it was about two months solid work on that thing! She's a heck of seamstress, and knew what she was getting herself into - hahaha! I remember constantly getting up off the ground (Playing with my Star Wars and GI Joe toys) to go over to her so she could get more measurements. Halloween was great and I even took it to school too for the Halloween event - it was a hit! Sadly, we lent the costume to someone and never saw it again!
1652926641651.png

....Ah, the good ole days...

According to the 501st there are two greeblies seen on the Clan Belt that Alvomedia doesn't provide, but just so happens that Sandman does! He was able to cast these in resin and had them sent to me.
Boushh - Ubese Clan Belt with Measurements.jpg

After pondering how I was gonna get these attached, I opt'd to counter-sink some Chicago Screws into the Greeblie and screw them into the leather Clan Belt....
Belt Modification - Horizontal Pic.jpg

I mapped out ahead of time the spacing needed for the Chicago Screws and traced on the reverse side of the belt, where the greeblie would sit.
Step 1: Using a 13/64 inch bit I drilled out 4 holes into the belt.
Step 2: I then Dremel'd my greeblies so that the Chicago Screw would sit flush.
Step 3: Checking to see I have the proper spacing for the Chicago Screws.
Step 4: Checking to see that they sit flush and are counter-sunk enough.
Step 5: Getting my JB Weld Plastic Bonder ready.
Step 6: Applied my JB Weld to the greeblie and Chicago Screw
Step 7: After allowing it to cure, I test fitted it on, which looked great!
Step 8: Checking to see no space between the greeblie and Belt!
Step 9: Showing of the low profile screws, that shouldn't cause my kid any discomfort.
Belt Modification - All.jpg

Now, I gotta get them painted and weathered a little.
1652927739844.png

So, what's left?
a) Install a couple fans into the helmet.
b) Finish the leather cowl and strap on the helmet.
c) Weather up the Boot Greeblies.
d) Find a suitable Turtleneck Dickie pattern for the Neck Seal.
e) Get an Under Armor shirt and attach the sleeves to it.
f) Install the Boot Greeble to the Boot Cover/Spats.
g) Overall weathering of the Cape, Boots and Boot Cover/Spats.
h) Obtain the completed Bandolier from the 501st GWL (person that's helping me) and paint and weather up those greeblies.
i) Find pants that look the part.

I'm definitely starting to see light at the end of the tunnel! More to come!

-Iron

Last edited:
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back