Boot find...

electric jay

Active Hunter
I don't know if this has been mentioned here before...but I was just watching ESB and while I'm not a Boba, I pay attention to the man whenever I see the movie. 8)
I happened to look at the boots, and something rang a bell...so I went and looked at the MoM pictures, and yeah...those really look like a vintage pair of cold-water HAT diver's boots. My uncle did HAT diving and welding in the late 70s early 80s, and he had a few pair of boots just like these, but without the piping, which appears to be glued on.
Just for the sake of passing along info, if you're wanting a good pair of base boots to build up, look for some SCUBA boots. XS Scuba makes a decent pair, but they're all round-toed.
Again, don't know if this had been covered, I did a search and didn't really find anything.
:cheers

Jango Wes

Well-Known Hunter
Ah, well, what the hell do I know?
Back before this place was TDH, someone ID'd the boots and posted a picture. Like I said, "if I remember correctly..." they were Australian miner boots.

Wes

Last edited by a moderator:

Buckeye 01

Active Hunter
Jango_Wes said:
Back before this place was TDH, someone ID'd the boots and posted a picture. Like I said, "if I remember correctly..." they were Australian miner boots.

Wes

A lot man, and you make awesome boots!

TK3130

Active Hunter
Jango_Wes said:

Wes

Does anyone know where this info is? I wasn't here before TDH and I don't recall anyone saying the boots were identified yet. I thought we still weren't sure about them.

electric jay

Active Hunter
I said in my experience...and I have had a little bit of experience with mining.
Mining boots are high-topped like combat boots and have a lug sole made of either hard plastic or cast steel.
I may be wrong too.

batninja

Well-Known Hunter
Wes is right, they were identified (complete with pics) back on the old TUBFC ListBot E-mail list (circa 1997-2000) as older-style Australian miner boots. The story goes, one member was showing his family his Fett progress, when his grandfather (a miner from Australia, no less) ID'ed the boots.

I thought I had the picture saved, but it's been a long time since I've seen it.