BobaFett007's ESB WIP

Lol. Now it’s done

1607676563564.png

Tonights update.. I need to figure out how to stick a mannequin head on securely. I cant imagine the helmet falling off.. But pretty stoked to have the armor attached.. I have all of the pieces except the jetpack (being made) and hose. Just have to put everything together.
1611289039295.jpeg

1611289155865.jpeg

Added velcro to the inside of the cod/ kidney pieces. I'm going to use those with the velcro belt pictured, along with the studs to hold it in place. I'll probably only use one stud as support so I can get in and out of the belt.

1611778209253.jpeg

Last edited:
Good news and bad news.. good news is I installed the collar studs and did the padding for the leg pockets.

1611814647303.jpeg

1611814971003.jpeg

The bad news is the person who tried helping me fit my belt didn't realize how fragile the pieces are, so when tightening the cod piece it got a small crack.. I tried filling it with e6000 and im going to split the end so it doesn't keep going deeper hopefully. anything else I can do? Reinforce it with some ABS? Every time I pull the two to close you can hear the crack rubbing against itself. And I'm worried over time it'll get worse.

Also the holes where the shoulder studs go in are really close to the edge, and the plastic is really thin so I think I need to hold the back up a different way. Has anyone used velcro or another method? Magnets?

1611814735971.jpeg

Added velcro to the inside of the cod/ kidney pieces. I'm going to use those with the velcro belt pictured, along with the studs to hold it in place. I'll probably only use one stud as support so I can get in and out of the belt.

View attachment 206206
Other than the bad news you mentioned with the small crack, how does your velcro belt work in terms of holding the cod/kidney pieces in place? I just finished my armor placement on the vest (with the locking jewelry pin method) and am working on the knee armor straps now. I haven't gotten to the cod/kidney yet but am a bit concerned about keeping it in place. From what I've read, it seems that many people use velcro sewn onto the flight suit and also let the girth belt help hold it in place.

Other than the bad news you mentioned with the small crack, how does your velcro belt work in terms of holding the cod/kidney pieces in place? I just finished my armor placement on the vest (with the locking jewelry pin method) and am working on the knee armor straps now. I haven't gotten to the cod/kidney yet but am a bit concerned about keeping it in place. From what I've read, it seems that many people use velcro sewn onto the flight suit and also let the girth belt help hold it in place.
The outside of the belt is the loop side of velcro. So on the cod pieces I stuck the hook sides so it actually sticks.. so the belt is basically a substitute for velcro on the flight suit. You can adjust it tightly. I'd just be careful you dont pull too hard, and give a warning to anyone helping you:sleep:

1611875927307.jpeg

As of now only one of the studs are functional so I can get in and out of the belt. I tried putting velcro on the top of the kidney that tucks under the cod so it sticks shut, but I might need to make both functional or possibly a snap on that side if I can't get it to sit flat. I'd put the end of the belt towards the very left side of the cod so you can just slip in and out instead of removing pieces. I need to mess with mine a little more to get it perfect but its coming along.

The outside of the belt is the loop side of velcro. So on the cod pieces I stuck the hook sides so it actually sticks.. so the belt is basically a substitute for velcro on the flight suit. You can adjust it tightly. I'd just be careful you dont pull too hard, and give a warning to anyone helping you:sleep:

View attachment 206293

As of now only one of the studs are functional so I can get in and out of the belt. I tried putting velcro on the top of the kidney that tucks under the cod so it sticks shut, but I might need to make both functional or possibly a snap on that side if I can't get it to sit flat. I'd put the end of the belt towards the very left side of the cod so you can just slip in and out instead of removing pieces. I need to mess with mine a little more to get it perfect but its coming along.
Ahh, those additional pics help and I see what you mean about one stud being functional, based on your earlier photo. I'll play around with my setup but may end up going this route as I like the idea of being able to tighten it if needed.

I ordered an airbrush to do the weathering on the flight suit.. Now I just have to figure out how to use an airbrush and wait for the paints to come in.. also bought a binder key to attempt what The Builder did on his gauntlet hose..

1612049217330.jpeg

Also received a Man of War Studios cape.. I like the feel/ look of this one

1612049287911.jpeg

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back