Boba Fett "Re-Painted" build.

They used the slip-on version in "Black Rover". Here are mine:
View attachment 209265
Parts of Star Wars claimed it was the "zipper" version but I believe they were wrong. Tem is even seen wearing the slip-on version during fight rehearsals in this moment in the BTS footage:
View attachment 209266
I actually own both variants and the rubber parts are nearly identical in person so I reckon both can work perfectly fine...but I can honestly tell you the slip-on version is the closest out of the two just by the shape.

Where did you get them? I am located in Germany and cannot find a dealer.... :-(

Got my handguards today from Wasted Fett, with my bucket on order from him. They are rubber, which will be the CRL for basic. I also have the screen used patrolX gloves, which I still need to put together but am admittedly afraid to do so lol.

View attachment 210101
With these gloves, how was the sizing? I see a lot of people saying the sizing chart is off on amazon, many saying too tight.

Did you go with different sizes for the black/brown?

Did you just cut off the tips of the black and are wearing the whole brown glove inside? or did you cut the brown fingers out somehow?

Thanks in advance

With these gloves, how was the sizing? I see a lot of people saying the sizing chart is off on amazon, many saying too tight.

Did you go with different sizes for the black/brown?

Did you just cut off the tips of the black and are wearing the whole brown glove inside? or did you cut the brown fingers out somehow?

Thanks in advance
Hey, just saw this. Sorry for the delay. Sizing is about true to size. They are supposed to fit snug. The black for me was a large and the brown is XL. I cut the tips off, but you have to sew the tips so they don't come apart. I just used some thread and square knots. One goes right inside the other. Pretty easy.

i might be jumping ahead, but do you have paints picked yet for bracers and shoulders? been dabbling with diff ones trying to find the ones i like best. curious on everyone else's decisions on that topic too. looks like you went with montana storm for the green - ive got that one too - mellow yellow looks real good for the shoulders, but the red is killing me. cant quite pick one i trust. been looking at montan royal, cardinal or maybe even purple red. i have rust also, though i think thats not in the running anymore. not quite right, though looks better with blackwash.

I just started my Mando 2 Fet Build. I am a new-bee to doing a full build. 3d printed a few helmets along the way. I am sourcing pieces. These threads help alot. I just got the Zipper version of the boot this week from Amazon.

Ok... been a while. We are still working on the CRL for this, and making sure that there are accurate armor pieces available when released. Should be soon. I completed my jet pack, which is a 7 cat studios mould (Lou Plantania). I also finished my blaster (file by Kaz Ryder) and got my belt squared away. The buckle is JJ industries and the leather (except the belt which I made) is by Jeremy Scott.
234.jpg
123.jpg

Finished up my gloves. These are the screen accurate Patrol-X gloves. Glued on rubber handguards. A little while back I also did a test fit of my soft goods. It was a little difficult as it was just myself, so I couldn't zip up the vest. I also put the pants on backwards. Overall though, I am very pleased with the look. My armor should be arriving from Redman studios soon. As of right now, he has the only accurate armor out there. I know this as, myself, JB and Rex Fett (501st CRL team) personally worked with him to get the armor as accurate as possible.
asd.jpg
zsda.jpg

Just commenting here because there appears to be a lot of resources being posted (great build btw OP!). I was wondering if anyone knew if the design of the girdle belt fastener carried over from the damaged armor? I see a lot of builds using strips of black material or leather with velcro, but looking closely at a promo shot of the damaged armor, you can see the dog rope girdle belt with what appears to be a buckle and a more oblong shaped leather strap. It almost looks like..... duct tape? is used to hold the buckle on to the rope? I don't know, just wanted to check here before I add any fasten system to my girdle. Thanks.

Also, sorry for the thread hijack.

belt.jpg

Just commenting here because there appears to be a lot of resources being posted (great build btw OP!). I was wondering if anyone knew if the design of the girdle belt fastener carried over from the damaged armor? I see a lot of builds using strips of black material or leather with velcro, but looking closely at a promo shot of the damaged armor, you can see the dog rope girdle belt with what appears to be a buckle and a more oblong shaped leather strap. It almost looks like..... duct tape? is used to hold the buckle on to the rope? I don't know, just wanted to check here before I add any fasten system to my girdle. Thanks.

Also, sorry for the thread hijack.

View attachment 223010
Nevermind, my wife just pointed out to me that this is absolutely an illusion..... My bad..... lol

Nevermind, my wife just pointed out to me that this is absolutely an illusion..... My bad..... lol
So here is what we are seeing for the girthbelt and we are incorporating as we complete the CRL. The girth belt is the same, though it was flipped upside down for the repaint version. For the connectors, we are only stipulating black leather for now. 11 rows of the rope.

Final pieces of the puzzle. Just received my armor from Danny Redman of a Redman studios. This is without a doubt the most accurate post saarlac/repaint armor out there. I know this because me and the others on the CRL team for this costume worked directly with him to ensure it. Armor is a mix of rubber and fiberglass parts. Truly amazing quality.
77BE6303-36B9-424A-B5C2-A6DDDCF2EDF3.jpeg

Attachments

• 9EFED8C8-693F-4ED1-B4F5-FC5B77C1B1CD.jpeg
    9EFED8C8-693F-4ED1-B4F5-FC5B77C1B1CD.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 181
  • 04CACE98-D50A-4AE1-9286-CFCA3908341C.jpeg
    04CACE98-D50A-4AE1-9286-CFCA3908341C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 191
  • B6CE8BC6-5F26-4DAC-9A36-D76C581488A3.jpeg
    B6CE8BC6-5F26-4DAC-9A36-D76C581488A3.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 177
I see you have the flak vest and then an undersuit beneath that, but what are you using for the "secondary sleeves" that the shoulder armor is attached to? Or is the undersuit + sleeves a single unit that you have underneath the flak vest? I'm trying to source the undershirt for MS2, and the only results I'm finding are the full flightsuits from the BOBF version vs the "shirt" version from MS2.

Looking great and excited to see it all come together. The CRL is going to be a beast lol.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back