Boba Fett "Re-Painted" build.

Work goes slow, but things are moving along. My Sines Industries belt is on the way. That will cap of the required soft parts I need, as I have the vest on order from Matej. Myself and Rex Fett have been working with him to nail the accuracy down as we pick apart the vest for the CRL.

Also, Wasted Fett has finally released his bucket. Dropped the hammer and purchased that as JB Dubz also worked with him to get accuracy, so it is most likely the most accurate helmet out there right now.

Finding the girth belt rope is a nightmare. I'm 5'6", so I need the 10mm. I have ordered the same vest from Matej as well. Looking forward to receiving that. Also bought the Wasted Fett helmet. I bought a WF, Bobafetthascollegedebt, and a Red Bow Props helmet. WF also told me he will be making the armor out of rubber, so I'll be looking for that as well. I have a set of RKD armor as a placeholder, but either WF or Bobamaker will be my source for the correct pieces. Also, I haven't seen anyone make the correct chest electronics either. This one is definitely baby steps. Looking forward to seeing your build!

Finding the girth belt rope is a nightmare. I'm 5'6", so I need the 10mm. I have ordered the same vest from Matej as well. Looking forward to receiving that. Also bought the Wasted Fett helmet. I bought a WF, Bobafetthascollegedebt, and a Red Bow Props helmet. WF also told me he will be making the armor out of rubber, so I'll be looking for that as well. I have a set of RKD armor as a placeholder, but either WF or Bobamaker will be my source for the correct pieces. Also, I haven't seen anyone make the correct chest electronics either. This one is definitely baby steps. Looking forward to seeing your build!
Yep. It was the same way with Din Djarin. A lot of stuff was close but just off and then Great Ape Studios released his perfect armor files.

Got my handguards today from Wasted Fett, with my bucket on order from him. They are rubber, which will be the CRL for basic. I also have the screen used patrolX gloves, which I still need to put together but am admittedly afraid to do so lol.

gloves.jpg

Alright... one glove down. These are the PatrolmanXs they used on screen. Super thin, very nice. $50 a pair. Of course I was scared to cut at first lol.

Attachments

• ASD.jpg
    ASD.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 389
Interested to see how you attach the plates. I've stopped at cutting the fingers off. JB Dubz said velcro was accurate, so that's my starting point. Although, I may just glue...

Ok... added decals to my chest and shoulder armor. These pieces are just a stand-in until something more accurate and rubber comes along. They will pass basic, but I want something much more accurate. The final armor I wind up with will have hand-painted emblems.

Attachments

• 179361436_10157949390616127_9134904635109229052_n.jpg
    179361436_10157949390616127_9134904635109229052_n.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 498
Waiting on my Daniel Sines belt to arrive, along with a vest I ordered. For the most part, my soft parts are complete or at the very least I have all needed materials. That includes thee girth belt as well.
Who are you going through for the vest? Trying to find a SA one has been eluding me for a few days now.

Ok... added decals to my chest and shoulder armor. These pieces are just a stand-in until something more accurate and rubber comes along. They will pass basic, but I want something much more accurate. The final armor I wind up with will have hand-painted emblems.
Hello! I was just wondering how you made the post-Sarlacc texture on your armour pieces? I've seen some use texture spray used for bumpers? I was just wondering what your technique was?

Been a while since I have posted. Got a resin printer to supplement my FDM. Printed off the most accurate bucket I have been able to find and am currently painting it. The damage effect was created by diluting bondo with acetone and stippling on with a stiff brush.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 294
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 286
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 305
Been a while since I have posted. Got a resin printer to supplement my FDM. Printed off the most accurate bucket I have been able to find and am currently painting it. The damage effect was created by diluting bondo with acetone and stippling on with a stiff brush.
Could you elaborate on the helmet? Really interesting build that you have going here!!! Glad youre making progress again.

Could you elaborate on the helmet? Really interesting build that you have going here!!! Glad youre making progress again.
The helmet is a file created by Rodrigo of 3DPrintARMORYestudio on estsy. I printed in halves on my 3D printer. Spent a lot of time sanding and adding bondo but not quite as much as I would on a Din Djarin helmet. Printed at 107% as this bucket runs smaller. The color is Montana Gold Storm. I added Bondo glass on the inside to make it stronger then sprayed with Plastidip.

The helmet is a file created by Rodrigo of 3DPrintARMORYestudio on estsy. I printed in halves on my 3D printer. Spent a lot of time sanding and adding bondo but not quite as much as I would on a Din Djarin helmet. Printed at 107% as this bucket runs smaller. The color is Montana Gold Storm. I added Bondo glass on the inside to make it stronger then sprayed with Plastidip.
what made you come to the conclusion that this is the most accurate one available?

what made you come to the conclusion that this is the most accurate one available?
So let me clarify... most accurate STL available. Wasted Fett's Resin bucket is the most available on the market right now from what I've seen. Rodrigo used mesh mapping to get the dimensions correct on his. From all the research we've done working on the CRL, his appears to be the most accurate of the print files available.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back