Boba Fett "Re-Painted" build.

Hi all. New here and excited to be working on this build. I am building with 501st approval in mind, of which the CRL is slowly in works. Some of the things I have worked on are place holders, some are final.

Right now, we have identified that the gauntlets are completely new designs with differences from ROTJ and ESB. The rocket is different as well. As of right now, I have seen no vendor that has created a correct gauntlet. Same goes for the helmet, though some are coming close.

I have been working to nail down the flight vest and its details.

The boots are done. Phew. That was easy, lol. Makes it easy when you know what was used, and that was the Nortiv 8s. The gaiters all also done. These were ordered from Crow Props. A long way to go, but now something to stand on.
162081910_10157869361931127_6774433484148376101_n.jpg

I think the girth belt is done as well. The rope comes from pet hardware in Croatia. It sold out quick as its the closest we have found. I settled for 14mm rope because I had no options. We've identified his rope being closer to 12mm. This might be a headache for some.

Attachments

• 161273473_10157865777236127_2223584522897103091_n.jpg
    161273473_10157865777236127_2223584522897103091_n.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 468
I think the girth belt is done as well. The rope comes from pet hardware in Croatia. It sold out quick as its the closest we have found. I settled for 14mm rope because I had no options. We've identified his rope being closer to 12mm. This might be a headache for some.
It appears they were keeping in line with the horse lineage girth belt with this as it may be a paracord sprial pattern mecate for horses as well. Thoughts?

The hard part about this build is going to be waiting for vendors to make correct STLs or armor. The gauntlets are different than ESB/ROTJ. Even the rocket on the gauntlet is different.

Which style Nortiv 8 boot was it? Been looking at pics for awhile now, not coming up with any exact matches.

They used the slip-on version in "Black Rover". Here are mine:
MY MANDALORIAN BOBA FETT COSTUME - NORTIV 8 MEN'S 170410 INSULATED WATERPROOF CONSTRUCTION HIK...png

Parts of Star Wars claimed it was the "zipper" version but I believe they were wrong. Tem is even seen wearing the slip-on version during fight rehearsals in this moment in the BTS footage:
NORTIV 8 MEN'S 170410 INSULATED WATERPROOF CONSTRUCTION HIKING WINTER SNOW BOOTS 'BLACK-ROVER'...jpg

I actually own both variants and the rubber parts are nearly identical in person so I reckon both can work perfectly fine...but I can honestly tell you the slip-on version is the closest out of the two just by the shape.

They used the slip-on version in "Black Rover". Here are mine:
View attachment 209265
Parts of Star Wars claimed it was the "zipper" version but I believe they were wrong. Tem is even seen wearing the slip-on version during fight rehearsals in this moment in the BTS footage:
View attachment 209266
I actually own both variants and the rubber parts are nearly identical in person so I reckon both can work perfectly fine...but I can honestly tell you the slip-on version is the closest out of the two just by the shape.
There is a photo of the zipper version floating around being used on the show as well. As for the bottom, they are the exact same, and with gaiters you can't tell the shape of the boot. Ill try and find the image of the other version.

There is a photo of the zipper version floating around being used on the show as well. As for the bottom, they are the exact same, and with gaiters you can't tell the shape of the boot. Ill try and find the image of the other version.

Hmm I think you're referring to the Parts of Star Wars photo I mentioned there is virtually no images of the zipper version being used.
Both versions are very close but not exact.
The bottom of the soles are of course exactly the same but NOT the top rubber part of the foot which is what i tried to explain. Its slightly different, a lot shorter and rounder. Slip-Ons are more accurate in my eyes to the promo images but I already said both can work.
Also both of these are the same size boot. Here are mine side by side so you can get a better idea.
1616690731933.png

Hmm I think you're referring to the Parts of Star Wars photo I mentioned there is virtually no images of the zipper version being used.
Both versions are very close but not exact.
The bottom of the soles are of course exactly the same but NOT the top rubber part of the foot which is what i tried to explain. Its slightly different, a lot shorter and rounder. Slip-Ons are more accurate in my eyes to the promo images but I already said both can work.
Also both of these are the same size boot. Here are mine side by side so you can get a better idea.
View attachment 209269
Gotcha. yeah... its going to be hard moving forward sourcing even both of these.

Gotcha. yeah... its going to be hard moving forward sourcing even both of these.

Definitely getting harder and harder to get a hold of these days. The Slip-Ons are constantly being sold out on Amazon, they're unavailable at the moment but they'll most likely restock at some point as they usually do. I'd 100% stick with what you have though, they already work perfectly fine with the gaiters on.

Well...I got the version with strings. I had to get them in size 7, after all. I was really happy to find a pair. I cannot make any compromises regarding shoe size, as I have to wear orthopedic insoles.

But that thing with these now three different versions is really interesting.

Which style Nortiv 8 boot was it? Been looking at pics for awhile now, not coming up with any exact matches.
The primary style used in the show are the slip ons. The zippered ones were also see being used by a stunt double. As long as the rubber base is the same, any variant will be fine since they are covered with the gaiters. Problem is its becoming harder to find the Nortivs.

Progress update. Things are slowing down just a tad. I received some raw silk I plan on using for my waist band and sashes that hang down.

Still waiting on Wasted Fett's helmet to release. His is the only one I am confident will be screen accurate at this time.

While I am working to complete armor, it is more or less a place holder. I have not seen any accurate armor yet.

Waiting on my Daniel Sines belt to arrive, along with a vest I ordered. For the most part, my soft parts are complete or at the very least I have all needed materials. That includes thee girth belt as well.

It is all just coming down to armor, so I am now working on his EE3 variant.

Thanks for the update!
Could you elaborate on your thoughs regarding the helmets please?

Also.. regarding accurate armor Id like to direct you to this thread... Not much there yet, but I hope that will change.

Thanks for the update!
Could you elaborate on your thoughs regarding the helmets please?

Also.. regarding accurate armor Id like to direct you to this thread... Not much there yet, but I hope that will change.
For now, all casted helmets have had issues that would negate them being approvable for 501st infamous level. Most notably, the largest issue is with the ear caps which are very different. Others are using legacy casts from ROTJ and ESB. the mandalorian helmet is smaller and sleeker than the originals. Thats just a few of the more prevalent and unfixable issues.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back