Boba Fett Holiday special helmet 1978

Uhbif

Hunter
The first model of Boba Fett's helmet according to the cartoon of 1978.
I analyzed the cartoon and the concepts and compiled what it might look like. The difficulty was that in some shots the details contradicted each other.
The future depends on you. If you need it as a collector's item, I will continue to work on it and make a mold. To do this, I need at least 10 people who would need this helmet.

1110001.jpg 1110002.jpg 1110004.jpg 1110005.jpg
1110003.jpg 1110006.jpg 1110007.jpg

83YITPm_gtE.jpg Boba Fett Model Sheet #2.jpg Boba-Fett-Holiday-Special-Misc-02.jpg

The helmet is based on a 3D model, which after printing is further customized in proportions and sizes.

helmet_3_view_1.jpg helmet_3_view_2.jpg helmet_3_view_3.jpg

helmet_fin_view_2.jpg 1FlD5lCS4mE.jpg helmet_render_3.jpg sHFckicXfpw.jpg
jMo2gXDX2Lo.jpg X-dV42J1ie0.jpg

Last edited:
This turned out fantastic! I assume you are planning a full kit build based off of the holiday special?
The next step is to try to create a realistic Holiday special rifle. I have already started to think how to implement it, the body will probably be made of wood.
A full kit can take a few years and I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Looking Great !! Can't wait to see it painted up with the cool blue color ! Looking forward to your rifle pictures !!!

How much?
I think the first 10 kits, plastic, cutting and trimming, with a visor and with a sign for the stand. - 160$ (gelcoat fiberglass - 200). Delivery will be included in the price. And an additional thematic patch that I want to dedicate to this helmet.
This is in order to more or less nullify the cost of creating a mold.

A painted version +100$, but I can't say anything about it until at least one is made.

I can start the run in the cargo hold.

Last edited:
The next step is to try to create a realistic Holiday special rifle. I have already started to think how to implement it, the body will probably be made of wood.
A full kit can take a few years and I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

I mean, you could always just steal Wasted Fett's rifle right? lol

Very cool!
You mentioned that some of the reference contradicts other parts. Is that true for the left ear? In the screen cap the top of the ear is squared off, and on your helmet it's rounded off. Just curious.

Very cool!
You mentioned that some of the reference contradicts other parts. Is that true for the left ear? In the screen cap the top of the ear is squared off, and on your helmet it's rounded off. Just curious.

It changes from frame to frame. On most frames it is rounded.
I tried to keep the most logical details.

I took up the 3D model of the rifle. It will not be like the Wasted Fett, but the process is slow, I'm not a master in 3D modeling, and there are conflicting details.

thats nice! I was working on one as well back in 2013, all by hand though from one of my regular helmets...but it went on the back burner.... then i ended up selling what i already did and i think the new owner was going to convert it to a clone wars one. here is what i had done...
100_7610.JPG
(click to enlarge)

But anyways...really nice job on that buddy!

thats nice! I was working on one as well back in 2013, all by hand though from one of my regular helmets...but it went on the back burner.... then i ended up selling what i already did and i think the new owner was going to convert it to a clone wars one. here is what i had done...
View attachment 176531
(click to enlarge)

But anyways...really nice job on that buddy!
Could this helmet look like this?

I finished the rifle drawings, it's just like the helmet is a compromise of the original design and common sense. Some details had to be sacrificed because I want to make a wooden case.

HSBR11.jpg

All my thoughts are with Holiday Fett, I want to finish the project of his rifle, maybe make a full kit. Now the first model without fine detail.

I understand that this topic is only about the helmet. I can create a theme in another branch.
As a result, I will lay out the 3D model in open access.

Hey Uhbif, how many more people until this run can start? Also, any ideas on pricing for the rifle?

Yes, there will be run, now I solve two problems - a metal tubes of the necessary diameter for a skeleton which would allow the rifle to detach on two pieces.
The second problem - looking for a wood Turner, which will produce a gun stock. Here the problem - my familiar master is recovering from a stroke. I haven't found any new ones yet, they all ask too much for their work.
The rest of the pieces will be cast.
I need to calculate - how much will the casting materials cost, how much will the wooden part with polishing and processing cost.
I focus on a budget that will put the price at 350.
Soon I will create a separate topic, where there will be a WIP for the first sample, the creation of molds.

In the process of work I have some wonderful and interesting ideas. There will be a very cool rifle battery pack.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back