Boba Fett First Attempt Need some help please.

cyberpyrot

Active Hunter
I started on my Boba Fett project I will need help all along the way. Here is what I have made sofar. Oh and I put the little statue in there so just in case you do not recognize the pieces I made

I stole this cool chart from someone else thread.

border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width: 349px"
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | Item
| style="width: 64px" | Cost
| style="width: 64px" | Acquired? (Y/N)
| style="width: 64px" | Detailed? (Y/N)
| style="width: 93px" | Material
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | GMH Helmet
| style="width: 64px" |
| style="width: 64px" | N
| style="width: 93px" | Fiberglass
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | ESB Gloves
| style="width: 93px" | Cloth
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | ESB EE-3
|
|-
| style="height: 51px; width: 64px" | ESB EE-3 Heiland 2 Cell
|
|-
| style="height: 20px; width: 64px" | Boots
|
|-
| style="height: 68px; width: 64px" | Flightsuit (inc. pouches/vest)
|-
| style="height: 20px; width: 64px" | ESB Belt
| style="width: 93px" | leather
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | ESB Gauntlets
| style="width: 93px" | Aluminum
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | Gauntlet Hose
|
|-
| style="height: 20px; width: 64px" |
|
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | ESB Cape
|-
| style="height: 85px; width: 64px" | ESB Chest, Shoulders, Cod, Collar
| align="right" style="width: 64px" |
| style="width: 64px" | Y
| style="width: 93px" | Aluminum
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | ESB Girth Belt
|
|-
| style="height: 51px; width: 64px" | ESB Wookiee Braids
| style="width: 93px" | Kankolin hair
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | Shin Tools
|
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | Pulce-40 Sidearm
|
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | Pulce-40 Holster
|
|-
| style="height: 20px; width: 64px" | Jetpack
| style="width: 93px" | Fiberglass
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | Gauntlet Darts
|
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | Gauntlet Keypad
|
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | Gauntlet Rocket
|
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | Gauntlet Switches
|
|-
|
|-
|
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | Toe Spikes
|
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | Brass Borden
|
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | Knee Darts
|
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | Collar/Cod Studs
|
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | RF Topper
|
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | Jet Pack Stabilizer
|
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | Jet Pack Harness
|
|-
| style="height: 34px; width: 64px" | Chest Lights
|
|-

IMG_1065.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The vest and flight suit are a grey tackle twill fabric. I'm not sure of the actual name of the color though. There are a lot of paint threads that talk about the different paint colors specifically the humbrols. Do a search in this section of the forum and you'll find the info for the proper paints and rattlecan colors.

Colors depend onwhich version you're building. ESB (Empire) or ROTJ (Jedi). But Drax is correct about using the search function. For someone talented enough to build what looks like metal armor, you'll figure it out. But the first step is knowing what to search for; so you have to decide which version you're building. There are guys who are experts on either or sometimes both on here.
You're off to a great start! Then you have to decide on paint application method; airbrush or rattle can. Then depending on which side of the pond you're on, Humbrol or the closest you can find to it.
Bes tof luck to you in your build. Research and bookmark as you go.

Colors depend onwhich version you're building. ESB (Empire) or ROTJ (Jedi). But Drax is correct about using the search function. For someone talented enough to build what looks like metal armor, you'll figure it out. But the first step is knowing what to search for; so you have to decide which version you're building. There are guys who are experts on either or sometimes both on here.
You're off to a great start! Then you have to decide on paint application method; airbrush or rattle can. Then depending on which side of the pond you're on, Humbrol or the closest you can find to it.
Bes tof luck to you in your build. Research and bookmark as you go.

Haha you guys make it sound like I have a metal shop LOL.

I did cut the center piece last night I need to hand file a bit. I will order some more Aluminum plate today to complete the back and sholders

IMG_1072.JPG

im so bummed out looking through the threads there is no way I will be able to make a suit as good as some of the members here.. Maybe I should just frame the plates I made and hang them on the wall. haha what the hell I will keep trying maybe we will have a good laugh when im done. Anyone in houston Tx want to do a group build I can cut more metal..

Dont give up & keep at it, you're doing a much better job then i could ever do, most just buy the armour and take the "easy" route lol
Looks pretty good so far (y)

Keep at it cyberpyrot. There are very few people that have metal armor. Let alone people that have made it themselves and that looks this good. The work you've done so far is pretty good. Just keep at it and seriously be patient!! lol. Really though building a full suit will have a lot of down time. Most people selling fiberglass helmets have wait times that are months long and its the same for some people that make soft parts. Just keep doing what your doing and keep us updated and I guarantee you'll get answers. Also if you keep making armor plates I may even end up buying some from you for a custom mando build because a set of metal armor just sounds really nice.

Keep at it cyberpyrot. There are very few people that have metal armor. Let alone people that have made it themselves and that looks this good. The work you've done so far is pretty good. Just keep at it and seriously be patient!! lol. Really though building a full suit will have a lot of down time. Most people selling fiberglass helmets have wait times that are months long and its the same for some people that make soft parts. Just keep doing what your doing and keep us updated and I guarantee you'll get answers. Also if you keep making armor plates I may even end up buying some from you for a custom mando build because a set of metal armor just sounds really nice.

thanks drax making the metal armor takes about two hours for what I have so far. its really not as difficult as people might think. I ordered a new sheet of aluminum I will make the rest of the hard parts and post pictures.

One of the things that I think makes the work you've done look good is your giving it depth. Your not using some thin sheet metal just because it bends well. Are you planning on basing your armor off of your statue or off of one of the movies? If your going for one of the movies I'm curious as to how your going to do the physical damage to the armor?

One of the things that I think makes the work you've done look good is your giving it depth. Your not using some thin sheet metal just because it bends well. Are you planning on basing your armor off of your statue or off of one of the movies? If your going for one of the movies I'm curious as to how your going to do the physical damage to the armor?

hahaha I was just thinking about that. I plan on getting a ball pein hammer drill a hole the size of the blast points in a peice of wood lay the metal over it and beat the living **** of it.

I haven't worked with aluminum much but be carful that you done bust a hole in it when forming the dents. I know it can get brittle at times. Since your doing an ESB build look at some of the armor makers in the cargo hold like RKD and look at the damage on the knees and plates for reference. Id personally be worried about any damage at the edge of the plates causing the metal to split. Do you have any measurements on how thick it is. I'm also curious how heavy it is even though its aluminum.

I haven't worked with aluminum much but be carful that you done bust a hole in it when forming the dents. I know it can get brittle at times. Since your doing an ESB build look at some of the armor makers in the cargo hold like RKD and look at the damage on the knees and plates for reference. Id personally be worried about any damage at the edge of the plates causing the metal to split. Do you have any measurements on how thick it is. I'm also curious how heavy it is even though its aluminum.

3/16 thick. it will take a lot to split it

IMG_1021 (1).JPG

Well that's awesome. Have at it then lol. Keep us updated when you get more work done. I'm really interested to see how this turns out.

Same here. it would be awesome to have real metal armor. i might say it would be costly, but it beats sintra, plastic, fiberglass, you name it...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back