Boba Fett at Kenner

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
Many of you may have read Ron Salvatore's recent blog entry here:

theswca blog: The 200 Million Dollar Brand

In it are some previously unseen photos of Fett with the eyes helmet. I reached out to Ron and he generously offered to scan his vintage Kenner Kaleidoscope Bulletin's for me so we could have the best possible representation of those photos. These were low-res print magazines from back in the day, so even at high resolution, the prints aren't great, but it is still amazingly cool to see the Fett costume at this time (Nov, 1978). Ron threw in an extra photo previously unseen from Feb 1979 as well. Enjoy!

Huge thanks to Ron Salvatore for taking the time to make these scans for us!

1978-11 - Kenner Star Wars is Forever Meeting - Cleaned.jpg

1979-02 - New York Toy Fair - Cleaned.jpg

Thanks for posting those images, Art! And a big thanks to Ron Salvatore for allowing this!
Interesting note on the second image: the helmet is the Pre-Pro #1 v2 (or ears helmet), the torso armor is the Pre-Pro #2 (with the original abdominal plate), while the cod plate, the knee pads and the jetpack looks to be taken from the ESB Promo #1 suit:
1979-02 - New York Toy Fair - Comparison.jpg

Great catch, JB! It's the same suit with almost the same pose.

DERP. got my PPs mixed up there for a second lol. the top two pics, the PP2 left chest piece is different than the one on the bottom. also, the flame thrower hose looks all nice and tucked under the shoulder bell. oh, and they have the ammo belt on backwards...smh

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back