Beer Fett Custom Mando WIP

BeerFett

New Hunter
Hey, everybody! I'm slowly trucking along on my custom Mando build. My workshop is the outdoors and I work 7 days a week except for every other Sunday, so my progress is very weather- and time-dependent.

So far, I've dremeled out my Wasted Fett armor, but I ended up ordering a Dremel 3000 so I have a proper sanding drum attachment to smooth out the edges. I've also sanded the armor with 400 grit sandpaper. (Yes, I know the edges are rough, but so was the dremel I was using. Hence, the need for a new dremel for future projects.)

This has been a huge learning process for me, and I've loved browsing these forums to see what pointers I can find.

And yes, I know some of these photos are copies from my IG stories.
IMG_0380[1].JPG

IMG_0378[1].JPG

IMG_0611[1].JPG

Also got an awesome helmet liner from WhiteShadow for my current helmet, and will order another when i have a helmet that will go with my armor!

Helmet Liner.jpg

9/23/2018 Update

Trimmed my armor some more. Going to go over it with a file and some sanding blocks for one more round before priming it.

6589ED9C-0690-4A3C-829F-4039462A18C1.jpeg

9/24/2018

Got my EE-3 Carbine rifle from 208Brigade on Etsy! Really high-quality prop for a very reasonable price.
FE8EC87F-8FA3-4301-B700-8E3023717ADE.jpeg

D9C12D23-D1E2-48DD-ABBA-993E3020CF4B.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking forward to your progress pics !! :)
When you get your armor edges down pretty close to where they need to be, you
might try a sanding block with your sand paper to help level out your edges.
If need be you could start out with a course grade to knock the high points down and
progress to finer grits to get your finished edges...

Last edited:
2FD159BA-8A92-4776-8ACD-83AFD9BA40C8.jpeg Check out what I did I used a compass set just over 1/8 or 3mm between the point and the pencil lead. It made a accurate line. Then I went over it with a sharpie. I then cut just on the line with my dremel with a cut off wheel. Use high rpm. Then I used a half round and flat file to bring it down from there. Then used some 100 sandpaper and the some fine after that. This is what worked for me.

View attachment 168143 Check out what I did I used a compass set just over 1/8 or 3mm between the point and the pencil lead. It made a accurate line. Then I went over it with a sharpie. I then cut just on the line with my dremel with a cut off wheel. Use high rpm. Then I used a half round and flat file to bring it down from there. Then used some 100 sandpaper and the some fine after that. This is what worked for me.

Thanks for the tip! Hoping to use a friend’s garage on Sunday so hopefully more progress will be made soon!

Finally got around to priming the armor today! Still need to do a second coat and apply the two coats of metallic lacquer before I can start the masking... but it’s good to see I did enough sanding to make the paint stick :)
1CC95866-6ADF-467A-B800-C169003E30BC.jpeg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back