Artakha's DIY ESB build

I'm repainting some armor for GeekdadX7 and so I took advantage of the excellent FettPride V2 armor he sent me to use for comparison to my 3D prints I plan to use for my personal armor. The mismatched set are the unmodified chest armor files that RafalFett designed, the middle set are the same files, but doubled along the Y-axis. I think for my smaller frame, they will work well. (don't look too close at the FettPride armor, whoever painted them originally botched several areas, notably the chest lights cut out which I need to fix)

IMG_8778.JPG
IMG_8779.JPG

I would to NOT compare your armor to FP V anything....theyre all not made anymore for reasons of not being accurate. And its like making a copy of a copy....you only make yours worse off then the other.

I would to NOT compare your armor to FP V anything....theyre all not made anymore for reasons of not being accurate. And its like making a copy of a copy....you only make yours worse off then the other.

I can see some issues but what would say is the biggest? The curvature, physical damage or outline?

It's the only thing I have to compare to right now but that's good to know.

I can see some issues but what would say is the biggest? The curvature, physical damage or outline?

It's the only thing I have to compare to right now but that's good to know.
One its semi unethical... Using others work to fuel your own. And two youre making an interpretation of an interpretation.

So say your an Art student and you were tasked to make a copy of a painting. Instead of using an original you copied a painting someone else in the class painted of the original. How far off from the original would you think yours would end up being? Pretty close? Probably less close then the copy you copied. Open the gallery and use the reference photos of the actual suit...or buy someones work instead of using their work to influence your own.

One its semi unethical... Using others work to fuel your own. And two youre making an interpretation of an interpretation.

So say your an Art student and you were tasked to make a copy of a painting. Instead of using an original you copied a painting someone else in the class painted of the original. How far off from the original would you think yours would end up being? Pretty close? Probably less close then the copy you copied. Open the gallery and use the reference photos of the actual suit...or buy someones work instead of using their work to influence your own.

Oh of course. That was not my intention at all. I've been working on this armor a long time before I received the FP stuff, it was merely interesting to me, and I hoped to everyone who was following, to see the differences and similarities between my work and something that had been, at one point at least, accepted as a good enough interpretation of Fett's armor to be sold.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back