APPROVED! Evan1701's ESB Boba Fett WIP (BH-81989)

That's what we do it for; everyone else. I was sold on doing Boba at cons because the kids are so enthusiastic about him, you can usually have more engaging conversations with them than the adults. You're in the home stretch now though.

Tonight's troop was a blast. This is the only one I'll do not-approved with Fett. No matter what anyone says, starting today, I am Boba Fett! ... and Boba Fett's shoulders hurt :sick: :lol:

31530531_1901286856549282_398929674987634688_n.jpg

31408270_1901287076549260_515010752529039360_n.jpg

31416918_1901287179882583_4434529539569221632_n.jpg

Did you fix the color issues with several of your armor pieces? You need to use the correct colors on your armor for tier 1 approval.

This was the complete list specified to your GML...I don't know if it was properly relayed to you or not.

-The crack on the right cheek of the helmet should not be visibly painted in a way that makes it stand out over other details on the helmet (The crack is actually an L2 requirement however the way it is represented, would not be accurate even for basic approval)

-Flak vest really needs to be tailored, it shouldn't be visible from behind and overall looks too big in the shoulders (This is likely the reason the shoulder bells are out of place)
-Flak vest should only be visible .5-.75" past the ab armor plate
-Flak vest looks brand new. Though not much, the vest should have some visible mild weathering

-Chest armor spacing is off. The pieces need to be rotated outward, they shouldn't overlap the collar armor
-The center diamond should be a darker green than the other armor pieces, not lighter
-Collar studs should be at the top of the shoulder, not behind it

-Lower back plate shouldn't be visible from behind (Lowering the position of the JP will likely fix this)

-The jet pack base green is too dark, the base color should match the lighter green of the gauntlets and the dome and cheeks of the helmet, not be so dark that it is darker than the armor
-Jet pack beacon top should be brass/gold in color
-Jet pack is missing white dot behind the stabilizer

-Cape length is really dependent on the person wearing it. That being said, the Cape should only drape to just past the left knee armor strap, roughly about 3" past
-The cape is attached incorrectly. It should be attached in the upper right section of cape, below the top seam, between the outer seam and the stripe, so that it falls in a way that matches the references

-Shoulder armor needs to be moved closer to the collar armor (Again, the vest is too big, the shoulders are where they need to be on the vest but not where they need to be on the person. By only moving the shoulder bells, they will not be where they need to be on the vest)
-Right shoulder is too yellow and needs to be more orange, easily differentiated from the left shoulder's yellow
-There is silver damage where there shouldnt be on both the left shoulder as well as the left knee

-The right gauntlet hose looks a little thin and flimsy
-The dental files should be 1 red and 1 silver, not red and white
-There is some inaccurate weathering that should be corrected (over and in front of the whipcord housing)

-Gloves are very dark, the glove itself needs to be a lighter grey

-The flight suit needs tailoring as it is too baggy in both the arms as well as around the ankles (Far too much bunching where there shouldn't be)

-The ammo belt has only 2 snaps, on the 2nd and 4th pouches
-Ammo belt snaps should be brown, matching ammo belt color

-There shouldn't be a gap between the girth and ammo belt, the ammo belt should overlap the top of the girth and the flight suit should be visible between the ammo belt and the vest
-Girth buckles should be visible and 4-8" top and bottom separation in the back

-Holster should be attached to the JP harness belt (or another belt behind the ammo belt), not the ammo belt
-Section of holster covering the trigger guard of sidearm should be removed, exposing the split guard of the Pulce
-Holster snaps should be painted black

-ESB knees should not be the same color (The right knee should be closer to the right shoulder in color, orange (the left knee closer to the left shoulder, yellow))

-Anti security blade shin tool should not have the red stripe seen in ROTJ

-Boot spikes need to be weathered

-EE3 grip should be more brass in color
-Sling rings are much too big and shouldn't be key rings

I think the mow gloves are a GML debatable thing. The 501st legion Instagram posted a fett just yesterday with a clear pair of un modded mow gloves. So some GMLs are letting it pass occasionally even if it is inaccurate. To me it is always a little jarring to see fetts gloves be so dark. Ive seen people dye them before yes but I can’t recall the exact method.

Mow gloves are both the wrong color and have the index fingers incorrect on every glove. Despite numerous detachment members in the detachment leadership discussing this with Chris over the past few years he has yet to change his gloves.

Did you fix the color issues with several of your armor pieces? You need to use the correct colors on your armor for tier 1 approval.
Yep I got the list from several people. Still working on it. Fixed my knees yesterday, was able to take down the orange on one to be slightly more yellow so that you can visibly see the difference (but not so much that it is yellow like the shoulder). Going to carve out some time tonight to mist some Humbrol Green #76 on the center diamond to darken it. I'm also going to take 0000 steel wool to the jetpack to take down the darkness of the weathering and make it look closer to the gauntlets. The base green color that Lou used is very close to the Humbrol 78. Pretty much everything else on the list has been corrected to the best of my ability.

My Mike M. gloves and longer girth belt shoulder in sometime Mid May, and my correct ammo pouch without the snap should be in soon as well. Once those are in, and all of my paint has been updated, I'll be ready to re-take my approval pictures.

Does anyone know where to get the rings the sling is supposed to hang from on the EE-3?

Does anyone know where to get the rings the sling is supposed to hang from on the EE-3?

Hey Evan, like i mentioned in our messages before you blocked me from responding,

Anything but key rings! ;) A basic o-ring would work, 3/4" would suffice, accurate Webley rings are 1/2".

cheers!
jeremy

Hey Evan, like i mentioned in our messages before you blocked me from responding,

Anything but key rings! ;) A basic o-ring would work, 3/4" would suffice, accurate Webley rings are 1/2".

cheers!
jeremy
Sorry, didn't block you from responding, I removed myself from the Conversation session. I'm not very good with taking criticism so I needed to distance myself before I threw my whole costume up on the Cargo Hold.

When I think o-rings I think the little rubber seals on hydraulic fittings and whatnot. Maybe I can poke around at Lowe's and see if I can find some. See how many blank stares I can get from the workers.......

A well painted and weathered replica with one of Woodman's stocks is pretty difficult to detect and the little details like these repro Webley Lanyard rings make all the difference between extremely convincing and close enough. Same all over the costume I think.

I wasn't trying to imply they were not. I wanted to make a purchase but found they were unavailable.

These might be a better option cost-wise too, as they are on this side of the pond.

The ones I linked to also in States but yup still the same thing. Other vendors may also be available. The of my first post on the subject was simply to highlight that a proper replica was available.

Live the dream

Andy

I have a Hyperfirm which already has the "ball" part. I really just need the ring section. I have keyring style rings on there right now.

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back