Any way to remove ads?

XundorWrex

New Hunter
Is there any way to remove the ads here on TDH? I'm willing to pay for a subscription if that's the case. I found a link for a premium subscription, but that was for the RPF. Would that work for TDH forums as well?

Solution
We are never going to implement a payment system here but here is what we can do.

If you maintain a YEARLY (not monthly) Premium Membership subscription at the RPF, we will turn off ads for you here at TDH. However, there is no way to automate this process. We will have to do it manually, per member, which means the burden is on you to let us know you have an RPF Premium membership and remind us of it once a year.

I know that is an imperfect solution, and even this is going to be a pain for our admin team to keep up with, but it is the best I can do to give you an opportunity to have the ads removed here.

If you don't have an RPF account, I would encourage you to sign up here:

If...
The problem is that this is not the RPF where the traffic is huge and if you blink, already missed new posts or threads. I don't think a premium membership would be productive for both parts (members availability and forum costs) because that will require to have some privileged options, but might be optimal for those willing to pay a monthly or yearly fee to not see the ads.

Upvote 0
Guess it depends on the economics. Removing ads is more than enough reason to pay a reasonable fee for membership. But it needs to make sense for Art, of course. I’d be interested.

Upvote 0
We are never going to implement a payment system here but here is what we can do.

If you maintain a YEARLY (not monthly) Premium Membership subscription at the RPF, we will turn off ads for you here at TDH. However, there is no way to automate this process. We will have to do it manually, per member, which means the burden is on you to let us know you have an RPF Premium membership and remind us of it once a year.

I know that is an imperfect solution, and even this is going to be a pain for our admin team to keep up with, but it is the best I can do to give you an opportunity to have the ads removed here.

If you don't have an RPF account, I would encourage you to sign up here:

If you already have an RPF account, but don't have a Premium Membership, you can upgrade here:

Upvote 0
Solution
Great idea. How would you like us to handle verifying our premium membership for your team? This is me.

We will do the verification. I'll start a new thread that is pinned and you can post there to let us know if you have an RPF Premium membership.

Again, please remember that this is a MANUAL process for us, so please be patient.

Upvote 0
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back